• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JJ McCarthy

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two months out from the draft and the pick that seems popular at the moment is McCarthy, Michigan QB.

Thumbs up or down if he is the Broncos 2024 pick at #12?

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite QB in the draft ... I would be ecstatic, not just for his on-field abilities, but from everything I have read, he has a lot going from him from the neck up .... He's admitted to and has worked to overcome depression, he meditates and he comes across as a grounded, smart guy ... the human aspect in this process should not be underestimated ..

Guys who succeed on the field often have overcome and succeeded off the field

I have a feeling McCarthy could fall like Drew Lock did .. but I would be fine taking him at 12 ... He's worth that pick IMHO for a number of reasons

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thumbs down, guys.

I think he will be a solid career backup.....but not a starter worth being taken that high.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thumbs down, guys.

I think he will be a solid career backup.....but not a starter worth being taken that high.
Is that said coming in the best interest of the Raiders or Broncos ;)

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that said coming in the best interest of the Raiders or Broncos ;)
The Broncos.

The Raiders just released Jimmy G and have about 50 million in cap space. Think we are making a run at one of the better FA QB's available.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ McCarthy seems like the perennial QB that will shoot to the top few picks of the first round by the time the draft gets here. I don’t know if that bodes well for his nfl career or not, but he might not be there at 12.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two months out from the draft and the pick that seems popular at the moment is McCarthy, Michigan QB.

Thumbs up or down if he is the Broncos 2024 pick at #12?
I would take Bo Nix over him as I have been saying. I don't have anything negative to say about McCarthy.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him, and that’s not a good thing. I’m rarely right
That’s not true , you’ve had some LBs that you loved that have turned out to be pretty good. Parsons comes to mind.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not true , you’ve had some LBs that you loved that have turned out to be pretty good. Parsons comes to mind.
And Rolando McClain. McCarthy is doomed.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at #12 as I think there is just too many questions. I think there are two, maybe three QB's with first round grades and McCarthy isn't one of those. I do really like his story and poise but Michigan's offense didn't really allow him to show that he is an NFL QB. He was a game manager with a stacked team in College so hard to tell. He has a good arm, made solid decisions and is pretty athletic so I wouldn't be totally surprised if he turns into an Ok QB.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at #12 as I think there is just too many questions. I think there are two, maybe three QB's with first round grades and McCarthy isn't one of those. I do really like his story and poise but Michigan's offense didn't really allow him to show that he is an NFL QB. He was a game manager with a stacked team in College so hard to tell. He has a good arm, made solid decisions and is pretty athletic so I wouldn't be totally surprised if he turns into an Ok QB.
Here is my guess: if we want him, we will need to trade up to #10 to get him before Vikings do.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't bet the under on 4 first round qbs being taken. In fact, I wouldn't bet the under on 3 in the top 8.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't bet the under on 4 first round qbs being taken. In fact, I wouldn't bet the under on 3 in the top 8.
I think this is true and I think it has become a trend. The pressure to draft a top college QB comes hard from fans - and the 5 contract option is also enticing on both tying up a QB and limiting your losses if the choice goes Ka-bluie.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter how many are taken as most bust anyway and it doesn't mean they have first round grades. People talk themselves into QB's. I remember how many wanted the Broncos to take Fields when we took PS2 and honestly the Broncos made the right decision there. I just hope Payton doesn't talk himself into JJ or Nix or Penix, but that he really truly sees something he wholeheartedly believes can make them special if he takes a QB.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter how many are taken as most bust anyway and it doesn't mean they have first round grades. People talk themselves into QB's. I remember how many wanted the Broncos to take Fields when we took PS2 and honestly the Broncos made the right decision there. I just hope Payton doesn't talk himself into JJ or Nix or Penix, but that he really truly sees something he wholeheartedly believes can make them special if he takes a QB.
I think it does matter, because if they can't get the qb they want, other people taking a qb or another player of need pushes higher quality players down to us at 12. And possibly further, which could allow us to trade back if a guy they want can be had further down.

I'm encouraged that Paton rarely has a high rd pick that people consider a reach. In fact more often its the opposite. Something we rarely said about Elway or his predecessor. Im also encouraged with his late round pick ability.

I think overall we both want the same thing; the best fit for the team regardless of position.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him, and that’s not a good thing. I’m rarely right
That is NOT true !!!

You were right on with Aaron Donald and, if memory serves, you predicted the enormous success of both the Pacer and Gremlin when you were like 3 years old !!

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it does matter, because if they can't get the qb they want, other people taking a qb or another player of need pushes higher quality players down to us at 12. And possibly further, which could allow us to trade back if a guy they want can be had further down.

I'm encouraged that Paton rarely has a high rd pick that people consider a reach. In fact more often its the opposite. Something we rarely said about Elway or his predecessor. Im also encouraged with his late round pick ability.

I think overall we both want the same thing; the best fit for the team regardless of position.
Marcus Davenport in 2018 was quite a reach and didn't pan out. They gave up quite a bit to move up for him and people were shocked as he really didn't have a high first round grade, but otherwise that is true that Payton hasn't really reached.