• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LA Kings Vs St. Louis Blues Jan 16, 2014

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewart a little chicken shit there, lol.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should solidify Quicky starting the Olympics.... :clap:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muffin should miss a few games for doing that

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muffin should miss a few games for doing that

Yeah that wasn't his brightest move. Had not Tarasenko retaliated it could have ended up a lot different. The hit will definitely be reviewed by Shanahan and his crew. So maybe everyone will get their wish and he'll sit for a couple games. Other than that and the blocked shot leading to the breakaway and resulting penalty shot he had a real good game. Not perfect game to be sure however.

Ox

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Greene out for the trip id rather not have Muzzin miss games. Nick Shultz isnt exactly going to be much better.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Greene out for the trip id rather not have Muzzin miss games. Nick Shultz isnt exactly going to be much better.

Oh yeah. I had forgot he didn't make the trip. Anybody know what the problem is? Maybe if it isn't too serious they'll fly him into Detroit to join the team. He hasn't been put on IR as far as I know.

Ox

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid win by the Kings, really didn't give up anything besides the penalty shot. Good statement game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That win was so unbelievably satisfying. The league just cannot stop blowing the Blues, and the Kings just can't stop beating them. I'm pretty sure Blues fans see Quick in their nightmares. For real. In the 5-0 game, I guess the Blues gave out posters commemorating their Game 1 win last year...in a series that they went on to lose. Best part is that their biggest fan, Brian Engblom just has to sit there and call play by play as he sweats it out in his Blues undies.

"This would be like if Tyson fought a baby"

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That win was so unbelievably satisfying. The league just cannot stop blowing the Blues, and the Kings just can't stop beating them. I'm pretty sure Blues fans see Quick in their nightmares. For real. In the 5-0 game, I guess the Blues gave out posters commemorating their Game 1 win last year...in a series that they went on to lose. Best part is that their biggest fan, Brian Engblom just has to sit there and call play by play as he sweats it out in his Blues undies.

"This would be like if Tyson fought a baby"

I can't remember who said it, but it was an NHL radio show right before the 5-0 butt kicking the Bloosers laid on the Kings a few weeks ago but they said these two teams are almost identical except the Kings are just a bit better in every category - forwards, defense and goaltending.

It's pretty true and what I have been saying all along, the Blues really need some legitimate scoring guys before I even consider them a contender. Their defense is solid but not spectacular and their goalies are a product of their system, they aren't game stealers like Quick is.

Regardless...a win over the Blues is always good and here's to hoping many more. Their fans need to pipe down until they win something.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tied up on a penalty shot called on Muzzin's drag down of Oshie. With the breakaway caused by his shot getting blocked at the blue line. More ammo for the Muzzin haters. But having shots blocked is a problem with the entire Kings defense corps.

Ox

Muffin's overall game is what gives us haters ammo. And the way he plays, believe me there are no shortages of picking his game apart. He is dumb - I honestly never thought we would see another player on J-Blow's stupidity level ever again in LA. Boy was I wrong.

Glad he scored a goal, by my accounts he still needs to put up at least 9 more to clear the ledger for all the goals against he's been the root cause of.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muffin's overall game is what gives us haters ammo. And the way he plays, believe me there are no shortages of picking his game apart. He is dumb - I honestly never thought we would see another player on J-Blow's stupidity level ever again in LA. Boy was I wrong.

Glad he scored a goal, by my accounts he still needs to put up at least 9 more to clear the ledger for all the goals against he's been the root cause of.
Not sure who "J-Blow" is, but he does remind me of Jack Mother Fuckin' Johnson. In an offensively starved lineup, his hints of offense always seem like a welcomed relief, but he just has so many basic blunders that they negate all of the upside, just like JMFJ. Instead of blasting it 15 feet over the net and clearing the zone, you always wished JMFJ would just take a little bit off of it and get it on net. Muzzin is like the poor man's version of that to me. Last night, before the penalty shot, Doughty pinched with the assumption that Muzzin would get it deep, but he didn't, and got his shot blocked. He NEEDS to get that deep in any way possible, even if just dumping it in. Same with when he got bailed out by Quick in the third on Berglund's attempt. Muzzin let Berglund in behind him because he was puck-watching and mentally shit his pants.

I think the Kings need to reunite Doughty and Mitchell, which to me, creates more offense by allowing two skilled d-men to bounce off of each other, join rushes, exit the zone more efficiently etc. Just takes Doughty off of Muzzin babysitting duty and I think production goes way up.

Doughty - Mitchell
Regehr - Voynov
Greene - Martinez
Muzzin

I'm having a hard time seeing what made the Kings D of 2012 versus today's D so different and the difference appears to be that Regehr now is not as good as Scuderi was in 2012. I think that if we could drop Regehr to the bottom 2 with Martinez, that would be a pretty solid bottom 2, and if we could acquire a top 4 guy, that would really put this team back to where it was. I like Greene against the bigger teams like the Sharks and Blues (Greene made a huge impact when he came into that series against SJ), but against Chicago and maybe even Anaheim's bottom 6 guys, he is too slow to me. It would be great to have the options to matchup against particular teams.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That came off as negative. Overall, I've been enjoying watching the Kings and really haven't had a lot to complain about. Just a few recurring themes, and a few weaknesses that I wish they could solve.

I've read it voiced by others, but I don't love the offensive line combinations. Richards has been pretty off for about 6 weeks now, and I think you put him back with Carter. Ideally, when Toffoli was slumping, it would have been ice to go Toffoli-Richards-Carter and I have a hard time believing that this line wouldn't score. Then go Kopitar-Brown-whoever.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ox and others re: those of us who get scared to death when Muzzin's out there:
From Sutter a la Kings Insider--
"I’m not being critical of Muzz, but we need Muzzin to be a good player for us. It’s really clear. We’re going to play him with Drew Doughty on the road in a lot of situations, and get Robyn out there or Willie out there for faceoffs or last minutes and things like that. He’s got to be dialed in to be playing off and on against Zetterberg or Backes, or whoever it is. He’s got to be dialed in to that and help take the responsibility of it."
Ox, we're not making this stuff up.