• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 37 - Philadelphia Flyers at Los Angeles Kings(1-2-16): 4:00pm EST

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look for a guy drafted by (and traded from) the Kings to score first against the Kings, so I'll go with B. Schenn since he is more due for a goal here.

I'm wondering when Del Zotto will return and who he will replace when that does happen. Either way, I think the defense has a lot more depth right now without Manning starting. Streit just needs to get in game shape and the pairings need to get organized. Then we're much improved defensively.

Last edited:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds. He always seems to like to stick it to the Kings.

This game could be a real mess. It is the third game of a road trip. The Flyers could rise up and match the level of play of the Kings (we have all seen them do this) or they could curl up and get squashed. If the Flyers get into penalty trouble they will be killed by the PK. Don't expect any easy goals on Quick. I really really hope that the Flyers find a way to rise up and take it to the Kings. Either way, I am just glad I don't have to stay up till 1:30 in the morning for the final whistle.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds. He always seems to like to stick it to the Kings.

This game could be a real mess. It is the third game of a road trip. The Flyers could rise up and match the level of play of the Kings (we have all seen them do this) or they could curl up and get squashed. If the Flyers get into penalty trouble they will be killed by the PK. Don't expect any easy goals on Quick. I really really hope that the Flyers find a way to rise up and take it to the Kings. Either way, I am just glad I don't have to stay up till 1:30 in the morning for the final whistle.

They've played well in LA the last few times so maybe they put up a good effort - and the Kings are playing their 5th game in eight days(fourth in six after playing three out of four in Western Canada) so maybe it might help the Flyers, but they have to play way better - these penalties are holding them back lately and they're not getting enough power plays of their own - need to really tighten up and not beat theirselves

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, nice goal by LA

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rifle by Doughty - incredible

This game could be a trainwreck if it continues down this path

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow it's only 2-0 going into the third period

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing every year coming out of a long break - they were too high before the break and they got humbled after this trip

This is what you'll see from them going forward

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Family crisis prevented me from watching all of that game...but the frustration level I felt after the first period was reason enough to stop.

How is it that EVERY team the Flyers play are Up for the game while the Flyers come out on their heals?
How is it that there are 3 and 4 turnovers in one PK and the same people are put right back out?
How is it that RJ Umberger is still drawing an NHL salary?
How is it that whoever is "coaching" the Flyers PK is still drawing a salary? unless it is from their opponents.

This game was everything that is wrong with this team. The defense was a mess. Ghost looked like what he is, a rookie. Gudas looked slow and careless with the puck. Schultz looked like the journeyman that he is. Forwards took turns not back-checking and not closing the gap for outlets. Face off wins turn into scoring chances for the other team. If it weren't for Neuvirth (as it can also be said for Mason frequently) this game could have been much much worse...and the obligatory 3rd period, "we better show up" charge would have been even more for naught.

Maybe Hextall should have traveled with the team and let someone else worry about the WJT.

The sad thing i that nothing will happen. Nothing will be done. We will all have to be "patient". Guess what, there is being patient and their is being complacent with sub mediocrity.

I have a lot of other thoughts, but I have to deal with the family issues first, and frankly, really why should I care if the players and management don't.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It continues to be very difficult to watch our beloved hockey team play, but I think the Kings are just too good and it's clear that they are rolling right now.

That said, our boys showed a lot of push back in the third period, but where was it throughout the rest of the game?

Nice to see Schenn get the goal, but it's just too little, too late.

A couple of lesser concerns. I thought the interference penalty on Ghost was incorrectly called. He hit a guy immediately after he released the puck. That's finishing your check to me. That said, they gave us at least two easy power plays, so it evened out.

Also, why didn't we pull the goalie right after the timeout? I thought that was a fail on our part. Those few seconds after that timeout were probably the closest we came to tying it. Skating 6 on 4 may have given us a goal there.

I know I'm always nervous as hell when a team has a 6 on 4 advantage against us, even if we can ice the puck at will. That's a huge edge and I personally would've pulled the goalie sooner.

We also found out who Del Zotto replaced on the defense. Nobody. They dress 7 defenders instead and sit Read.

Hakstol loaded up there in the third also with Simmonds, Giroux and Voracek all on one line.

Last edited: