• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JJ McCarthy

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best trait JJ possesses is accuracy, accuracy on the run. He can keep his eyes downfield while rolling out. So Russell Wilson in Seattle...don't hate me.

So that is definitely a great trait for a NFL QB. Problem is we rarely got to see it at the college level. Can he be consistent and carry an offense in NFL? Again, we didn't even see it in college so what proof do we have realistically. He was essentially a game manager on a loaded team. I watched him quite a bit and even against Ohio St. Kinda the same overall point. He made some ridiculous throws, very accurate, on the move...a couple flashes. They won the game bc of their defense and running game.

Stats aren't everything BUT:
He threw for 300 yards 3 times in his career.
He attempted 30+ passes 6 times in his career.

The game you really look at where they asked him to takeover the game is the TCU game in the 2022 CFP. 20-34 340 yards 2 TD's and 2 INT's
The Bama game this past year they literally left the flats open all game. One of his best games of his career but there were a lot of dump offs where guys run.
The Washington game was pretty unimpressive other than a couple of scramble run and extended plays.

He could very well be a solid QB and he might actually be the safer pick to succeed from the start but I believe his ceiling is lower. So I think there is a big risk with this big unknown especially at #12.