• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LA Kings Vs St. Louis Blues Jan 16, 2014

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I didn't think you guys were inventing things to dislike about his game. But that's the first negative comments I've read from Sutter regarding Muzzin's game. Yes he makes mistakes and dumb plays. So do a lot of defensemen. I watched Larry Robinson score into his own net. My point is that he is never going to be considered a Norris Trophy candidate. I don't even think he's a top 2 pariing. I really don't like the Muzzin/Doughty pairing. I think he's much better off playing with either Mitchell or Greene as a 5/6 pair.

Ox

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell or Greene cant make up for Muffin, DD has the speed and ability to lessen the Muffin impact. Nobody is expecting him to be a Norris contender, but some of us expect the D to play like they belong in the NHL. I gave him a pass for awhile but that time has passed and in a lot of ways he has regressed. I mentioned a while back that I would have liked to see Ellerby play instead of Muffin.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen or heard anything about any league reviews or possible disciplinary action against Muzzin for his forearm to the head. Looks like the Kings may escape without having to bring up a d-man from Manchester or play with only 5 guys on defense.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who "J-Blow" is, but he does remind me of Jack Mother Fuckin' Johnson. In an offensively starved lineup, his hints of offense always seem like a welcomed relief, but he just has so many basic blunders that they negate all of the upside, just like JMFJ.

"J-Blow" as pointed out is Jaroslav Modry. I named him that in early 2000 when Jennifer Lopez was hot in LA and she was (and still is) known as J-Lo so that is what I coined him since we had a crappy defender version defecating all over LA ice.

Johnson was so intriguing but he is definitely as dumb if not worse than Muzzin.

I'm having a hard time seeing what made the Kings D of 2012 versus today's D so different and the difference appears to be that Regehr now is not as good as Scuderi was in 2012. I think that if we could drop Regehr to the bottom 2 with Martinez, that would be a pretty solid bottom 2, and if we could acquire a top 4 guy, that would really put this team back to where it was. I like Greene against the bigger teams like the Sharks and Blues (Greene made a huge impact when he came into that series against SJ), but against Chicago and maybe even Anaheim's bottom 6 guys, he is too slow to me. It would be great to have the options to matchup against particular teams.

Regehr is definitely a step down from Scuderi when the Kings had him. Scuderi's game slipped a little the last year-18 months he was here though, so I would think some of the issues we are seeing now defensively would still be present if Scuderi were here.

Greene has lot a step too - not that he had a big one to begin with - so I think the Kings really need to find a SAH defender, in his mid/late 20s, like when they acquired Greene. Hard to come by for sure, and I don't think the Kings (or any team) will get away with robbing a team like they did to Edmonton in that deal.

Both those guys were huge in terms of changing the culture of the team, being good guys in the locker room, changing the attitude from losers to winners and played key roles in the Cup win.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I didn't think you guys were inventing things to dislike about his game. But that's the first negative comments I've read from Sutter regarding Muzzin's game.

Ox

It's actually the second time in about 3 weeks Sutter has been critical about Muzzin. There is an article on NHL.com somewhere where he says Muzzin basically needs to stop screwing the pooch.

Of course he gets tooled again tonight on Zetterberg's goal. The guy is a complete ass clown and needs some skin rash that will shelf him for at least 4 weeks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"J-Blow" as pointed out is Jaroslav Modry. I named him that in early 2000 when Jennifer Lopez was hot in LA and she was (and still is) known as J-Lo so that is what I coined him since we had a crappy defender version defecating all over LA ice.

Johnson was so intriguing but he is definitely as dumb if not worse than Muzzin.

Regehr is definitely a step down from Scuderi when the Kings had him. Scuderi's game slipped a little the last year-18 months he was here though, so I would think some of the issues we are seeing now defensively would still be present if Scuderi were here.

Greene has lot a step too - not that he had a big one to begin with - so I think the Kings really need to find a SAH defender, in his mid/late 20s, like when they acquired Greene. Hard to come by for sure, and I don't think the Kings (or any team) will get away with robbing a team like they did to Edmonton in that deal.

Both those guys were huge in terms of changing the culture of the team, being good guys in the locker room, changing the attitude from losers to winners and played key roles in the Cup win.
Yea, I agree that Scuderi was slipping with age, and that is just the way it was going to be. The point still remains, however, that the hole he left by not playing like he did when he was younger/not being in the lineup is still present and needs to be addressed.

Muzzin is probably not as bad as we make him out to be because he is constantly being played in a top 2 role with Doughty, and that isn't fair to anyone.