• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions/Vikings game thread

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a YouTube video by Sandman that shows the Calvin no TD and the Cruz TD back to back. It's worth a look. Shows how the rule is not called consistently. I know it's over but man do the Lions seem to get the short end of the stick A LOT.

The Lions are the NFL's guinea pig. By the time the 1pm games were over, the NFL had time to get together and LOL at their Megatron mistake. Just long enough for the NFL to send out the memo to all referee crews not to make the same mistake on national TV during the Giants-Cowboys game.

"Dear refs. Hey thanks for trying really hard during the Lions game guys. Try not to take things so seriously tonight when it counts, ok? Thanks!" - NFL

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I've heard explained is that Calvin was still in the process of making the catch when he stretched over the goal line and the ball moved and touched the turf, whereas Cruz had made the catch, became a runner, and lost it after making a "football move." I say bullshit. By the letter of the (stupid) rule, neither should have been a touchdown.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions want respect they just have to go out and dominate other teams. It wouldn't hurt if they knocked off the stupid personal foul penalties.

And it's only fair that CJ has to not only beat the defender but the ref as well he is that damn good!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions want respect they just have to go out and dominate other teams. It wouldn't hurt if they knocked off the stupid personal foul penalties.

And it's only fair that CJ has to not only beat the defender but the ref as well he is that damn good!

Or at least wait until we are up 3 scores in the second half. Then I say let the NFL really know what a personal foul looks like compared to these ticky tack ones we are getting constantly.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree smitty, i dont see CJ out there picking up unnecessary personal fouls like delmas and suh. Yeah the first one sure looked like a TD and he second one was a difficult play to make. I dont think at all Cj is to blame for the lions inconsistencies and struggles.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should say hes not to blame as much as others on the team that just got unnecessary penalties or were named pettigrew.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty he dropped one TD and came down out of bounds on the other.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both were in his hands, but not completed passes. Stafford even took the time to throw them overhand so a DLineman wouldn't bat them down.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our new offensive line must be awesome. Eighteen pages...not one bitch about Dom.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not upset -- the defense has looked good, other than the big run. the offense has been moving the ball, but continue to shoot themselves in the foot with dropped passes and dumb penalties.

Those things are correctable. I still think Detroit is more talented than Minny. They just need to put an end to the dumb shit and they could easily win this game.

I see someone hijacked your account momentarily there Mike. Here's what you do. Get a router to use as a firewall. Create a honey pot on the side. That will contain the hacker and give you time to respond.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see someone hijacked your account momentarily there Mike. Here's what you do. Get a router to use as a firewall. Create a honey pot on the side. That will contain the hacker and give you time to respond.

Contrary to the thoughts of many on this site -- I'm a die hard Lions fan and have been my whole life. I have no problem handing out praise to the team, when it is deserved. I thought the defense played great, outside a couple big plays (AP's run and the bomb that got Slay benched) -- the offense moved the ball at will up and down the field. Outside of the dumb penalties and mental mistakes -- Detroit played really well. If they cut those out, they probably win the game by 3 scores.

After a 4-12 season though -- there are a lot of problems that needed to be corrected. So in the offseason, the majority of my post were directly related to the issues I hoped they would fix. Some people look at that as being negative. I look at it as -- there is no reason to talk up the positives on the team, as they don't need to be fixed. I apologize if that comes across negatively, but I've never been someone to sugar coat responses or hold back on my feelings on certain players just because they play on the team i'm rooting for.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contrary to the thoughts of many on this site -- I'm a die hard Lions fan and have been my whole life. I have no problem handing out praise to the team, when it is deserved. I thought the defense played great, outside a couple big plays (AP's run and the bomb that got Slay benched) -- the offense moved the ball at will up and down the field. Outside of the dumb penalties and mental mistakes -- Detroit played really well. If they cut those out, they probably win the game by 3 scores.

After a 4-12 season though -- there are a lot of problems that needed to be corrected. So in the offseason, the majority of my post were directly related to the issues I hoped they would fix. Some people look at that as being negative. I look at it as -- there is no reason to talk up the positives on the team, as they don't need to be fixed. I apologize if that comes across negatively, but I've never been someone to sugar coat responses or hold back on my feelings on certain players just because they play on the team i'm rooting for.

Sorry Mike. When you came to the Lions defense, I couldn't help myself. :suds:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Mike. When you came to the Lions defense, I couldn't help myself.

No problem -- I think you will see, I have no issue at all praising the Lions when it is deserved. I thought the Lions, when you look past the dumb mental mistakes, looked like a quality team. Their run defense looked much improved, they moved the ball at will on offense.

I know I put the Lions as 8-8 on the year, but if they stay healthy -- I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish with a winning record.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be careful mike, sometimes if you have any sort of criticism or questionioning of what the lions do you are labelled a negative nancy. The lions being 4-12 last season you would think there might be more than a few weak links within the organization, damn stereotyping going on way too much up in hea, wheres the good reverend when ya need him?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People always talk about optimists and pessimists. I don't think that is what it is at all. I think it boils down to what a person is motivated by.

The people who talk about the strengths know the Lions have weaknesses. The people who talk about the weaknesses know the Lions have strengths.

The people who talk about the strengths are motivated by hope. The people who talk about the weaknesses are motivated by fear.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does that leave the people that talk about both?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's the glass half empty crowd and their counterparts the glass half full crowd. Then there's people that say, Fuck It! And just drink straight out the bottle.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's the glass half empty crowd and their counterparts the glass half full crowd. Then there's people that say, Fuck It! And just drink straight out the bottle.

For a long time I refused to join the Fuck It! crowd. Then I realized with all that alcohol, I didn't have to worry about germs.