• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's being reported the receiver who caught the most TD's in 2012 will be signing with the Packers

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played for 7 seasons with the Packers and led the Raiders in pass receptions last year. The reason he was cut by the Giants is because he requested it so he could sign with Green Bay. Jones is a quality WR.

That is not why he was released by the Giants. He was released by the Giants for 2 reasons: 1st was that he was not good enough to gather a top 4 receiver position on the team. 2nd, Coughlin likes the bottom receivers to be able to play special teams and Jones can not do that.

Do you actually think that he was worthy of a quality spot on the Giants, and they just decided to HELP THE PACKERS FOR NO REASON? You can't be that stupid.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Aaron distributes the ball around, I really don't have any expectations for any individual receiver. I just want him to catch the balls thrown to him that are catchable, and get as many yards afterwards as possible.

What I like about this signing is that he is a known commodity to Rodgers. Jones knows the system, he knows where Rodgers wants a receiver to be after the play breaks down, and he knows how to signal Rodgers if he knows he's going to beat his man off the line of scrimmage.

It's those little nuances that only come with experience that will make Jones valuable in this system again. There's a reason why TT didn't target Reggie Wayne in free agency, but made a bee line for Jones when he became available.

Wayne is too old though for any system at this point.

Will anyone pick up Miles White? I heard he had a great preseason for the Packers but they had to release him to sign Jones.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wayne is too old though for any system at this point.

Will anyone pick up Miles White? I heard he had a great preseason for the Packers but they had to release him to sign Jones.

Based on his preseason performance, I would be surprised if no team gave White a tryout.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 lol

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad I was able to get him on my fantasy team. The year Jones lead the NFL in TDs was the year Jordy missed a bunch of the season with a bad Hammy.

4 catches for 51 yards and 2 TDS. Would have had a 3rd if not for blatant interference.

Not sure if Jordy would have done that today.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit

What a performance by Jones. Based on just today's performance, it was a steal signing him to a 1 yr deal

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears might have won if it wasn't for Jones.

His 1st TD on 3rd down gave them 4 extra points. His great extention catch on 3rd down late in the 3rd prevented a 3 and out and led to a touchdown.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add to this, by the Packers not signing James Jones before last season, they got a compensatory pick which allowed them to draft TE Kennard Beckham. Now they have Jones back on the roster for league minimum and a TE they can develop. Win-win!

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to mention that I call bull shit on this entire thread. How in the hell can anybody here begrudge a man from making the best living he can get? The Giants cut him because he wasn't good enough, sure he wasn't, that stellar performance tonight from the Giants receivers showed us all how great they are, right?

In all honesty, the man can play and anybody that says otherwise is either blind or a moron. I'm also somewhat conflicted by the Packers signing him. I was hoping they'd develop the younger guys they have on the roster and also make Rodgers use the entire skill group instead of relying on an old fall back. Don't take that the wrong way, I like having him as a safety net, but am still hoping they work these young guys into the game plan and make it a bit more wide open.