• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Carter in trouble

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be expected, that DL is pretty deep.

Yah... I mean... I graded Witherspoon an F. I wanted Carter at #5 even with the issues. I get Seattle is a very different defense than Philly and does not have the DL depth but whatever. Thank God Reed just had a shin injury because if he got an injury that put him out for the season RIP Seattle's DL (Reed has played amazing this year).

That said, I have to eat crow at this point (through 3 games played lol) on Witherspoon because he does look the part. That said, I'd still rather have Carter.

Getting a once in a generation DT is in generally no way comparable to a corner. I get DBs are getting more value as the passing game becomes the focus of the NFL, but DBs are routinely traded, released, etc. Elite/HOF (and no I'm not calling Carter a HOFer at the moment) DTs/DEs/OTs/QBs are rarely if ever traded until basically their career is on the back burner.

I'm getting fairly annoyed with the "Seattle fans can shut the F up finally about Witherspoon over Carter!" comments on this forum and various sites. Uh... no?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,306.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a stud....should have drafted him instead of fucking Wilson.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a stud....should have drafted him instead of fucking Wilson.

Thought you guys were going to draft him. I remember saying aloud when the pick was in, "Here goes Carter!" (mind you I graded Witherspoon an F and wanted Carter - but Witherspoon has been pulling his weight so it softens the blow). When you guys announced Wilson I was scratching my head.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,306.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought you guys were going to draft him. I remember saying aloud when the pick was in, "Here goes Carter!" (mind you I graded Witherspoon an F and wanted Carter - but Witherspoon has been pulling his weight so it softens the blow). When you guys announced Wilson I was scratching my head.
He played better this past weekend but coming off that injury....it's almost like we won't know till the 2nd half of this season or early next season.

I wanted Carter or heck even Gonzalez....yes I know he just got hurt but our secondary still could use some help.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are so dumb

I dont want the piece of shit.......Id rather lose than win with a waste of human skin like him......

Im glad you people think that foitball is more important than human life.....

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want the piece of shit.......Id rather lose than win with a waste of human skin like him......

Im glad you people think that foitball is more important than human life.....
He didn’t kill anybody. He was young and dumb and he did things that young and dumb people do. It doesn’t make him a piece of shit. You can have the last word. I already know what you’re gonna say. Tell yourself whatever you need to in order to come to grips with the fact that the pride and joy of George Halas is now a go nowhere poorly ran trash can. You want to talk piece of shit? In the dictionary next to piece of shit is the orange black of the Chicago Bears.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn’t kill anybody. He was young and dumb and he did things that young and dumb people do. It doesn’t make him a piece of shit. You can have the last word. I already know what you’re gonna say. Tell yourself whatever you need to in order to come to grips with the fact that the pride and joy of George Halas is now a go nowhere poorly ran trash can. You want to talk piece of shit? In the dictionary next to piece of shit is the orange black of the Chicago Bears.

I’m certainly very lucky and blessed I didn’t kill anyone during my 20s. That I know of

Didn’t watch the Rams game today but I saw we stalled on offense in the 2nd half. Looks like our D was ok

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and yeah the Bears are dumb. Goes back to trubs but yes Carter is what they needed.

Make the Bears D great again

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m certainly very lucky and blessed I didn’t kill anyone during my 20s. That I know of

Didn’t watch the Rams game today but I saw we stalled on offense in the 2nd half. Looks like our D was ok
Eagles very poor finishing drives. Eagles defense found stuff in the 2nd half. Eagles controlled time of possession

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Carter had 2 sacks and 2 TFLs

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and yeah the Bears are dumb. Goes back to trubs but yes Carter is what they needed.

Make the Bears D great again
If you think it only goes back to trubs, you didn’t pay attention.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen doing decent so far, but we gotta wait 2-3 years and see where he’s at…

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It looked like the Eagles just manhandled the Rams and wore them down physically. Not sure how Eagles fans see it but I really don't like all those designed QB runs in the red zone with Hurts. I like the kid and he's strong and talented but running him into a mass of defenders seems a little reckless when he's your franchise QB. At the moment, the Eagles haven't even played their best ball and are still dominant. Looking forward to them and the Niners matching up.
As for your Rams, I posted before the season that I thought they would be competitive despite the lack of depth. But they look like a team that could possibly be in the WC conversation at the end of the year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is weird? I thought he was lazy and didn’t care about being great. Hmmm…weird

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is weird? I thought he was lazy and didn’t care about being great. Hmmm…weird

The mind fuck that comes with ditching your friends to die in a car wreck will probably set anyone back. I always wondered why people dinged him for showing up to the combine 9 lbs overweight given the circumstances.