• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions/Vikings game thread

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The guys on the radio this morning are saying Suh will probably be fined for going at the guy's knees. If so, it's a reputation thing only. He was trying to make a play (albiet ill-advised, given how far behind the play he was), but it wasn't dirty. A penalty, absolutely. A dirty play deserving a fine, no.
unfortunately intent doesnt come into the NFL's thinking even one bit. They fined Young for taunting. That has absolutely nothing at all to do with player safety. Remember the fines we got last year for chop blocks? They fine pretty much any unneccessary roughness or player safety penalty, and this one is going to get fined, that I am virtually certain.

The fine is meaningless given the amount he makes but the bigger issue is that its a strike against him already for the year and with his reputation he could reach suspension stage I fear pretty quickly.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJs dropped/not caught TDs never seem to bother anyone though. He only had two yesterday...

He deserves at least a bit of criticism for both. He needs to finish better. On the first one, just tuck the damn ball and fall into the end zone. He didn't need to reach the ball out like that. On the 2nd one, well that was a bit tougher but a great WR gets both feet down most of the time in that situation. CJ is the least of our worries though.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first one I feel was a hose job. That was a TD.

They need to clarify the definition of that rule. Last year Danario Alexander of the Chargers made exactly the same catch against the Broncos as Calvin did yesterday. He was falling as he caught it, extended and reached the ball out over the goal line. The ball came loose momentarily when he hit the ground. But it was deemed a TD because reaching the ball out over the goal line was considered a "football move". The NFL never came out afterwards and said it was a bad call. Same thing Calvin did yesterday and was ruled an incompletion.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not go overboard -- Fauria did a great job and should be a weapon in the red zone at 6'7" with teams giving CJ so much attention.

Not sure if i'm ready to name him a starter, after a 3 catch 27 yard performance. Speaking of UFA's though -- Joique Bell has been an absolute monster for the Lions!!

I was being a little bit tongue in check because the Lions got no production from Pettigrew or Scheffler...who didn't even make an appearance on the stat sheet.

I will say by week seven he has Scheffler's role locked down and Scheffler will need to worry when the roster crunch happens...if it does.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting tired of Delmas's act. Taunting are you kidding me.

Just stay on the damn field and contribute. You have not completed a full season and the first game back you put act like an Ass hat!

Next week will be tough as Arizona's offense looks to be the real deal. Their problem is defense Bradford made that comeback look to easy.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting tired of Delmas's act. Taunting are you kidding me.
Thats who Delmas is. He's a talker. And he's non stop, good and bad. I didn't see what happened as it was on the opposite side of the field. But I have to wonder how bad it really was. When AP scored his 2nd TD, he was chatting with him. They collided at the goal line so I'm sure he was jawing about ap getting the better hit.

If he did really taunt, then ok. But I feel it was more just in game chatter that usually goes on in any given play.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian Peterson = Talker. Man is in a class all by himself at RB. Like CJ at Wr. Plus he gets a blown out knee comes back stronger!

Louis Delmas< Talker. Man chirps but can't stay on the field. Has not been a difference maker.

If CJ, Suh, or Stafford wants to talk shit I will be OK. If Willie Young wants to talk shit after tackling Tom Brady....shut the fuck up Willie.

But thats just my 2 cents

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves at least a bit of criticism for both. He needs to finish better. On the first one, just tuck the damn ball and fall into the end zone. He didn't need to reach the ball out like that. On the 2nd one, well that was a bit tougher but a great WR gets both feet down most of the time in that situation. CJ is the least of our worries though.

He might be. But he took 14 points off the board. And I have to read shit about cutting Grew, benching Suh etc etc. So mentioning how the GOAT receiver didn't do so well only seems fair.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitter Sweet Weekend for Micro.

Lions win and Irish loose.

I think the Irish are still chasing Gardner as I write this!

IMO the Irish are better than they showed and if Kelly didn't go away from the run it is a field goal deciding game but the guy abandons his game plan to quickly.

Good Luck the rest of the way UofM needs those Irish wins for strength of schedule bump!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be. But he took 14 points off the board. And I have to read shit about cutting Grew, benching Suh etc etc. So mentioning how the GOAT receiver didn't do so well only seems fair.

I dont think its fair at all to blame CJ for the 2nd one.....that was a hard catch....i still think the call on the first one is BS...a RB can break the plain and fumble....but a receiver breaks it and has to follow all the way through...

Suh shouldnt be benched....he was playing til the whistle blew....new rule....dumb play....but dont punish him. Pettigrew? He sucks, but you dont cut him....people are falling in love with fauria already....the kid still has to beef up. TE's still have to block.

And i agree....delmas shouldnt had been saying shit...play in all the games and become a leader....then you earn that right to cost us 15.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels awesome to say that for one day, one game against the Vikings we actually had the better RB.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitter Sweet Weekend for Micro.

Lions win and Irish loose.

I think the Irish are still chasing Gardner as I write this!

IMO the Irish are better than they showed and if Kelly didn't go away from the run it is a field goal deciding game but the guy abandons his game plan to quickly.

Good Luck the rest of the way UofM needs those Irish wins for strength of schedule bump!
Not horribly so. I had zero belief that ND was going to beat scUM. I know our defense, and I know our secondary isn't as good as what people make it out to be, and our LBs, while big, can't cover or contain for shit. I saw Gardner having a big day and I was right.

I mean, i was still pissed, but I got over it the minute my head hit the pillow. Still turned out to be a decent game.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victor Cruz had a touchdown last night that looked like the same scenario as CJs but his was ruled a TD without a review at all. Did anyone else see it or am I just crazy?

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victor Cruz had a touchdown last night that looked like the same scenario as CJs but his was ruled a TD without a review at all. Did anyone else see it or am I just crazy?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uag-ClYRMs]Really NFL? - YouTube[/ame]

Because it's the Lions.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its fair at all to blame CJ for the 2nd one.....that was a hard catch....i still think the call on the first one is BS...a RB can break the plain and fumble....but a receiver breaks it and has to follow all the way through...

Suh shouldnt be benched....he was playing til the whistle blew....new rule....dumb play....but dont punish him. Pettigrew? He sucks, but you dont cut him....people are falling in love with fauria already....the kid still has to beef up. TE's still have to block.

And i agree....delmas shouldnt had been saying shit...play in all the games and become a leader....then you earn that right to cost us 15.

Rules are rules man. CJ dropped two TDs. Caught three passes, dropped two for scores. When the last time a Lion dropped two TD passes and got a pass from the fans? If I have to read about Suh, Grew and Delmas I'm obligated to bring up the man who cost his team the most yesterday. It's only fair.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rules are rules man. CJ dropped two TDs. Caught three passes, dropped two for scores. When the last time a Lion dropped two TD passes and got a pass from the fans? If I have to read about Suh, Grew and Delmas I'm obligated to bring up the man who cost his team the most yesterday. It's only fair.
So should Victor Cruz only be charged with 2 scores yesterday then? B/c his was even worse than CJ's. In my eyes, CJ had 4 catches, 57 yards and 1TD

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that the Cruz play looked close and when he lands the ground causes a fumble and therefore an incompletion by the Calvin rule. Yet not in this game -it is a TD and not reviewed at all. The NFL needs to be consistent game to game week to week. That is pathetic and one more example of the Lions getting screwed.

OK now I feel better. :bawling:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So should Victor Cruz only be charged with 2 scores yesterday then? B/c his was even worse than CJ's. In my eyes, CJ had 4 catches, 57 yards and 1TD

You better set up an eye appointment my friend. (Wink)

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a YouTube video by Sandman that shows the Calvin no TD and the Cruz TD back to back. It's worth a look. Shows how the rule is not called consistently. I know it's over but man do the Lions seem to get the short end of the stick A LOT.