• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 34 - St. Louis Blues at Philadelphia Flyers(12-21-15): 7:00pm EST

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
large.png vs. large.png

Game Time: 7:00pm EST
Channel: CSN-PH
Venue: Wells Fargo Center

First Goal Prediction Standings:
flyersfan4706 - 6
Cobiemonster - 2
lasgop8 - 2
awaz - 1
dspice07 - 1
Maverick426h - 1
banditshcky11 - 1
wbon22 - 1
FlyerFinFan - 0
mall3013 - 0
EVille3 - 0
chy1127 - 0
WOOTPOKER - 0
4thstreet - 0
shrike19 - 0

Links:
St. Louis Blues at Philadelphia Flyers - 12/21/2015
Unfinished Business

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voracek!

first pick in a while for this guy :)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brayden Schenn

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am debating on heading down tonight.....

I am going with Coots!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great comeback going into the little break

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a terrific comeback

They sweep the Blues in the season series and that's against a team that is real good defensively

Simmer turned it up big time and Jake looked terrific yet again

Enjoy the Christmas Break Flyers, you earned it with your play - see you in Anaheim and keep this thing going then

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty unreal game to watch. This is one that was worth recording and perhaps viewing again. The slow start is nothing new for us, but now we're sort of just taking it in stride and moving on.

I don't have the stats in front of me, but the Blues are one of the best one goal game and third period teams in all of the Nhl, so this is a pretty spectacular comeback. I thought we mostly played a solid second period and had them on the ropes throughout the vast majority of the third, minus a hiccup or two about 12 minutes in. To have a team that is as stacked defensively as St. Louis in dire straits when it was only a 3-3 game is impressive.

Jake didn't have a goal in this one, but he could've easily had a hat trick with all of the glorious chances he narrowly missed. Regardless, he ends up with two critical assists and I consider him (and his line) still rolling.

What's really amazing is that we came all the way back from 0-3 down without Giroux getting a single point. In fact, he was sitting in the penalty box when our comeback began...lol

Ghost continues to amaze while putting up points at a furious rate. His point per game pace across 18 games is second only to McDavid and Panarin among ALL rookies. McDavid has 13 games however and is still out.

VandeVelde was probably the last guy any of us thought would score the first goal...lol Umberger probably should've scored too, but he is absolutely snakebit right now. Really nice to see Simmonds get his first two at home and Medvedev made a beautiful shot there on an even better pass by White to seal it.

I have to really credit the overall teamwork here in all zones. We were winning an awful lot of puck battles and faceoffs in the second half of that game due to that second effort all over the ice. The physicality was solid too against a really big team.

I thought we could've scored 6 or 7 goals in this game, so maybe that is a sign of things to come. Regardless, I feel that the goal scoring issues are a thing of the past right now. It only took a 2:10 stretch of hockey to get right back in this one, when to the untrained eye, it may have looked over.

This is how you like to go into a nice, long holiday break.

:10: Merry Christmas to all!! :suds:

Last edited:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty unreal game to watch. This is one that was worth recording and perhaps viewing again. The slow start is nothing new for us, but now we're sort of just taking it in stride and moving on.

I don't have the stats in front of me, but the Blues are one of the best one goal game and third period teams in all of the Nhl, so this is a pretty spectacular comeback. I thought we mostly played a solid second period and had them on the ropes throughout the vast majority of the third, minus a hiccup or two about 12 minutes in. To have a team that is as stacked defensively as St. Louis in dire straits when it was only a 3-3 game is impressive.

Jake didn't have a goal in this one, but he could've easily had a hat trick with all of the glorious chances he narrowly missed. Regardless, he ends up with two critical assists and I consider him (and his line) still rolling.

What's really amazing is that we came all the way back from 0-3 down without Giroux getting a single point. In fact, he was sitting in the penalty box when our comeback began...lol

Ghost continues to amaze while putting up points at a furious rate. His point per game pace across 18 games is second only to McDavid and Panarin among ALL rookies. McDavid has 13 games however and is still out.

VandeVelde was probably the last guy any of us thought would score the first goal...lol Umberger probably should've scored too, but he is absolutely snakebit right now. Really nice to see Simmonds get his first two at home and Medvedev made a beautiful shot there on an even better pass by White to seal it.

I have to really credit the overall teamwork here in all zones. We were winning an awful lot of puck battles and faceoffs in the second half of that game due to that second effort all over the ice. The physicality was solid too against a really big team.

I thought we could've scored 6 or 7 goals in this game, so maybe that is a sign of things to come. Regardless, I feel that the goal scoring issues are a thing of the past right now. It only took a 2:10 stretch of hockey to get right back in this one, when to the untrained eye, it may have looked over.

This is how you like to go into a nice, long holiday break.

:10: Merry Christmas to all!! :suds:

The interesting part of that is that it seems like a lot of guys that you don't expect end up scoring the first goal - we should probably start picking those guys lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of this game, to me, is that it did not go to overtime. So, so much easier to just end it in regulation and take away the only two points. We need to start utilizing this strategy in games against division rivals especially...lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we may have a problem on our hands guys. I'm starting to believe.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we may have a problem on our hands guys. I'm starting to believe.

I'm sure you're talking about either Ghost being sent down or two players going down in his place. I guess I don't understand the whole LTIR situation, because it seems to me like we should have space for him under the cap. The other factor seems to be the 23 man roster limit. Who can be sent down to make cap space and roster space without hurting the team?

It seems that it has to be a forward. Most of our forwards either don't have two-way contracts and would be subject to passing through waivers, which is a gamble.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you're talking about either Ghost being sent down or two players going down in his place. I guess I don't understand the whole LTIR situation, because it seems to me like we should have space for him under the cap. The other factor seems to be the 23 man roster limit. Who can be sent down to make cap space and roster space without hurting the team?

It seems that it has to be a forward. Most of our forwards either don't have two-way contracts and would be subject to passing through waivers, which is a gamble.
The two easiest options when Streit comes back is to send Ghost or Laughton back to the Phantoms. These are the only options to not subject anyone on the roster to waivers. If Laughton goes down, I assume Gagner would replace him in the line-up. Any move to mess with team chemistry is undesirable at this point, obviously. That is of course, unless Hextall can move a d-man after the roster freeze.