• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Carter in trouble

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mind fuck that comes with ditching your friends to die in a car wreck will probably set anyone back. I always wondered why people dinged him for showing up to the combine 9 lbs overweight given the circumstances.
Crazy that people still put the blame on Carter for that night.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy that people still put the blame on Carter for that night.
Well, he was street racing and didn’t do the right thing when everything went haywire, so he deserves SOME blame. I’m not going blame him completely for their deaths, the deceased had way more control over their fate. I will say that you probably have to worry more about Jalen Carter slipping up after the Eagles disband for the off-season than you do while the team is active.

• Boring
Reactions: ill

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't get past the Seahawks at 5
I still feel that the Hawks made a mistake...

WItherspoon is helping a bit in terms of moving on from Carter but I still believe it wasn't the right decision... Especially with DL being our biggest need... Although, our DL has been playing better the past few games so it's hard to rip the org for passing on Carter at this time...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he was street racing and didn’t do the right thing when everything went haywire, so he deserves SOME blame. I’m not going blame him completely for their deaths, the deceased had way more control over their fate. I will say that you probably have to worry more about Jalen Carter slipping up after the Eagles disband for the off-season than you do while the team is active.
I don't think there is anything to worry about there.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WItherspoon is helping a bit in terms of moving on from Carter but I still believe it wasn't the right decision... Especially with DL being our biggest need... Although, our DL has been playing better the past few games so it's hard to rip the org for passing on Carter at this time...
Jarren Reed has been great for us thus far. I think the hawks thought that, short term, Carter wasn't a massive need. Witherspoon looks to be amazing thus far so I'm perfectly fine with the move. If anything. We should have traded up to also get Carter, but I'm perfectly fine with how the draft shook out for us

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, time will tell. Obviously would have loved that talent up front but not really able to know the thought process. Sometimes it's more about how the players fit into a culture and team concept. If Witherspoon ends up being the difference maker we see signs of and has a career like Ronde Barber, I won't complain. A long way to go before we know if it was the right move and too many variables even then to be sure.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarren Reed has been great for us thus far. I think the hawks thought that, short term, Carter wasn't a massive need. Witherspoon looks to be amazing thus far so I'm perfectly fine with the move. If anything. We should have traded up to also get Carter, but I'm perfectly fine with how the draft shook out for us
So am I! The league letting Carter slip to the Eagles was a godsend.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how good Witherspoon is, but the Bears got a RT that looks very good. If Jalen Carter pans out, he will be the best defensive player in the league. Everyone that passed on him will regret it if he plays a long career for Philly.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of Jalen Carter having the best film in the draft, Devon Witherspoon probably had the 2nd best film. I think thats a mostly justifiable pick even if it ends up being the wrong one. Carter should've gone pick 5 or 6 at the latest, though. Arizona trading down and still getting Carter would've been an all-time great draft move.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL depth would be my only concern really. So far, they have held up pretty well and the run D has been much better than it was the past couple of years. Bringing J.R. back was a solid move.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of Jalen Carter having the best film in the draft, Devon Witherspoon probably had the 2nd best film. I think thats a mostly justifiable pick even if it ends up being the wrong one. Carter should've gone pick 5 or 6 at the latest, though. Arizona trading down and still getting Carter would've been an all-time great draft move.
The bears taking him at 9 would’ve been draft mastery. I’m being unfair. I don’t know who that 4th round pick they traded Carter for will be.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bears taking him at 9 would’ve been draft mastery. I’m being unfair. I don’t know who that 4th round pick they traded Carter for will be.
It would have but its also pretty clear that the Bears were focusing on the offensive side of the ball. The fact that you grabbed Carolina's best player and have their pick next year is nutty. I imagine your GM will get more flak for the Claypool trade

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have but its also pretty clear that the Bears were focusing on the offensive side of the ball. The fact that you grabbed Carolina's best player and have their pick next year is nutty. I imagine your GM will get more flak for the Claypool trade
Yeah... The Bears needed quantity so that trade made sense... I think they made out quite well if they hit w/ their picks...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... The Bears needed quantity so that trade made sense... I think they made out quite well if they hit w/ their picks...
I think they also wanted offense. No more excuses for Fields. Just enough weapons to get an honest evaluation. Figure out the defense next year.

I know its too soon but looking at who went above Carter, you have Will Anderson, Devon Witherspoon, Bijan Robinson and Darnell Wright who have looked good. Tyree Wilson and Paris Johnson haven't. Its early, though, but you're almost certain to have a couple of teams regretting on passing him up.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was awful. The player drafted with that pick is Porter jr and he’s killing it.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey if you want to sit around and wait for this kid to fuck up off the field just so you can say "I told you so", be my guest.

you will be waiting a while.

and while you do that, he will be racking up sacks for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey if you want to sit around and wait for this kid to fuck up off the field just so you can say "I told you so", be my guest.

you will be waiting a while.

and while you do that, he will be racking up sacks for the Philadelphia Eagles.
I’m not. I hope he succeeds. I have never said I wanted him to fail. Which brings us back to you “thinking”.