• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KDS Commentary Presents Draft 2011: the Rise of the Penis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I definitely like the fact that Knight is 6'3. I had a bit of concern with Walker's height. Here's what one report from DraftExpress said about him after the workouts:

-Brandon Knight finished just outside of the top-10 in a number of different metrics and mustered an impressive 10 reps on the bench considering his extremely wiry frame. Knight is an interesting athlete, looking more explosive in settings like these than he does on the floor at times. It will be worth watching how his quickness translates to the next level and what it allows him to do off the dribble, as that will be a huge key in how efficient a scorer he can become in the NBA.

From DraftExpress.com DraftExpress: Analyzing the NBA Combine Athletic Testing Results
DraftExpress - NBA Draft, NCAA/International Basketball Website.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And from nbadraft.net:

NBA Comparison: Jason Terry/Jrue Holiday

Strengths: Heady point guard with great size and explosive scoring ability ... Very natural scorer with an effortless shooting ability and excellent instincts off the dribble ... Very quick in half-court situations ... Great first step ... Penetrates the defense and gets into the paint with ease ... Possesses a good-looking runner, which can be extremely useful for point guards at the next level ... A fast runner in the open court ... Makes good decisions in fast-break opportunities ... Great size for a point guard, standing 6'3.25" in shoes with a 6'6.75" wingspan ... Uses his length and solid athleticism to finish well around the rim ... Looks comfortable with the ball in his hands ... Creates shots well for himself ... Uses a lot of hesitations and fakes to get himself open ... Shoots the ball often and with confidence ... Already has NBA three-point range ... Likes to surprise the defense with a quick pull-up jumper just inside the arc ... Doesn't get rattled easily ... Thrives in high-pressure situations ... Had a reputation for being a clutch performer in high school and has certainly lived up to that at Kentucky (game-winners against Princeton and Ohio State in the NCAA tournament) ... Unselfish passer who looks to keep his teammates involved ... Good timing in pick and roll situations ... Very smart defender that doesn't gamble for steals a lot ... Has the quick feet and long arms to stay in front of his man and deny penetration ... Highly competitive and mature ... Had a 4.0 GPA at Kentucky, which suggests that he is also responsible off the court ... Only 19 years old with a strong work-ethic and a high upside ... Will continue to improve ...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And looking at his weaknesses, I am reminded why I was hesitant about this kid in the first place:

Weaknesses: Not a pure point guard ... Ball handling ability needs a lot of work. His dribble is too high and will be easy to pick unless he improves upon it ... Passing ability is respectable, but not intuitive ... Very turnover prone, especially when trying to create for others ... Gets caught trying to make "home run" passes at times, when a more conservative approach would save his team the possession... Efficiency leaves something to be desired ... Only shot 42.3% from the floor... Very streaky shooter ... Takes ill-advised shots, which aren't really a problem when he's hot, but can make you scratch your head if he wasn't having a good game to begin with... Athletically, his leaping ability is fairly average... Isn't a real threat to explode vertically or dunk on the defense ... At 177 lbs, he'll get pushed around by the stronger guards in the NBA ...

CanadianLogs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And looking at his weaknesses, I am reminded why I was hesitant about this kid in the first place:

Weaknesses: Not a pure point guard ... Ball handling ability needs a lot of work. His dribble is too high and will be easy to pick unless he improves upon it ... Passing ability is respectable, but not intuitive ... Very turnover prone, especially when trying to create for others ... Gets caught trying to make "home run" passes at times, when a more conservative approach would save his team the possession... Efficiency leaves something to be desired ... Only shot 42.3% from the floor... Very streaky shooter ... Takes ill-advised shots, which aren't really a problem when he's hot, but can make you scratch your head if he wasn't having a good game to begin with... Athletically, his leaping ability is fairly average... Isn't a real threat to explode vertically or dunk on the defense ... At 177 lbs, he'll get pushed around by the stronger guards in the NBA ...

knight clearly disproves that last part about his leaping being fairly average, guy had 37.5 inch vert and could touch 11'4" at the combine. walker couldnt even touch 11 foot with his t rex arms despite having a 39 inch vert. that being said if walkers passing is way ahead of knights then i'll take walker

CanadianLogs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah, he's skinny as shit and jose is an out of shape bum which is why he's injured alll the time

CanadianLogs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'm kind sad that we dont have any other picks tonight, wonder if we can swap james johnson back to chicago for miamis first back

or trade blayless for a second rounder

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm psyched for the draft. I forgot how well Knight played in the tourney. I would be happy to take him. He sounds kinda like he's too fast for his own good, and a little turnover prone, but these are generally the highest areas of improvement for new point guards coming into the league, so I think he'll still be good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm kind sad that we dont have any other picks tonight, wonder if we can swap james johnson back to chicago for miamis first back

or trade blayless for a second rounder

Frick man, you read my mind. The draft just isn't the same without a second rounder. Remember when I wanted to trade the whole team for the Genetic Prodigy?????

CanadianLogs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Frick man, you read my mind. The draft just isn't the same without a second rounder. Remember when I wanted to trade the whole team for the Genetic Prodigy?????

specially a low second which is what we would have this year. there's always players projected in the first that slip and many times its for no good reason

CanadianLogs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
and by the way guys, kunter is still the best choice.all this pg talk but you guys know who we need

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're doing draft commentary right? i feel like we should invade some board for a roadie.