• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe's Other Dynasty League

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF
So i drafted the 5-7 fireplug RB Deuce Vaughn (DAL). I know you're not a big fan of his, but Malik Davis is available.

No depth charts. Tons of speculation.

Perennial disappointment Parris Campbell is available too. But i'd prefer to focus on RB for now.
Doesn’t Paris Campbell have a chance to be the WR1?? Much more useful than a rb that may be lucky to get a roster space.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t Paris Campbell have a chance to be the WR1?? Much more useful than a rb that may be lucky to get a roster space.
Ironic you say that. Several sites like Ourlads and ESPN have him as the WR3. But Sleeper lists him as the WR1

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic you say that. Several sites like Ourlads and ESPN have him as the WR3. But Sleeper lists him as the WR1

I mean. Look at the giants receivers. Pretty bad. Hyatt is the “best” talent but he a rookie. And not that type of rookie.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF
So i drafted the 5-7 fireplug RB Deuce Vaughn (DAL). I know you're not a big fan of his, but Malik Davis is available.

Perennial disappointment Parris Campbell is available too. But i'd prefer to focus on RB for now.
Meh, it's not that I don't think much of Vaughn, it's just that he's got a helluva mountain to climb.
Pollard, Davis, Ronnie Jones is in town, and Lord news Jerra will bring Zeke back in a heartbeat if he can get the money right. There's worse bets our there, but I sure ain't chomping at the bit to but Duece Vaughn stock. Id rather bank on Malik Davis..he did have some interesting flash plays and is currently slated to be the #2 behind a guy I'm not so sure can handle 20+ touches week after week, after week.

Campbell is likely a safer bet as far as fantasy goes, if for no other reason than hes probably got a roster spot locked down and Vaughn doesn't. But it's wholly debatable as to what comes out of that group. Hodgins, Slayton, Shepard, Campbell, Wandale Robinson, Hyatt, Crowder...any one of them could easily claim to be the #1 target for Danny Dimes, because none of them are a #1, X type receiver. In fact, most, if not all of them, are best suited for slot, and none of the vets, Campbell included, have a very good track record of being available any given week..so..long story short...best of luck to anyone hoping to have a productive Giants WR, wether he's the defacto #1 or not. For my money, WanDale Robinson is far and away the most talented WR of the group, depending on how the rookie Hyatt shows for himself.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm sorry, but there's no way I'm assuming a dude drafted in the third round of this ultra shallow class is any better than a proven vet, even if that proven vet is mediocre at best. 3rd round WR's this year would've been later day 3 picks most years

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how desperate you are for a RB, but I think I take a stab at Campbell.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: Not sure i follow you?

simply mean that as a third round receiver, he will likely not be forced into any role, and unlikely he will start the season as a pivotal role in the receiving corp... which also means, it is the others job to lose...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the feedback guys.
You guys may think I'm silly? (Especially if my McBride rants last week are still fresh in your minds.)
But when I'm on the fence about a few dart throws (and this is where I am at with regard to Malik Davis, Parris Campbell and Deuce Vaughn and Sean Tucker), in these instances I do put some credence in salary/contract details.

Parris Campbell
He's basically on a 1-year prove it deal.
He is their highest-paid WR.
His contract is laced with incentives that increase for TD, receptions and yards that could tally over $1 million more.

Sean Tucker
He's a UDFA RB signed by Tampa. Currently on my roster.
The only reason I'm adding him to this discussion is because he is on my roster bubble if I decide to add anyone.
He may be a tougher cut for me based on the RB fossils on the Tampa roster.
That and his contract is RFA.

Malik Davis
He currently is ear-marked as the RB2 behind Pollard but he has lowest contract numbers.
He will be an ERFA.
I may be wrong, but I see him as the RB3.
RoJo is a bum. He proved that in TB under Brady and in KC with Mahomes.

Deuce Vaughn
Currently on my roster.
The guy is little (5-5). The Cowboys moved up in the draft to get him. History has shown that he'll at least get chances given what Dallas invested to get him.
Maybe I'm being bias here looking for supportive stats, but according to PFF this kid dominated in college.
The well-respected FantasyPros project him as the WR2 behind Pollard, in part because he was so effective as a receiving RB.
Relative to the salaries of the other RBs (Jones, Davis and Dowdle), Vaughn's salary is in the ballpark with theirs.

Synopsis
Adding Campbell is tempting. But WR is not a priority for me. Quite honestly, neither is RB.
In my sky-blue world, of these 4, I envision Tucker as a hidden gem first.
Vaughn is next.
Then Campbell.
Leaving Malik Davis last.

Last edited:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF

Was listening to Sirius fantasy radio the other day and a Cowboys beat writer was on.
He expects Davis to be the RB2, with RoJo being the contingency plan. Didn’t have much expectations for Vaughn with a healthy Pollard.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean. Look at the giants receivers. Pretty bad. Hyatt is the “best” talent but he a rookie. And not that type of rookie.

I have a bias, but Hodgins knows Daboll and is actually a good receiver with good hands. Didn’t like when we let him go.

Last five games: 25-33, 270 yards, 4 TD

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the feedback guys.
You guys may think I'm silly? (Especially if my McBride rants last week are still fresh in your minds.)
But when I'm on the fence about a few dart throws (and this is where I am at with regard to Malik Davis, Parris Campbell and Deuce Vaughn and Sean Tucker), in these instances I do put some credence in salary/contract details.

Parris Campbell
He's basically on a 1-year prove it deal.
He is their highest-paid WR.
His contract is laced with incentives that increase for TD, receptions and yards that could tally over $1 million more.

Sean Tucker
He's a UDFA RB signed by Tampa. Currently on my roster.
The only reason I'm adding him to this discussion is because he is on my roster bubble if I decide to add anyone.
He may be a tougher cut for me based on the RB fossils on the Tampa roster.
That and his contract is RFA.

Malik Davis
He currently is ear-marked as the RB2 behind Pollard but he has lowest contract numbers.
He will be an ERFA.
I may be wrong, but I see him as the RB3.
RoJo is a bum. He proved that in TB under Brady and in KC with Mahomes.

Deuce Vaughn
Currently on my roster.
The guy is little (5-5). The Cowboys moved up in the draft to get him. History has shown that he'll at least get chances given what Dallas invested to get him.
Maybe I'm being bias here looking for supportive stats, but according to PFF this kid dominated in college.
The well-respected FantasyPros project him as the WR2 behind Pollard, in part because he was so effective as a receiving RB.
Relative to the salaries of the other RBs (Jones, Davis and Dowdle), Vaughn's salary is in the ballpark with theirs.

Synopsis
Adding Campbell is tempting. But WR is not a priority for me. Quite honestly, neither is RB.
In my sky-blue world, of these 4, I envision Tucker as a hidden gem first.
Vaughn is next.
Then Campbell.
Leaving Malik Davis last.

would love to see Deuce V get some meaningful snaps with DAL but a lot would have to fall right for that to happen.

DAL "traded up"...they took him with a compensatory pick at the end of the 6th round, and I'd wager a good amount that his dad being a coach for DAL had more to do with them drafting him 215th overall than him being a diamond in the rough

but with that being said, the little bit of his college highlight tape that I watched was fun. always gotta root for the small/quick/shifty guy, especially after how much fun it was watching Sproles for LAC/NO and today's game does lend itself to be much more friendly for undersized builds at WR/RB than ever before.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard not to make Sproles comparisons, especially given the KState connection.

I tell ya though, the Sproles, the Woodheads, the Ekelers (ESPECIALLY the Ekelers) are very few and very far between. It can certainly happen, the odds are just really long.

And when it comes to 'dominating in college', given the Big12 having ne semblance of defense across the board, I take all those numbers with a huge grain of salt. In the Big12 as a RB, you'd better be close to 2000 yards rushing to be taken seriously as 'dominating', cuz the entire conference is just video game craziness

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tarik Cohen was a little guy (5-6) and he was fantasy relevant catching passes.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would love to see Deuce V get some meaningful snaps with DAL but a lot would have to fall right for that to happen.

DAL "traded up"...they took him with a compensatory pick at the end of the 6th round, and I'd wager a good amount that his dad being a coach for DAL had more to do with them drafting him 215th overall than him being a diamond in the rough

but with that being said, the little bit of his college highlight tape that I watched was fun. always gotta root for the small/quick/shifty guy, especially after how much fun it was watching Sproles for LAC/NO and today's game does lend itself to be much more friendly for undersized builds at WR/RB than ever before.

but doesnt it hurt him that he is one?? what i mean, isnt pollard a small back who is not known to get the short yardage... if vaughan is the backup then how much can he really spell pollard?? not gonna be a third down guy over pollard...

so he really needs pollard to go down so he can get a similar role to what pollard has had in the past with Zeke as the "number one"

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but doesnt it hurt him that he is one?? what i mean, isnt pollard a small back who is not known to get the short yardage... if vaughan is the backup then how much can he really spell pollard?? not gonna be a third down guy over pollard...

so he really needs pollard to go down so he can get a similar role to what pollard has had in the past with Zeke as the "number one"

1) Pollard is listed at 6'/209lbs, while not a thumper, he's not a small RB either
2) did you read the first sentence in my post?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tarik Cohen was a little guy (5-6) and he was fantasy relevant catching passes.
true, but his relevance was entirely PPR based and very short lived.
Wonder if he gets a shot somewhere or if he ever comes back from the injuries? Torn ACL, MCL, and Tibia fracture, then an Achilles tear, harsh. He would be an example of the reason guys like Deuce Vaughn fall in the draft..talent is there, no question, but that size, more often than not they get just destroyed, quickly, and are done. Hard to make real investments in those dudes, especially the 50/50 nature of anyone's college game translating to the pro game to begin with.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, but his relevance was entirely PPR based and very short lived.
Wonder if he gets a shot somewhere or if he ever comes back from the injuries? Torn ACL, MCL, and Tibia fracture, then an Achilles tear, harsh. He would be an example of the reason guys like Deuce Vaughn fall in the draft..talent is there, no question, but that size, more often than not they get just destroyed, quickly, and are done. Hard to make real investments in those dudes, especially the 50/50 nature of anyone's college game translating to the pro game to begin with.
I did write up the risks of undersized RB when i lamented CEH.
Maybe Vaughn is only gonna be relavant for a short 2-year stint. But there arent too many RB that last any longer. Injuries, bad seasons, are incoming rookies shorten the relevance of a lot of RB.

Some owners burn up a bench spot waiting 2 years for a guy to come around.