• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kendricks part of trade up for Mariota???

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing surprises me anymore. But as a fan I'm hoping for better. We will see.

Me too. First I hope he doesn't have a stupid plan. Then I'll hope his stupid plan works out.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in Toronto too, probably watched the same games you saw, Alonso was all over the field in '13. He was killing people! He is not a one trick pony. I actually remeber saying to myself after that season why didn't Chip draft this guy?

Is he dynamic? For sure. But in pettine's defense he was never asked to cover the te downfield. He was rarely asked to cover the back out of the backfield 1v1. I'd say the jury is still out on being a complete, all-round guy.

He's now had two knee surgeries as well.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he dynamic? For sure. But in pettine's defense he was never asked to cover the te downfield. He was rarely asked to cover the back out of the backfield 1v1. I'd say the jury is still out on being a complete, all-round guy.

He's now had two knee surgeries as well.

Granted the knees are an issue, but he's young, his rehab is going well, he's a workout demon and I was very impressed with what I saw in his rookie season - there's no reason to believe he can't be more effective than Meco in Davis's scheme, providing that he is indeed Meco's replacement and not Kendricks. Not as athletic as Kendricks but more instinctive. He's a 3 down LB, those guys are hard to find.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ctc is still butthurt that I was right all along about Shady... He still can't believe that Shady is gone! KIKO is a stud! KIKO is Luke Kuechly like.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ctc is still butthurt that I was right all along about Shady... He still can't believe that Shady is gone! KIKO is a stud! KIKO is Luke Kuechly like.

Well since you went there...

The Luke Kuechly that you said was too soft with a tightend body or the actual Luke Kuechly that came in and dominated right away?

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

U were right that ck would dump him, but not for the reasons you put forward.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with dumping everyone is that the locker room starts looking around wondering wtf.

They may view this as Chip (not unlike most new coaches/GMs) getting rid of guys from the old regime and bringing in his guys. So, if you're Franklin (or whomever), you'll be coming in as a Chip guy...

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U were right that ck would dump him, but not for the reasons you put forward.
Oh really? Then I suggest you go get your eyes checked! I specifically said that he was due to make 12 million and there was no way the Eagles were gonna pay a declining rb, that can't block, lost goal line carries, goes down when someone grabs his shoelace etc etc.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since you went there...

The Luke Kuechly that you said was too soft with a tightend body or the actual Luke Kuechly that came in and dominated right away?
Hey Enut, do you mean the Luke Kuechly that I said I would absolutely draft in rd 1 but I wanted him as my OLB not my MLB??? Listen bro if your gonna try and quote me get it right! Nice try however you failed miserably.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Enut, do you mean the Luke Kuechly that I said I would absolutely draft in rd 1 but I wanted him as my OLB not my MLB??? Listen bro if your gonna try and quote me get it right! Nice try however you failed miserably.

Well I couldn't go look up the old KFFL thread.

Who was that poster that wanted Kuechly so badly? Forget his name. You were always arguing with him about it.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I couldn't go look up the old KFFL thread.

Who was that poster that wanted Kuechly so badly? Forget his name. You were always arguing with him about it.
Bridgecoach......but the arguement was 2 fold, I told him that Kuechly was not gonna make it to us, which he did not, went way before we picked. Then the second part he was correct and I was partially correct. I thought he would be a great player but I didn't feel he was big enough(muscle wise) to play the MLB, I felt he was an OLB in a 4-3 which is what we were running at the time.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh really? Then I suggest you go get your eyes checked! I specifically said that he was due to make 12 million and there was no way the Eagles were gonna pay a declining rb, that can't block, lost goal line carries, goes down when someone grabs his shoelace etc etc.

And he wasn't traded for those reasons. He got let go because he and chip weren't on the same page.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he wasn't traded for those reasons. He got let go because he and chip weren't on the same page.
CTC What are you smoking dude? Crack kills brotha, it really does. He got let go because he was about to make 12 mill per season and Chip wasn't paying a RB 12 mill, especially one who is declining, and clearly lost his short yardage and goal line carries.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CTC What are you smoking dude? Crack kills brotha, it really does. He got let go because he was about to make 12 mill per season and Chip wasn't paying a RB 12 mill, especially one who is declining, and clearly lost his short yardage and goal line carries.

that's certainly an opinion.

Stop bogarting the pipe.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pure speculation...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shady was let go because his usage didn't justify his price. Shady was a 2 down Back for Chip ... taken out in most short yardage / goal line situation and on 3rd downs in favor of Sproles. Weather he's right or wrong, Chip prefers a 3 Back rotation ... it's not a position he thinks merits paying a guy anywhere close to what Shady was making. It's been the same reason I thought he'd be traded or released ... Wingman wasn't the only one who saw this coming :)

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if we miss McCoy or not. Lets hope we dont. If you are getting rid of a stud RB, you either replace him with another one OR you are planning on getting a stud QB.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Shady is a very good back, not a "stud" Back. To me a stud Back is Adrian Peterson ... Marshawn Lynch. Guys who you can count on to not only give you a 20/30 yard run, but also give you those tuff between the tackles run ... give you that big block when pass rushers get through ... be "THE" man when you get near the goal line. Shady is too much all or nothing ... always looking for that big play instead of just hitting the holes the plays are designed to go. Shady got enough carries on a per game basis that he eventually broke off one or two a game to make his final line look solid ... but in the big picture how much does that style really help the team on a per drive basis? Chip wants to move forward ... not backwards and sideways with a couple of random 20 yarders sprinkled in.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many many time there was nothing there & he gained 6-10 yards as well. He wasn't just a 20 yard or nothing guy.

He imo made our blocking look way better than they actually were...for his entire career. If the blockers stay the same and of course they wont...the next guy wouldn't fare as well. At least imo.

Chip seems to realize that as well with the Herrmann release. Having a mobile QB will help the next guy too..if that happens. An actual better QB would do wonders for the next guy too. Not easy when u are the main focus at RB & u don't have a good enough QB to help ya out against man coverage.

He isn't irreplaceable but he won't be easily replaced.