• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Legit interest in Guice

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon now. You are getting crazy. QB? It would be funny if Rosen was still there at #13. I don't see Ridley going before #13. He will be there. Im still researching Guice

If Rosen is somehow there we better SPRINT to the podium with that pick

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even read or do you just get a woody being able to say Shark is crazy??

The first thing is said is QB SHOULD be off the table. But again with Bruce you can NEVER rule out anything as totally out of the question. You and I both know this to be true.

2018 NFL Mock Draft No. 3 - Rotoworld.com

josh Norris mock. We pass on Fitz.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another question is, is this Rb class as deep as last year or like people have been saying?

That would depend on what you need in a RB.

There are only 2-3 day one starters that you could also list as three down backs

Barkley, Guice and maybe one other I just havent looked into.

If you need a change of pace, or developmental guy to go behind your established back.... well there are a few Perine types in this draft.

And to be honest I think if given time coaching and more carries, Perine COULD become a legit three down back.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is a three down back who can catch do you still believe that?

Yea I think so. Don't get me wrong, I like Guice. But I liked Cook and Mixon last year too and I dont think I would have taken either in the 1st. Maybe in this draft, if theres nobody we really like I could see Guice in the late first after a trade down, but I think ideally there are better options. And cheaper RBs to be had.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would depend on what you need in a RB.

There are only 2-3 day one starters that you could also list as three down backs

Barkley, Guice and maybe one other I just havent looked into.

If you need a change of pace, or developmental guy to go behind your established back.... well there are a few Perine types in this draft.

And to be honest I think if given time coaching and more carries, Perine COULD become a legit three down back.

Barkley, Chubb, Guice, Michel, Freeman, Jones, Penny, Johnson. Thats 8 or so possible 3 down backs. Its definitely another deep RB class.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley, Chubb, Guice, Michel, Freeman, Jones, Penny, Johnson. Thats 8 or so possible 3 down backs. Its definitely another deep RB class.

I will take your word on it, aside from BArkley, Guice and Chubb I havent done a whole lot of looking at RBs because I figured we would do the usual and say, we got to upgrade at this position. Only to wait until the 5th round to draft a guy at said position. :D

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who pissed in your cornflakes?

13 is a reach for a non generational RB prospect. Not sure why me pointing that out bothers you. :noidea:

Lets continue to trot out Rob Kelley who doesnt even belong in the NFL let alone a position as a starting RB

or Perine who, if the skins had any alternatives would have found his ass on the bench ala matt jones for consistently putting the ball on the ground.

Melvin Gordon went 15. I believe Guice will be better in fact I think I like Guice more then any of the Georgia running backs as well...

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. That might have been me.

2. While 13 is a slight reach for Guice. as I mentioned it would not be a horrible reach when you look at the other alternatives. Trade up for BArkley, roll with Fat Rob and Perine and draft another developmental back.

You missed one big alternative (and the best option)...draft Michel or Chubb in round 2 or Penny, Jones, or Freeman in round 3 or 4.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed one big alternative (and the best option)...draft Michel or Chubb in round 2 or Penny, Jones, or Freeman in round 3 or 4.

AS of right now we don't have a 3rd. I don't see those guys slipping into the 4th round. Maybe Bruce is working a trade down.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rosen is somehow there we better SPRINT to the podium with that pick

or..... wait to the last second to collect a kings ransom for a team trying to moving up?

the skins are invested in Alex Smith for better or more probable worse

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Project at work, Im about two weeks behind on my normal draft research. And still trying to figure out "The Plan" a horror novel by Bruce Allen. :suds:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take your word on it, aside from BArkley, Guice and Chubb I havent done a whole lot of looking at RBs because I figured we would do the usual and say, we got to upgrade at this position. Only to wait until the 5th round to draft a guy at said position. :D

I do a fair amount of RB research every year thanks to fantasy football. This should be another really good class. A guy like Freeman is a highly productive college RB who can be a 3 down back and produce immediately and might be only the 6th or 7th RB off the board.

Freeman Profile:

5' 11"
234 pounds
4.54 40
6.90 3 cone
6400+ yards from scrimmage in 4 years
64 Total TDs
Projected 3rd or 4th round

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets continue to trot out Rob Kelley who doesnt even belong in the NFL let alone a position as a starting RB

or Perine who, if the skins had any alternatives would have found his ass on the bench ala matt jones for consistently putting the ball on the ground.

Melvin Gordon went 15. I believe Guice will be better in fact I think I like Guice more then any of the Georgia running backs as well...

Who said anything about trotting out Rob Kelley or Perine? Wasnt me, I know that.

And Melvin Gordon shouldnt have gone 15. Is that really your argument for Guice at 13?

Most people do have Guice as the #2 RB in the class. Personally hes my #3 behind Chubb although Guice might fit better here. That said, I have no problem with Guice at all. But Guice isnt a smart pick at 13.

13 is around where Id take Barkley and Guice is a step down from that level prospect.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AS of right now we don't have a 3rd. I don't see those guys slipping into the 4th round. Maybe Bruce is working a trade down.

Good point. But trading into the 3rd isnt that hard or costly. And we have a high 2nd where Id expect at least one of Chubb and Michel to be available (plus Freeman, Penny, and Jones if youre high on any of them).

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The giants, colts 2x, bucs, broncos, raiders, and dolphins all draft before the Skins in round 2.... I do not like the odds of Michael, Jones, or Chubb being available by the time the Skins pick in round

I like Penny too, as does every other so called draft expert on twitter and message boards like this who are wringing their hands believing they have come up with a completely original idea to draft Penny round 4

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about trotting out Rob Kelley or Perine? Wasnt me, I know that.

And Melvin Gordon shouldnt have gone 15. Is that really your argument for Guice at 13?

Most people do have Guice as the #2 RB in the class. Personally hes my #3 behind Chubb although Guice might fit better here. That said, I have no problem with Guice at all. But Guice isnt a smart pick at 13.

13 is around where Id take Barkley and Guice is a step down from that level prospect.

lol

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or..... wait to the last second to collect a kings ransom for a team trying to moving up?

the skins are invested in Alex Smith for better or more probable worse

If he falls to 13 you probably cant get a kings ransom at that point. But you could get a franchise QB by just taking him. IMO that screams the Rodgers situation all over again (obviously Rosen isnt going to be Rodgers).

Alex Smith is a short term patch to try and keep the ship from sinking. Rosen is a possible cruise ship to a Super Bowl. I would be ecstatic if we took him at 13. Wont happen though.