• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Legit interest in Guice

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The giants, colts 2x, bucs, broncos, raiders, and dolphins all draft before the Skins in round 2.... I do not like the odds of Michael, Jones, or Chubb being available by the time the Skins pick in round

I like Penny too, as does every other so called draft expert on twitter and message boards like this who are wringing their hands believing they have come up with a completely original idea to draft Penny round 4

Yea maybe. But those teams have a lot of needs. Fact is, its a deep RB class. 13 is in NO WAY the last chance we will have to grab a good RB prospect.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he falls to 13 you probably cant get a kings ransom at that point. But you could get a franchise QB by just taking him. IMO that screams the Rodgers situation all over again (obviously Rosen isnt going to be Rodgers).

Alex Smith is a short term patch to try and keep the ship from sinking. Rosen is a possible cruise ship to a Super Bowl. I would be ecstatic if we took him at 13. Wont happen though.

Rosen is my top QB followed by Mayfield. If a QB drops to the skins they would and at this point should try everything in their power to trade back...

they are financially committed to alex smith and the mediocrity that comes with him

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen is my top QB followed by Mayfield. If a QB drops to the skins they would and at this point should try everything in their power to trade back...

they are financially committed to alex smith and the mediocrity that comes with him

"We already made one terrible decision and we're committed to it" is a very bad reason to make ANOTHER bad decision.

Their commitment to Smith should be meaningless if Rosen is there. Figure out Smith later.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We already made one terrible decision and we're committed to it" is a very bad reason to make ANOTHER bad decision.

Their commitment to Smith should be meaningless if Rosen is there. Figure out Smith later.

Skins would not take the PR hit.

PR (which they are ironically horrible at) is more important to the skins then winning a SB

see the alex smith trade

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins would not take the PR hit.

PR (which they are ironically horrible at) is more important to the skins then winning a SB

see the alex smith trade

Sure they wouldnt do it. Im just saying that they SHOULD.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they wouldnt do it. Im just saying that they SHOULD.

If they did it, Bruce would spin it as

Rosen was the best player on our board period. When he fell to us, we couldnt pass him up. What team could pass up having depth and an heir apparent at the most important position in sports. This is Alex Smiths team and Josh Rosen will get to learn the CORRECT way to be an NFL QB from one of the consummate professionals, who is a true craftsman at playing QB.

I will not be taking questions.. @coach_spurrier_1 please drop this mic for me.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they did it, Bruce would spin it as

Rosen was the best player on our board period. When he fell to us, we couldnt pass him up. What team could pass up having depth and an heir apparent at the most important position in sports. This is Alex Smiths team and Josh Rosen will get to learn the CORRECT way to be an NFL QB from one of the consummate professionals, who is a true craftsman at playing QB.

I will not be taking questions.. @coach_spurrier_1 please drop this mic for me.

Honestly it wouldnt be hard to spin. Bruce would probably be getting praised left and right for that pick so maybe he would do it lol.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it wouldnt be hard to spin. Bruce would probably be getting praised left and right for that pick so maybe he would do it lol.

Bruce could sell condoms at a nunnery and some folks would applaud him for being such a shrewd negotiator.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...if he takes Rosen at 13 Ill throw him some praise...

If it were any team but the Redskins, it would be a stroke of genius. With the Redskins, it would just be priming up for another massive soul draining fan feud over WHO should be the starting QB. Could you imagine the airwaves in DC if we say opened with Dallas, and lost on a Smith INT with Rosen sitting on the bench?? Transmission towers would spontaneously combust.

fire-destroys-steele-communications-tower.JPG

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were any team but the Redskins, it would be a stroke of genius. With the Redskins, it would just be priming up for another massive soul draining fan feud over WHO should be the starting QB. Could you imagine the airwaves in DC if we say opened with Dallas, and lost on a Smith INT with Rosen sitting on the bench?? Transmission towers would spontaneously combust.

fire-destroys-steele-communications-tower.JPG

True, but who cares?

Ill deal with bickering over QB if it means we have a potential franchise QB on the roster (and one that didnt even cost that much). I mean lets be honest...we're all gonna argue about QB anyways, might as well get somebody who might some day shut up all the arguing.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets continue to trot out Rob Kelley who doesnt even belong in the NFL let alone a position as a starting RB

or Perine who, if the skins had any alternatives would have found his ass on the bench ala matt jones for consistently putting the ball on the ground.

Melvin Gordon went 15. I believe Guice will be better in fact I think I like Guice more then any of the Georgia running backs as well...

Samaje Perine

OMG - here we go again. Just like with the inaccurate claims several years ago w/ Morris your fumble claims are way off. Perine fumbled a grand total of 2 times last season. One early in the year vs Raiders (had no impact on game) & in a meaningless late season game vs Broncos. How does that translate into "consistently putting the ball on the ground"?

He also had some solid games, is an upstanding person & hard worker who has real potential. Is he a full time back & answer to their running problems. Probably not, but he can serve a valuable role. Cmon try to be a little more objective or at least accurate.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. But trading into the 3rd isnt that hard or costly. And we have a high 2nd where Id expect at least one of Chubb and Michel to be available (plus Freeman, Penny, and Jones if youre high on any of them).

im hoping for an OG in the 2nd round

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samaje Perine

OMG - here we go again. Just like with the inaccurate claims several years ago w/ Morris your fumble claims are way off. Perine fumbled a grand total of 2 times last season. One early in the year vs Raiders (had no impact on game) & in a meaningless late season game vs Broncos. How does that translate into "consistently putting the ball on the ground"?

He also had some solid games, is an upstanding person & hard worker who has real potential. Is he a full time back & answer to their running problems. Probably not, but he can serve a valuable role. Cmon try to be a little more objective or at least accurate.

LOL at you.

2 fumbles LOST

I watched every single game. He was saved by a few early whistles, bounces, recovering his own fumble, and straight up bad calls....

if you dont think Perine had security issues last season you clearly werent watching. There was a point where I had to hold my breath every time he touched the ball

He also had well documented ball security issues throughout training camp and preseason

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smith is going to be the starter for at least 3 years. If We do take Rosen its a 5 year deal anyways

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samaje Perine

If we do get Guice are RB situation is set for the next 3 seasons.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id probably try to pull a Chiefs and sit him for a year and then trade Smith.

but if Smith wins you cant make that move. Rosen wont be there its useless to talk about it.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do get Guice are RB situation is set for the next 3 seasons.

until his rookie contract expires and we let him walk without any compensation in free agency?

yeah I agree...