• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KDS Commentary Presents Draft 2011: the Rise of the Penis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, this:

CTwW.Johnson.png

CanadianLogs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
all i know is i can't be the only one tempted to pop a bunch of painkillers in order to sleep two days straight until draft

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This piece from Bleacher Report really does make that much sense considering the direction of this team, but Colangelo would be a crazy enough GM to make the deal:

As the Raptors continue the their offseason quest to distance themselves from the image of the soft, defensively porous doormat they were considered over much of the last two seasons, the hire of Dwane Casey is a promising step in the right direction.

However, coaches coach, and players play. On that front, Bryan Colangelo has some tough decisions ahead of him in terms of the approach to the player personnel situation this offseason. The draft was supposed to be step one toward addressing the multiple needs of his young squad.

Well Bryan, your job might have just got a bit more interesting.

According to the Boston Globe, the San Antonio Spurs are apparently keen to jump into the lottery, and have reportedly been in talks with the Raps for the No. 5 pick. As part of those talks, three-time champion and 2007 Finals MVP Tony Parker has allegedly been offered as enticement.

One has to think that it is unlikely to be a straight-up swap, and would probably require an additional piece heading to the ageing Spurs. Bayless would make sense, but they could also use some length behind Tim Duncan.

At any rate, the potential acquisition of a proven All-Star and NBA champion in Parker would go a long way to legitimizing Colangelo’s efforts to bring respectability to a Raptors squad in dire need of a veteran voice and floor leadership. Parker also represents an upgrade in quickness, defensive presence, tenacity, paint scoring and mental toughness.

With a pre-existing young nucleus that will only continue to grow and improve, Colangelo can afford to forego adding another young prospect in this year’s draft. The offer of Tony Parker would jump-start the arduous rebuilding process and help propel the Toronto Raptors toward respectability in the not-too-distant future.

From the Spurs perspective, there should still be some quality pieces on the board who could step in right away on a team laden with veterans. The Spurs could use an injection of youth at nearly every position, so their options are numerous. Depending on who comes with the No. 5 from Toronto, San Antonio could look for some size up front, athleticism at the three or their next floor general.

All in all, this move seems to make sense for both teams involved, with Toronto adding proven veteran leadership, and San Antonio having an opportunity to acquire some pieces for the future.

CanadianLogs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
another thing with parker, he's owed a shit load. spurs better be taking assholeron back with that fifth pick

WAIT,we cant trade balderon, he's just starting to shed

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Parker is 30 and will just be starting a 4 year 50 million dollar extension this coming season. I feel like a Bargnani for Parker trade would be more fair than giving up our pick.

CanadianLogs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tony Parker is 30 and will just be starting a 4 year 50 million dollar extension this coming season. I feel like a Bargnani for Parker trade would be more fair than giving up our pick.

thats alot owed for an old system pg , i would almost rather just trade ill poon for igoudala who would solidy the 3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well...this might get more interesting. I'm not a big fan of RJ, but he can provide some outside shooting to help DeMar out. By no means do I like this trade one bit, but it's fun to discuss:

Spurs Trying To Include Jefferson In Parker Trade Talks
Jun 22, 2011 10:47 AM EDT

As the Spurs explore trade possibilities involving Tony Parker, the team is believed to be hoping to unload the contract of Richard Jefferson in the process.

Jefferson was re-signed by the Spurs last offseason.

The Raptors and Kings are believed to be possible landing spots for Parker.

Read more: Spurs Trying To Include Jefferson In Parker Trade Talks - RealGM Wiretap

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But at the end of the day, on a rebuilding team, it would make no sense for Parker to come here and it would also make no sense for us to take him on when we don't even have a solid foundation/identity yet so why would we want to get older? If anything, we should keep dumping our vets to get younger

CanadianLogs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah man, rj is another bad contract. taking on both him and parker before the new cba would be ridiculous.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya agree. i dont really think bargnani for parker is a good trade, but it sure is hell better than giving up our 5th pick.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the spurs do find a way to unload parker or jefferson on a team, they are gods. we need their front office, and i dont care how much it costs mlse.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hmmm...looks like Colangelo is, once again, waiting for the first chip (draft) to align before shooting his wad on the moves this summer. Barbrosa is also one dude who might be in a Raps jersey for the long-term...a player who's 'nice' to have but at this stage, I don't really want to have:

In addition, we are trying to determine what is the best fit for Leandro in the long term and not just for this next year. There has been talk of the possibility of the Raptors offering a multi-year deal so that we can stay here, however as things stand today, no formal offer has come from the Raptors. So at this time we are looking at what is being offered in the marketplace.

Read more: HoopsHype.com NBA Blogs - Jorge Sierra

CanadianLogs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i wouldnt mind barbra as a weapon off the bench but not at nearly the money he's set to make next season. Injury prone and really cant effect the game other than scoring. barbosa will be stupid to opt out but i wouldn't complain

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Ford's latest mock draft has us taking Knight at 5. That would be pretty sweet, but what would we do with our PG situation? I hope we lose Calderon. I think a back court of Knight and Bayless would be sweet.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chad Ford's latest mock draft has us taking Knight at 5. That would be pretty sweet, but what would we do with our PG situation? I hope we lose Calderon. I think a back court of Knight and Bayless would be sweet.

I don't know where I read it, but the word on the street is that Knight plays a very similar style to Bayless. Having two PGs playing similar styles is probably not the best idea. Jose can still piss dimes, though his shot has gone to shits and I can't see any team wanting him at this point...not to mention he could help teach young Knight the way of the dime pisser. I'll go with Jose + Knight.

Okay, all my other reasons are secondary. I just want to see Jose's hairline recede to the point of no return as a Raptor

CanadianLogs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
don't really know much about knight or walker but im pretty sure they're both scoring type pg's or at least were in college with shitty teamates. i'm torn on the two because kemba seems like the better player right now but knight had an impressive combine with a great vert, size, length, gerth, vein count ect.

guess were going to have to settle this with dunks,im off to find some clips

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where I read it, but the word on the street is that Knight plays a very similar style to Bayless. Having two PGs playing similar styles is probably not the best idea. Jose can still piss dimes, though his shot has gone to shits and I can't see any team wanting him at this point...not to mention he could help teach young Knight the way of the dime pisser. I'll go with Jose + Knight.

Okay, all my other reasons are secondary. I just want to see Jose's hairline recede to the point of no return as a Raptor

by style, do you talent. just cuz guys are both talented doesnt mean they wouldnt play well together