• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron James Wasting No Time In keeping Up His Rep As A Coach Killer

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the big deal about calling a player by their first name only especially when it is not a common name?

You know how many times I heard commentators/media members just say "Giannis" and I don't get offended lol

Seriously. Lebron gets called Lebron, Magic was called Magic, Kareem was called Kareem, Shaq was called Shaq, Dr. J was Dr. J or The Doctor, that's just to name a few and that's only from the NBA.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Racist? - You must be high on crack:lol:
If you don't know someone and you refer to him by his first name that is disrespectful and shows you consider him a boy and not a man.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just funny that you get so butt hurt over simple reporting.

TLF gonna TLF.

I mean- you guys couldve prob. got close to the 9 seed without LeBron.

Seriously?!? They are the 9th seed because they don't have Lebron. They were the 4 seed when he was healthy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Its racist.

giphy.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Its racist.

So let me get this straight.

It is racist to call somebody by their first name only. But it isn't racist to call somebody "*****".

Got it.

Others mentioned Dirk. Here are a few more from basketball and other sports:

Basketball:
Jimmer

Cycling:
Lance

Golf:
Arnie
Jack

Baseball:
Babe

You have some really dumb takes on here. This idea about being disrespectful to call an athlete by their first name only is absurd. In fact, it is actually the ultimate sign of respect. Because they are so well known their last names aren't needed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight.

It is racist to call somebody by their first name only. But it isn't racist to call somebody "*****".

Got it.

Others mentioned Dirk. Here are a few more from basketball and other sports:

Basketball:
Jimmer

Cycling:
Lance

Golf:
Arnie
Jack

Baseball:
Babe

You have some really dumb takes on here. This idea about being disrespectful to call an athlete by their first name only is absurd. In fact, it is actually the ultimate sign of respect. Because they are so well known their last names aren't needed.
The fact that blacks believe it is a sign of respect toward them is what really makes it odd.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that blacks believe it is a sign of respect toward them is what really makes it odd.

Has nothing to do with skin color. I just listed 5 premier white athletes. There are plenty more in entertainment too. You have this so twisted it isn't funny.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nothing to do with skin color. I just listed 5 premier white athletes. There are plenty more in entertainment too. You have this so twisted it isn't funny.
No you didn't. "Babe" was a nickname, Jimmer is a nobody with a goofy name and every pro golfer refers to Arnold Palmer as "Mr. Palmer".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you didn't. "Babe" was a nickname, Jimmer is a nobody with a goofy name and every pro golfer refers to Arnold Palmer as "Mr. Palmer".

And many media members and fans refer to him as Arnie. Or at least did when he was playing.

In other words, wrong.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And many media members and fans refer to him as Arnie. Or at least did when he was playing.

In other words, wrong.
Sounds like you don't know much about the game of professional golf. All the golf media refers to him as Mr. Palmer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you don't know much about the game of professional golf. All the golf media refers to him as Mr. Palmer.

I am sure more than you.

When he was playing competitively most called him Arnie, not "Mr. Palmer".

My grandfather was a huge golf fan and Arnie was his favorite player. I watched with him as a kid when I visited his house. my grandfather never called him anything but Arnie. And most commentators did the same.

In fact, his fan club was called "Arnie's army".

Why don't you do some actual research before you make stuff up.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure more than you.

My grandfather was a huge golf fan and Arnie was his favorite player. I watched with him as a kid when I visited his house. my grandfather never called him anything but Arnie. And most commentators did the same.

I'm right and you are wrong. The old days were different. In today's market where the show-boating, me first, black athlete believes he has reached the pinnacle of success when he is referred to by his first name, the golf world, based on ettiquette and class, calls Arnold Palmer "Mr. Palmer". Just a difference in cultures.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure more than you.

This from ESPN headlines today "Doncic supplants Lebron with 35, triple double".

Last name for one player, first for the other. Case closed.