• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Levy Speaks: "Suh Didn't Make Our Defense"

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got 14 games to do it in. At this pace anything is possible. That week 15 opponent has not giving up any so far. So prolly say only 14 chances.
I'm not all that familiar with the Chargers schedule.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not acting like anything. SD ran the ball 30 times against us for 95 yards, or a 3.2 YPC average. That's good fucking run defense.

So what about the 400+ passing yards? Please paint a rainbow on that one. I need the entertainment.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's awesome, dude. Great pic. :clap:

How old is he now? He looks pretty big.

This pic is about a year old -- he turned 2 in May. Haven't taken any with his new Lions jersey and I may not, as it is a Stafford jersey. He is very tall for his age, which isn't too surprising as my dad is 6'4" and my wife's dad is 6'5"

Overall -- he is just a great kid. A lot of work, but I expected that and enjoy every minute of it.

Once I get an updated pic -- I will change my avatar to it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could not of been that busy chasing him around on Sunday. Hell Mike, he only had four targets.

Very true. Unfortunately, Mickey Mouse and the Minions seem to take precedence over the Lions. He napped at most of the early game and watched the first half of the Lions. After that -- he was done and wanted nothing to do with it.

I have nothing to complain about though. If missing 1 quarter of the Lions game makes him happy, I'm happy too. I just learned, if I'm going to try and watch the game with him -- I need to also record it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what about the 400+ passing yards? Please paint a rainbow on that one. I need the entertainment.

There is no rainbow to paint on that. Rivers shredded the Lions defense. I'm not sure how the rest of the defense fared, but I read Tulloch had 10 balls thrown to players he was covering -- Rivers went 10 for 10. With only 7 incompletions in the game -- I'm guessing the numbers aren't too pretty elsewhere either.

The only player in the pass defense who looked good was Slay. I even commented in the game thread how Mathis was getting torched.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player in the pass defense who looked good was Slay. I even commented in the game thread how Mathis was getting torched.

Keenan Allen isn't even a top ten wideout. Mathis made him look like he was Julio Jones. I think it would be wise for Austin to make Slay shadow #1 receivers. He might get burned but we can't leave Mathis on any #1 wideouts anymore.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I even commented in the game thread how Mathis was getting torched.

One more thing on Mathis. He looked HORRIBLE in the pre season as well. Watch the Jags game. It's going to be a long year unless someone else steps up.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenan Allen isn't even a top ten wideout. Mathis made him look like he was Julio Jones. I think it would be wise for Austin to make Slay shadow #1 receivers. He might get burned but we can't leave Mathis on any #1 wideouts anymore.

It wasn't even just Allen -- it was Stevie Johnson too, who was killing Mathis too. Mathis played great for us last year, but if the drop in production continues -- Detroit is going to need to do something.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing on Mathis. He looked HORRIBLE in the pre season as well. Watch the Jags game. It's going to be a long year unless someone else steps up.

I will just take your word on it. I have a hard time watching any preseason football. :)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pic is about a year old -- he turned 2 in May. Haven't taken any with his new Lions jersey and I may not, as it is a Stafford jersey. He is very tall for his age, which isn't too surprising as my dad is 6'4" and my wife's dad is 6'5"

Overall -- he is just a great kid. A lot of work, but I expected that and enjoy every minute of it.

Once I get an updated pic -- I will change my avatar to it.

This is why I loath the internet. You treat people like shit then feel awful when you realize they're just like you. You inspired me to use my little guy as my avatar too. :-)

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ anyone pretending Suh isn't an absolute force.

Losing Suh leaves a void.....I mean, there is no reason to pretend it doesn't.

With that said, there is also no reason to dwell on the loss. Players gotta move on and forget about it if they want to succeed. Wasting time talking about it only means they aren't focusing on being the best they can be.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. Unfortunately, Mickey Mouse and the Minions seem to take precedence over the Lions. He napped at most of the early game and watched the first half of the Lions. After that -- he was done and wanted nothing to do with it.

I have nothing to complain about though. If missing 1 quarter of the Lions game makes him happy, I'm happy too. I just learned, if I'm going to try and watch the game with him -- I need to also record it.

My kid is super into Mighty Machines right now. It's basically videos of construction sites and voice overs acting like trucks talk. Every night he grabs my hand, walks me upstairs, hands me my Xbox remote and says "FOOTBALL!", indicating that he wants me to play madden so he can get me off the Hoop and watch Mighty Machines on my laptop or iPad. It's our regular thing now before bedtime. :-)

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you have to read the rest of Levy's quote though.....which I just did.

He does acknowledge that Suh was great, just basically said what I just said......that they can't dwell on the loss.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you have to read the rest of Levy's quote though.....which I just did.

He does acknowledge that Suh was great, just basically said what I just said......that they can't dwell on the loss.

Around here we prefer to read headlines then just troll the shit out of each other.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Suh woulda stayed.

With Ameer there now, it's hard for me not to root hard for Detroit. If both of them were there that would have been awesome.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Ameer there now, it's hard for me not to root hard for Detroit. If both of them were there that would have been awesome.

For some of us, they're happy Detroit didn't pay him what Miami did, instead feeling like the money saved will be spent better elsewhere.

For the rest of us, it's not just losing Suh, it's getting nothing for him, not using the tag because Mayhew was sure Suh would re-sign here, and having no apparent back up plan to losing him.

We passed on Aaron Donald for another TE after deciding not to keep Fairely, and with a chance for Suh to leave. There's just no long term game planning here and it sucks to see a superstar leave when he see so few of them ever come through here.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I loath the internet. You treat people like shit then feel awful when you realize they're just like you. You inspired me to use my little guy as my avatar too.

Football is just a game. A game many of us are passionate about, but in the end, it is still just a game. Most on these message boards post and comment as fans, some agree, some disagree, but we all have lives outside of here and I'd be willing to wager many have similar personalities which is why arguments are plentiful.

Anyways -- On a more serious note -- your little guy is adorable.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kid is super into Mighty Machines right now. It's basically videos of construction sites and voice overs acting like trucks talk. Every night he grabs my hand, walks me upstairs, hands me my Xbox remote and says "FOOTBALL!", indicating that he wants me to play madden so he can get me off the Hoop and watch Mighty Machines on my laptop or iPad. It's our regular thing now before bedtime.

I haven't heard of Mighty Machines -- I may have to look into that. I most definitely know about the little guy wanting to use the iPhone or iPad. If you want to put your guy in a trance -- go to youtube and look up anything he is interested in -- whether it be mighty machine, lego, minions, etc. and they have videos of people playing with those toys. My boy can sit for hours watching those videos. We had to limit him to 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night with the iPad. If you ever need a break though -- youtube videos for kids works wonders.

My boy hasn't really got into football as much yet, but he is all about the tigers though and loves his baseball bats. I'm hoping with all the football games we take him to and watch on TV -- he will start to come around.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is just a game. A game many of us are passionate about, but in the end, it is still just a game. Most on these message boards post and comment as fans, some agree, some disagree, but we all have lives outside of here and I'd be willing to wager many have similar personalities which is why arguments are plentiful.

Anyways -- On a more serious note -- your little guy is adorable.

In person, TP is cool as hell. Truth.

And thanks. The twins turn 2 end of next month. Love being a dad.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah -- everyone wishes he would have stayed. About the only disagreements is on how much he should have been paid. Definitely can't argue with Suh going to the highest bidder -- You need to make as much as you can while you can in the NFL.

I will say -- I didn't like the Abdullah pick and wanted Tevin Coleman instead. After hearing Abdullah talk, reading about his life and watching him play. He is one of my favorite Lions. He almost seems too good to be true. He always seems to say the right thing.