• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

locker room trouble?

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden has come out and angrily said the reports were lies and amateurish, I believe the coach and players not a bunch of hating hacks

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden has come out and angrily said the reports were lies and amateurish, I believe the coach and players not a bunch of hating hacks

Yeah, I really don't think that the whole press interview with RGIII had anything to do with him. Best reports are that players were protesting team policy about adding extra interview time. You get that with almost every job when the boss institutes a new policy that changes the status quo for some employees. The reporter that Gruden angrily spoke about as being amateurish, probably perceived it as a stance against RGIII because he was being interviewed and made his/her report based on that perception.

I do however, believe that leaks not in accord with official statements are a big issue. Even bigger when the team is losing.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok show me the solid evidence ?

this is an issue only if gruden was against it

If you want solid evidence, go no further than J. Gruden himself. The issue is not whether Gruden was against it but WHEN was he convinced that he was FOR it!!! Clearly he's stated that he would not be starting the guy until blah, blah, blah, all of which would come as the week progressed leading up to the end of Friday's practice. The story was out long before that evaluation process was complete (early Wednesday).

To me this was unfair to our HC, I really don't care who leaked it, it should not have been done to him. If Bruce Allen is a man of his word, he would find out who the culprit(s) were and send a message that it ends now. If he or DS were involved, one or both owes the HC a public apology, still sending the message that this will no longer be business as usual.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two kinds of dysfunction most times. One is the kind that Dallas has had where Jerry made himself GM and he just does what he does and says the hell with it.

Type two is what Washington does, they deny that everything being said is a lie. Really everything? You mean every single report is made up? I wasn't born yesterday. Where this is smoke there is fire.

So I understand your stance dad (show me the evidence) but you wan't get any evidence because the front office will deny til the cows come home.

I am not saying this happened the other day but to think all these allegations over the years is false is just like sticking your head in the sand.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two kinds of dysfunction most times. One is the kind that Dallas has had where Jerry made himself GM and he just does what he does and says the hell with it.

Type two is what Washington does, they deny that everything being said is a lie. Really everything? You mean every single report is made up? I wasn't born yesterday. Where this is smoke there is fire.

So I understand your stance dad (show me the evidence) but you wan't get any evidence because the front office will deny til the cows come home.

I am not saying this happened the other day but to think all these allegations over the years is false is just like sticking your head in the sand.

:agree::agree:

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the organization is a circus for 15 years, and we see more jugglers and unicycle riders swirling around Redskins Park, what are we supposed to think?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info everyone.

Are the Redskins allowed to bar any specific group of reporters from their locker room? If so - I would ban ANY ESPN reporter from any of their locker rooms & practice areas for a significant period for of time. That witch hunt that ESPN conducted yesterday was disgraceful. I pretty much lost all respect for Adam Schefter after yesterday since he appears to have devolved into a TMZ reporter at this time. Isn't this guy supposed to be talking about player moves, etc? Yesterday he looked like he was one of the hosts of "The View" - how embarrassing.

I also loved how they attributed a lot of the stories to that blond bimbo that was on the sidelines for the game. Are you kidding me? All that women probably knows is what is shown on the teleprompter & what she hears in her earpiece. They also seemed to have this morbid desire to see that bus crash evolve into something much worse. The subsequent panel discussion was equally embarrassing led by known Redskins haters Chris Carter & Tom Jackson (who really needs to retire already). The only voice of reason on that panel was Ditka & they pretty much blew him off.

ESPN has pretty much become a joke of a network lately. This just pretty much confirms it. The low pt for me came at the end of the day when I was listening to the radio and Vinny Cerrato was giving his "expert" opinions on the situation. A trained monkey could have done a better job!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the organization is a circus for 15 years, and we see more jugglers and unicycle riders swirling around Redskins Park, what are we supposed to think?

Yep agree but it is compounded by a blood thirsty media & also by the fact that the 2014 media has no ethics and does not ever demand verifying sources. For the story about RG3 and the players drowning him out - whether it happened or not - easy solution if possible.. Demand that all interviews be conducted in a separate room or area - reporters should not be allowed in the locker room.

As for the Snyder story - whatever - who cares since we all know that there will never be a way to verify whether this is true or not. We still don't know the truth for the Shanahan situation that occurred quite a while ago. Oh well - I long for the days when the media's primary role was to focus on the actual play on the field.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Till next time, take care of yourselves and each other".

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep agree but it is compounded by a blood thirsty media & also by the fact that the 2014 media has no ethics and does not ever demand verifying sources. For the story about RG3 and the players drowning him out - whether it happened or not - easy solution if possible.. Demand that all interviews be conducted in a separate room or area - reporters should not be allowed in the locker room.

As for the Snyder story - whatever - who cares since we all know that there will never be a way to verify whether this is true or not. We still don't know the truth for the Shanahan situation that occurred quite a while ago. Oh well - I long for the days when the media's primary role was to focus on the actual play on the field.

Well there's a simple solution, but unfortunately its not available to us. Stop running the organization like a circus, and start running it like a company that truly values all its employees, and maybe thats what the the media will focus on. Stories about "The Redskins Way" and how it leads to success no matter who is under center (like Joe GIbbs 1st tenure). We don't hear stories out of New England, Pittsburgh or Green Bay about how dysfunctional they are, or how their coaches aren't really in charge of those teams football decisions, or anonymous tweets breaking the chain of command. So the media is just looking for a story, and we never fail to deliver the drama. The days of the media focusing only on the 60 minutes between whistles is long over, and this message board is part of that culture shift.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's a simple solution, but unfortunately its not available to us. Stop running the organization like a circus, and start running it like a company that truly values all its employees, and maybe thats what the the media will focus on. Stories about "The Redskins Way" and how it leads to success no matter who is under center (like Joe GIbbs 1st tenure). We don't hear stories out of New England, Pittsburgh or Green Bay about how dysfunctional they are, or how their coaches aren't really in charge of those teams football decisions, or anonymous tweets breaking the chain of command. So the media is just looking for a story, and we never fail to deliver the drama. The days of the media focusing only on the 60 minutes between whistles is long over, and this message board is part of that culture shift.

OK - please for the most recent stories please show me documented proof that the organization was in any way involved in any of this.

Let's start with the story about Snyder making the decision to start RG3. Absolutely nobody in the organization has given even a hint that this is true. The only evidence is that bimbo & Shefter stating it on ESPN. What leads anyone to believe that they didn't 100% make this up? Since it is the Redskins apparently it is alright to make up whatever you like for the shear reason that it attracts viewers. Can you please show me something that otherwise shows that this story has legs?

On to the RG3 interview situation. Again - the bimbo made it up. I have seen zero evidence that this is true & even if it is it could be skewed dramatically. So some players were yelling during an interview - so what? They could have been shouting for any number of reasons & - as has been alluded elsewhere - their contempt could be towards the media and not RG3.

I really don't see how the organization is the main culprit in this. Oh well - agree that the media is changing - for the worse. They certainly should confirm to higher standards that this board. However - I am starting to believe that fools like you, me & the rest of us are better qualified than most of the supposed media (certainly better than the clowns at the WP).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN stands by latest RGIII reporting | ProFootballTalk

OK Dave - I will take back some of what I stated if this is report is true. According to this the players were angry about recent changes by the team to allow more media availability. My apologies if true - this one is on the team (however not on RG3).

I love the fact that other media outlets are contradicting the ESPN reports.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal... Im going to play the other side for a moment here. Lets say some one in Ashburn did leak these damning comments. Do you really think a leak is going to come out and own up to being said named leak?? Thats equivalent to career suicide. Because not only will Snyder fire said named individual for cause, but no other team would then hire said named person or persons for fear of them doing the same thing. remember that the equipment guys on an average NFL team likely make upwards of $75K per year.

Bottom line is we have had and still have a culture of dysfunction in Ashburn. It transcends players and coaches and there really is only one constant. And until he changes his priorities for the better, the coaches, Gm or Players wont matter. I dont blame the media for reporting it so much as the guy with the final say for promoting a culture of Ringling Brothers meets WCW.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal... Im going to play the other side for a moment here. Lets say some one in Ashburn did leak these damning comments. Do you really think a leak is going to come out and own up to being said named leak?? Thats equivalent to career suicide. Because not only will Snyder fire said named individual for cause, but no other team would then hire said named person or persons for fear of them doing the same thing. remember that the equipment guys on an average NFL team likely make upwards of $75K per year.

Bottom line is we have had and still have a culture of dysfunction in Ashburn. It transcends players and coaches and there really is only one constant. And until he changes his priorities for the better, the coaches, Gm or Players wont matter. I dont blame the media for reporting it so much as the guy with the final say for promoting a culture of Ringling Brothers meets WCW.

I understand what you are saying, but it is all based on speculation. How do you know that perhaps the organization hasn't actually tried to correct this situation? Allen's comments seem to indicate as much. I truly believe that Snyder did change his ways in a major way over the last few years.

What exactly would you like to see happen (realistically)? As for the RG3 situation - I heard some talk about this yesterday that kind of made sense. If Snyder actually hinted about RG3 starting (doubt it) then it was likely not something like him saying "Jay - please start RG3" but rather something along the lines of a lunch conversation (or similar) where Snyder stated something like "Jay - do you thing that Robert might be ready to start this week?". Now - that is even inappropriate but not as damning as some are having us believe.

Unlike you - I completely blame the media for reporting things in this manner. ESPN had no sources & absolutely nothing to back up their story. Do you call that credible reporting? Also - if they left it at that it may not be so bad. However - for about the next hour they basically conducted a Redskins hatefest. Kind of like the name issue. They report it as if the world hates the name yet to date when I poll people in person I am lucky if I find 1 person in 500 who has an issue with the name (including several Native Americans).

Unbiased reporting is one thing. Contstantly targeting an organization is quite another. If the media truly cares about being respectable then they will stop using anonymous sources. If they do then they might as well preface those stories by saying "BTW - I might have totally made up this story - you figure it out".

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal... i liken Snyder to a man who has been repeatedly caught doing inappropriate things, or a child who has constantly been doing something that most people know they shouldnt do. In most cases people dont change who they are, they just learn to hide shit better. If reports like this came out about the Patriots, Packers or hell even the Giants, they would be dismissed before they even reached the twitter stage. As fans of the team, we really want to believe Snyder has changed. But the product on the field says that its the same old circus in Ashburn. I happen to think that Snyder is just as involved as ever, he just isnt as outspoken with it in public.

As for RG3, I would like to see him get the rest of the year with the understanding that if he cant develop into a complete QB or atleast show real signs of it, we will likely move in another direction. I agree we gave up to much to condemn him right now, but I also think we invested too much to need to make drastic changes and still have a limited player.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal... i liken Snyder to a man who has been repeatedly caught doing inappropriate things, or a child who has constantly been doing something that most people know they shouldnt do. In most cases people dont change who they are, they just learn to hide shit better. If reports like this came out about the Patriots, Packers or hell even the Giants, they would be dismissed before they even reached the twitter stage. As fans of the team, we really want to believe Snyder has changed. But the product on the field says that its the same old circus in Ashburn. I happen to think that Snyder is just as involved as ever, he just isnt as outspoken with it in public.

As for RG3, I would like to see him get the rest of the year with the understanding that if he cant develop into a complete QB or atleast show real signs of it, we will likely move in another direction. I agree we gave up to much to condemn him right now, but I also think we invested too much to need to make drastic changes and still have a limited player.

Really. Hmm - so the Pats are so innocent. Seems to me that a certain ex-player of theirs is now in jail on murder charges & they claim that they didn't have a clue that things might not be right with the guy. Change the team to Redskins & I can guarantee that the media's portrayal of this story would be different. Heck - some would probably claim that Snyder was backing him.

Again - all your points are based on speculation - we have no proof whatsoever. That is fine for you and me to discuss. However - the media should be accountable to higher standards - that is my main point.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really. Hmm - so the Pats are so innocent. Seems to me that a certain ex-player of theirs is now in jail on murder charges & they claim that they didn't have a clue that things might not be right with the guy. Change the team to Redskins & I can guarantee that the media's portrayal of this story would be different. Heck - some would probably claim that Snyder was backing him.

Again - all your points are based on speculation - we have no proof whatsoever. That is fine for you and me to discuss. However - the media should be accountable to higher standards - that is my main point.

Dude, Im not saying any team is innocent. Hell AP is out on child Abuse charges for farts sake. What i am saying is simply this, we as an organization dont get the benefit of the doubt simply because more often than not we are the train wreck that is reported. And your statement proves my point. No one had any idea BECAUSE the Patriots do run a tight ship. they keep in house matters in house for the most part. We on the other hand, have had players tweeting what they had for lunch, throwing coaches under the bus. Coaches openly fighting with player through the media, and a long standing culture of the owner making player and coaching decisions for years now.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys it's the media, they always tell the truth...
Anyone got ebola yet...
It should be everywhere in this country by now