• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Levy Speaks: "Suh Didn't Make Our Defense"

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Suh is a bigger fish than Levy" - Martin Mayhew

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My respect for James Jones just shot upward.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, one player doesn't make a defense. If that was the case -- Detroit wouldn't have been mediocre the 1st 4 years Suh was on the team.

Can't wait for the season to start so we don't have to read about this anymore.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, one player doesn't make a defense. If that was the case -- Detroit wouldn't have been mediocre the 1st 4 years Suh was on the team.

Can't wait for the season to start so we don't have to read about this anymore.
Will you just fucking stop it already?

I don't know what's gotten into you, but I keep reading your posts and thinking to myself "Exactly!" It's fucking with my head... and my mind... and... and my brain, too...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you just fucking stop it already?

I don't know what's gotten into you, but I keep reading your posts and thinking to myself "Exactly!" It's fucking with my head... and my mind... and... and my brain, too...

I don't know why, you guys basically share the same brain.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should all be all Suhed out. Everything I read, everything I see on TV (what little the national talking heads cover the Lions), someone is saying they won't be any good because Suh left. Even every article I've seen on Levy's extension starts with the mistakes they made with Suh last year. It's just absurd at this point. I think I hear more about Suh leaving Detroit that playing for Miami.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should all be all Suhed out. Everything I read, everything I see on TV (what little the national talking heads cover the Lions), someone is saying they won't be any good because Suh left. Even every article I've seen on Levy's extension starts with the mistakes they made with Suh last year. It's just absurd at this point. I think I hear more about Suh leaving Detroit that playing for Miami.
Exactly. It sucks bad enough that we lost him, but the national media that focuses much more on individual stars as opposed to whole teams seems to have missed how good the rest of our defense was around Suh. Imo, Suh was the best player on a really good defense, not the only really good player on an average defense.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy and Quin are legitimate All Pro caliber players at their respective positions.

Ansah, Mathis, Slay, and Tulloch are all well above average starters.

Whitehead, Ihedigbo, and Jason Jones each had very solid years in supporting roles last season.

We obviously lost our best player, but we still have significant talent at every level of the defense and one of the better back sevens in the league.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy and Quin are legitimate All Pro caliber players at their respective positions.

Ansah, Mathis, Slay, and Tulloch are all well above average starters.

Whitehead, Ihedigbo, and Jason Jones each had very solid years in supporting roles last season.

We obviously lost our best player, but we still have significant talent at every level of the defense and one of the better back sevens in the league.

Those players were all that with the best DLine in football playing in front of them. What they are now, nobody knows for sure.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why, you guys basically share the same brain.

Who is the "you guys" that you speak of? It can't possibly be TP and myself. If I said the sky was blue, he'd argue it wasn't. So you may want to go back to the drawing board on that response. :)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those players were all that with the best DLine in football playing in front of them. What they are now, nobody knows for sure.

Thankfully Detroit retained the most important part of the success of last year's defense for at least one more year -- Teryl Austin.

I know everyone wants to give the credit to Suh, but it wasn't until Austin showed up that Detroit's defense changed from a liability to an asset. Even with all the injuries and backups playing major roles -- the defense didn't skip a beat.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully Detroit retained the most important part of the success of last year's defense for at least one more year -- Teryl Austin.

I know everyone wants to give the credit to Suh, but it wasn't until Austin showed up that Detroit's defense changed from a liability to an asset. Even with all the injuries and backups playing major roles -- the defense didn't skip a beat.

Austin deserves a ton of credit, but to be honest, I'm not sure simply getting away from the wide 9 did wonders itself.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin deserves a ton of credit, but to be honest, I'm not sure simply getting away from the wide 9 did wonders itself.

No doubt both helped. Not sure just getting away from it with any DC would have produced a top ranked defense.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deandre-levy-nfl-miami-dolphins-detroit-lions-415x250.jpg

MUST BE A DUMBASS BECAUSE
ndamukong-suh.jpg

EQUALS
jesusfootball.jpg

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deandre-levy-nfl-miami-dolphins-detroit-lions-415x250.jpg

MUST BE A DUMBASS BECAUSE
ndamukong-suh.jpg

EQUALS
jesusfootball.jpg
he has risen, he will rise again? or is that just the Burger King guy? If you want to crown his ass then crown his ass.