• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LADN Kings Have to Beat Contenders Arty Stinks

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy New Year ya mooks, hope everyone had a good one and stayed safe. Pucky Jr II turned 11 yesterday so it was pretty mellow, went to Knotts for a bit, dinner at BJs and then just chilled watching the clock turn to 2024. Last year went by so quickly it was nuts.

Decent read on the Kings and how they aren't being able to beat the big boys, I alluded to that in the Vegas game thread and obviously the SOL to Edmonton. Two direct divisional foes and LA will have to go through one of them right off the bat most likely. I didn't really notice they've been playing. 500 hockey recently.

Some harsh words from McLellan on Arty Retardy, I think he needs to ride some pine. He has not developed or produced as much as was expected, maybe watching from the suite will be good for him. JAD would probably be inserted in the line up but I wouldn't be surprised to see someone called up from Ontario, my guess would be Fagemo or Turcotte.

Also some encouraging words on PLD, I did notice he is playing better recently. I still think his breakout is about to happen at the midway mark of the season.

Leafs in town tomorrow, hope Moore and Grundstrom light their old team up. Thanks Muzzin, one of the best things you ever did in LA was leave. But in typical Muzzin fashion he also left us Bjornfot.

=)~~

Last edited:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soon as Gavrikov went down so did the Kings it seemed. Be nice to have Arvidsson to give PLD a real chance to play. I think his big contribution will come in PO more than anything where the Kings really need his size. Still dont expect more than 60 points from the dude, but he did get paid so find away to get around those 60points and still be good at both ends. Im not worried about anything LA gave up, everyone freaking out over Legend having some good games is fans not paying attention to his career at all. Hes always had skill and hype, just no health....ever. the only real loss was iafallo but he is 2m too much imo. If la had iafallo right now instead of retardy, problems almost solved imo haha

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, Gavrikov going down kind of started this blase stretch of hockey from the Kings. I remember reading how "ovverated" he was in CBJ according to many, nope the dude is as good as advertised. One of the more shrewd moves Bowlby made but then again his target was Chychrun until AZ wasn't going to budge on the price and the Gavrikov trade was made.

Arvidsson going down really restricts that line, Kaliyev nor Laferriere are of his skill set or caliber so that limits production. Ideally he returns after the TDL for cap implications and in the meantime the Kings keep hitting that .650-.700 clip. I see both sides of the argument, PLD having subpar wingers but him also making what he is making and should be elevating his line. If he comes close to 60 points I'll consider it a wash, some guys take a year or so to settle into their new teams/roles but some people also don't.

Good for The Legend, he's playing well but again with pieces of info coming out he wasn't going to be here under a long term big dollar deal. His health would just not permit that but I saw some attitude issues as well. Kupari just needed to go, too inconsistent and not enough offense. Iafallo had to be moved to make the money work.

You're probably right too about Iafallo being on PLDs wing instead of 34, I wonder if Kaliyev was even discussed in the deal or the Kings grossly misjudged his potential and kept him. Iafallo at $2 million would have been great for PLD.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With PLD he seemed like a great complimentary player, not the big high skill guy by himself....but having a good playmaker with him is key IMO.....unfortunately hes being paid to be "the guy", so complaints on production is warranted.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye bye bjornfot

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost certain someone will take a chance on him, and they should. He will probably turn into a serviceable B3 defender, just not in LA. Just could never put it together here.

Clarke recalled, no doubt to get this pathetic PP going.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious to see if someone puts a claim in on Bjornfot, but then I looked his contract up and he's in the first year of a 2 year/$1.55 million deal ($775,000 AAV and also cash) but its a one way - he will get paid his $775,000 whether he plays in the NHL or AHL. That may be a deterrent in itself, much like the second year Blake tacked on with Englund, a poison pill for a cap strapped environment for most teams.

Telltale sign they don't have faith in him however is when Gavrikov was injured for 5 games Moverare played even though Bjornfot was on the active roster. Moverare had 10 games/30 days to be sent down and not clear Waivers again, and he's at 29 days currently. Since they clearly value him over Bjornfot this signals they're keeping him up as the 7D and why Bjornfot was waived.

They have just lost all confidence in him it appears and are trying to get him a fresh start which he badly needs.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas claimed him.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edm gonna sign Perry, apparently the moms trip is done already so McJesus mom safe. I think its BS Chi can drop a contract gain that cap and Perry can just sign anywhere that season. Should be treated like any injury.

I wouldnt want Perry in LA, but i also dont want him on a team Kings gotta play.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edm gonna sign Perry, apparently the moms trip is done already so McJesus mom safe. I think its BS Chi can drop a contract gain that cap and Perry can just sign anywhere that season. Should be treated like any injury.

I wouldnt want Perry in LA, but i also dont want him on a team Kings gotta play.

Done deal, an Oiler. Even at age 38 you know he will be Corey Perry.