• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kendricks part of trade up for Mariota???

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't draft Kendricks, so I can buy this. The other reason for this speculation is that Kendricks is worth more in a trade than Shady, so if you got your Kendricks replacement by trading Shady, you effectively increased the bounty you can offer for Mariota by swapping Shady for Kendricks.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryans is still on the team, so either Alonso is going to play OLB or we are trading Kendricks. Or they are talking their sweet time to release Demeco. Plus we signed Brad Smith.

Or maybe he'll be dealt for Dion Jordan.

Remember...Kendricks was one of the guys who voiced displeasure over the Jackson release.

Dont get me wrong, Id love to see Alonso & Kendricks together but I think there is a decent chance that wont be happening.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryans is still on the team, so either Alonso is going to play OLB or we are trading Kendricks. Or they are talking their sweet time to release Demeco. Plus we signed Brad Smith.

Or maybe he'll be dealt for Dion Jordan.

Remember...Kendricks was one of the guys who voiced displeasure over the Jackson release.

Dont get me wrong, Id love to see Alonso & Kendricks together but I think there is a decent chance that wont be happening.

lol now I'm getting nervous. Kendricks is my boy!!

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't draft Kendricks, so I can buy this. The other reason for this speculation is that Kendricks is worth more in a trade than Shady, so if you got your Kendricks replacement by trading Shady, you effectively increased the bounty you can offer for Mariota by swapping Shady for Kendricks.

Alonso and KEndricks are not the same player. Kendricks is multi-dimensional. Alonso is a one trick pony.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget that kendricks started on the outside. Maybe that's where he's going.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....that scenario seems pretty plausible. I'd hate to lose Kendricks.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eaglesnut is just trolling guys. He is butthurt about Shady.

I didn't make this thread. I'm just trying on Chip's Mariota dress to see how it feels...

It still looks stupid. I must be wearing it wrong.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget that kendricks started on the outside. Maybe that's where he's going.

At 6 feet he's not playing outside in the 3-4. Not in base packages at least.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this - may shed some light on what Swat is saying...

Eagles expected to keep DeMeco Ryans, per report - Bleeding Green Nation

I was really looking forward to a Kendricks/Alonso pairing, but if this has any merit I'm not a fan of this scenario, only if Meco comes back as a reserve at a reduced rate.

The problem with dumping everyone is that the locker room starts looking around wondering wtf.
And guys coming here want to be paid now because they know that they aren't going to see the backend of the contract which limits cap flexibility.
As an example if you're Franklin, from Denver, and you're 27 do you really think you're going to see years 4-5 of that contract?

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with dumping everyone is that the locker room starts looking around wondering wtf.
And guys coming here want to be paid now because they know that they aren't going to see the backend of the contract which limits cap flexibility.
As an example if you're Franklin, from Denver, and you're 27 do you really think you're going to see years 4-5 of that contract?

The same can be said for every other team in the league sigining big name free agents. I'm not saying it's right, but it's the reality of the NFL.

Like I said, I don't mind if Meco comes back, but not if it means you going to pair him with Alonso with Alonso being Kendricks replacement. Kendricks/Alonso would be far more dynamic in this D. I hope that is the case.

Chip has the keys now and this is what is happening. I think if he was given full autonomy from the start this would have been under way two years ago. It's going to be an interesting ride - it will either end in catastrophic failure or a Super Bowl title. This off-season will be fascinating to see what happens next.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same can be said for every other team in the league sigining big name free agents. I'm not saying it's right, but it's the reality of the NFL.

Like I said, I don't mind if Meco comes back, but not if it means you going to pair him with Alonso with Alonso being Kendricks replacement. Kendricks/Alonso would be far more dynamic in this D. I hope that is the case.

Chip has the keys now and this is what is happening. I think if he was given full autonomy from the start this would have been under way two years ago. It's going to be an interesting ride - it will either end in catastrophic failure or a Super Bowl title. This off-season will be fascinating to see what happens next.

I'm not arguing one way or the other.
Like you I think this is uncharted territory.
We don't know his plan. But we do know the history of FA in the league and it isn't good.
On this It's going to be an interesting ride - it will either end in catastrophic failure or a Super Bowl title. This off-season will be fascinating to see what happens next. I agree somewhat. Nothing is ever guaranteed.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alonso and KEndricks are not the same player. Kendricks is multi-dimensional. Alonso is a one trick pony.
One trick pony, are you kidding. He is a 3 down LB.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm becoming a bit concerned about Kendricks being used as a trade piece. He looks like the next P.Willis -- it would hurt badly to lose him.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One trick pony, are you kidding. He is a 3 down LB.

I'm sitting here in Toronto, watching Buffalo play most weekends. How many times have you seen him play? How often has been asked to cover the tight end down the field? To cover the back one on one?

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sitting here in Toronto, watching Buffalo play most weekends. How many times have you seen him play? How often has been asked to cover the tight end down the field? To cover the back one on one?

Your analysis contradicts every other one I have seen.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm in Toronto too, probably watched the same games you saw, Alonso was all over the field in '13. He was killing people! He is not a one trick pony. I actually remeber saying to myself after that season why didn't Chip draft this guy?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be an interesting ride - it will either end in catastrophic failure or a Super Bowl title. This off-season will be fascinating to see what happens next.

Don't be surprised when the end result is years of mediocrity.