• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd rather have Tristan or Whiteside Poll

Take Your Pick

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Whiteside hurt? Why is he getting paid $24 to sit the bench?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how many more games you win if JR/Love/Korver score a combined 28 points.
Other then FT's, did Tristan make a shot from more then 2 feet from the basket?
Turner was awful.
JV is a big, mean dude.
He'll eat Tristan alive.

Pretty sure Tristan has played against JV the last two years and he has done fine

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"one decent game" cmon now.

its game 7. Its showing up in the playoffs.

Whiteside couldnt get off the bench- and even when he did get opportunities his production was dismal.

When TT got his chance he made it so that Lue couldnt take him out since he was producing.

Without TT's performance yesterday the Cavs very well could be done for and at home fishing like the Heat.

One guy stepped up and helped his team pull out a big Game 7. The other guy failed to help his team and then complained about his playing time after the game.

We all know which guy did what. As i have said time and time again- TT is a guy that helps you win games. Whiteside is a complainer that puts up empty stats. Those Game 7's could not have been a more perfect crystallization of that.

"He was producing" :L

He had 15 points and 10 rebounds. Something a guy earning $16m a year should be AVERAGING, not do once every two months.

If he was such a fantastic player, where was he the rest of the series?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Tristan is taking many shots from farther than 2 feet from the basket he should be benched.

He did what I had been saying all series we needed---- I just thought it would be from Nance---- a guy that sets a pick and can then roll to the basket with LeBron and finish.

Tristan played solid D, gave the Cavs extra possessions, and was a threat rolling to the basket. If he can do those 3 things he can be a very solid piece like he was for quite a few postseason series in the last few years.

I am just impressed that when they needed him- in Game 7, he came up with one of the biggest games of his career.

He MADE Ty Lue keep him in the game. I think I read that his 35 minutes were the MOST minutes he played in a single game the entire season. I am sure that was not the plan going in, but his play dictated he stay in.

If he did not step up like he did the Cavs very well might be having a REALLY REALLY bad day today.

Whiteside couldnt get off the bench- and even when he did get opportunities his production was dismal.

When TT got his chance he made it so that Lue couldnt take him out since he was producing.

Without TT's performance yesterday the Cavs very well could be done for and at home fishing like the Heat.

One guy stepped up and helped his team pull out a big Game 7. The other guy failed to help his team and then complained about his playing time after the game.

We all know which guy did what. As i have said time and time again- TT is a guy that helps you win games. Whiteside is a complainer that puts up empty stats. Those Game 7's could not have been a more perfect crystallization of that.

Pretty sure Tristan has played against JV the last two years and he has done fine

Easy to simplify.
Tristan had the type of game, he SHOULD have.
Last I looked, if James ‘only’ scores 40, the Cavs lose.
If LeBron bolts, Tristan will become as irrelevant as irrelevant can be.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to simplify.

Meh the Cavs knew what kind of player he was when they signed him. I think everyone knows the contract was bad from the start but this game is just a reflection of what he did for them in the past and why he is worth something close to that deal. He can’t really be productive with Lue sitting him. It’s the first game he has played over 15 minutes in the playoffs. He hasn’t even played 30+ minutes since January 21st and he had 10 and 10.

You can’t do much if you aren’t playing or dealing with injuries. Plain and simple

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question isn’t why is Tristan not playing, which is for a number of reasons: injuries, Lue being and idiot, etc....why is Whiteside playing 15 minutes a game while getting $24 mil a year. Foul trouble? If Tristan can keep this up the rest of the playoffs and Lue actually give him minutes I will still take his contract over Whiteside. Whiteside can’t stay on the court, even if he is more productive.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to simplify.
"should have"....lol

if Tristan averaged 15 and 10 every game and played that kind of defense hed be under all star consideration.

Tristan is not about stats- he is about making winning plays- giving the team more possessions, playing good pick and roll defense, throwing vicious picks and rolling to the basket to occupy a defender.

Whiteside is about himself and his minutes and his stats. He could not have made that more clear by his own comments.

Ty Lue gave Tristan the start--- if Tristan had committed a bunch of fouls and looked out of shape and disinterested like Whieisde looked against Philly- Tristan would ahve gotten an early hook--- instead he looked motivated and he produced and he ended up playing a season high 35 minutes.

Whiteside got 10 first half minutes against hte Sixers in GAme 7 - but committed 3 fouls in 10 minutes and had a turnover and that play led to him being stapled to the bench the rest of the game.

Where Tristan produced and never complained about playing time- never complained that he - as a former starter on a championship team was all of a sudden gettign no minutes.

Think about that--- Tristan had double doubles in two of the last 3 finals the Cavs made- was the starter on an nba championship team- should be in the middle of his prime- was benched- and you never heard a peep out of him.

When his number was called he produced. Whiteside complained about his PT and when his number was called he failed and complained more about his PT.

thats the difference. One is a guy that puts the team ahead of himself. The other is a guy that puts himself ahead of the team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"should have"....lol

if Tristan averaged 15 and 10 every game and played that kind of defense hed be under all star consideration.

Tristan is not about stats- he is about making winning plays- giving the team more possessions, playing good pick and roll defense, throwing vicious picks and rolling to the basket to occupy a defender.

Whiteside is about himself and his minutes and his stats. He could not have made that more clear by his own comments.

Ty Lue gave Tristan the start--- if Tristan had committed a bunch of fouls and looked out of shape and disinterested like Whieisde looked against Philly- Tristan would ahve gotten an early hook--- instead he looked motivated and he produced and he ended up playing a season high 35 minutes.

Whiteside got 10 first half minutes against hte Sixers in GAme 7 - but committed 3 fouls in 10 minutes and had a turnover and that play led to him being stapled to the bench the rest of the game.

Where Tristan produced and never complained about playing time- never complained that he - as a former starter on a championship team was all of a sudden gettign no minutes.

Think about that--- Tristan had double doubles in two of the last 3 finals the Cavs made- was the starter on an nba championship team- should be in the middle of his prime- was benched- and you never heard a peep out of him.

When his number was called he produced. Whiteside complained about his PT and when his number was called he failed and complained more about his PT.

thats the difference. One is a guy that puts the team ahead of himself. The other is a guy that puts himself ahead of the team.

What are you saying? We need more details.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question isn’t why is Tristan not playing, which is for a number of reasons: injuries, Lue being and idiot, etc....why is Whiteside playing 15 minutes a game while getting $24 mil a year. Foul trouble? If Tristan can keep this up the rest of the playoffs and Lue actually give him minutes I will still take his contract over Whiteside. Whiteside can’t stay on the court, even if he is more productive.
you never heard a WORD of Tristan whining about his playing time despite being a starter on an NBA championship team. He kept his mouth shut- waited for his opportunity, and then produced when called upon in the biggest game of the year.

Whiteside complained about his playing time- wasnt ready when called upon- did not perform in the biggeset game of the Heats year- and then complained more about his playing time.

As i said above- one guy puts puts the team before himself- one guy puts himself before the team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you never heard a WORD of Tristan whining about his playing time despite being a starter on an NBA championship team. He kept his mouth shut- waited for his opportunity, and then produced when called upon in the biggest game of the year.

Whiteside complained about his playing time- wasnt ready when called upon- did not perform in the biggeset game of the Heats year- and then complained more about his playing time.

As i said above- one guy puts puts the team before himself- one guy puts himself before the team.

So tristan is the better player because he has 'heart'?

If he cared that much he wouldn't have accepted a $82m contract that's pretty much crippled the cavs' salary cap.

Unless you think that $16m a year for 6ppg and 6rpg has actually 'helped' the team?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As we all know, James likes the court spread.
Teams try to prepare to defend against that.
Tristan can basically hang around the rim unattended collecting junk.
The Heat won 2 championships with players like U.D., Chris Anderson, Joel Anthony, etc.. playing the same role.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both are shit players

Whiteside was a league leader the previous 2 seasons.
This year, some good moments, some bad moments and lots of missed games do to injury.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat president Pat Riley said that Hassan Whiteside wasn't ready "mentally or physically" for the playoffs.

"There's no doubt he was in a bad state in the playoffs," Riley said. "I'm not going to give him any kind of excuse." Riley backed up coach Erik Spoelstra's decision to bench Whiteside during the playoffs, but said he's willing to be the "intervener" for that relationship if necessary. This will one of the most intriguing storylines to follow this summer and it wouldn't be a surprise to see the big man moved. "He's going to have to do something to change, because he's a hell of a player," Riley added.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat president Pat Riley said that Hassan Whiteside wasn't ready "mentally or physically" for the playoffs.

"There's no doubt he was in a bad state in the playoffs," Riley said. "I'm not going to give him any kind of excuse." Riley backed up coach Erik Spoelstra's decision to bench Whiteside during the playoffs, but said he's willing to be the "intervener" for that relationship if necessary. This will one of the most intriguing storylines to follow this summer and it wouldn't be a surprise to see the big man moved. "He's going to have to do something to change, because he's a hell of a player," Riley added.
lol..of course he had to make excuses

what was he gonna say? yah- i fucked up on this one--- dudes trade value has tanked and theres nothing i can do about it---anyone want to take 52M to sit on the bench for the next 2 years?

if Riley is lucky he will find a taker and not have to take back too much poop.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol..of course he had to make excuses

what was he gonna say? yah- i fucked up on this one--- dudes trade value has tanked and theres nothing i can do about it---anyone want to take 52M to sit on the bench for the next 2 years?

if Riley is lucky he will find a taker and not have to take back too much poop.

Can you read.
He said he wasn't making any excuses for him.
WTF you talking about?

And, please, sit on the bench for the next 2 years.

Yes, teams know what a force he can be and sometimes go small to try to force him out the game, but that is just now part of the game.
In addition, the Heat has other viable options.
The Cavs have Kendrick Perkins.

I'm pretty sure there will always be a place in the league for players who can lead the league in rebounding, blocks, etc..

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raps have the advantage at PG, SG, and C.

They have the better bench.

And while Casey has made some questionable coaching decisions, I think he's a better coach than Lue.

Think the Raps finally overcome their demons vs the Cavs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you read.
He said he wasn't making any excuses for him.
WTF you talking about?

And, please, sit on the bench for the next 2 years.

Yes, teams know what a force he can be and sometimes go small to try to force him out the game, but that is just now part of the game.
In addition, the Heat has other viable options.
The Cavs have Kendrick Perkins.

I'm pretty sure there will always be a place in the league for players who can lead the league in rebounding, blocks, etc..
lol, he wasnt ognna make excuses- but he made excuses....i mean thats exactly how that goes...

Im not gonna make excuses.....but....

I can do the same thing for Kevin Love's shit play in the first round...

Im not gonna make excuses, but.....he did hurt his hand......

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, he wasnt ognna make excuses- but he made excuses....i mean thats exactly how that goes...

Im not gonna make excuses.....but....

I can do the same thing for Kevin Love's shit play in the first round...

Im not gonna make excuses, but.....he did hurt his hand......

Riley didn’t mention any injury.
Not sure what excuse you think you are seeing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley didn’t mention any injury.
Not sure what excuse you think you are seeing.
"I'm not going to give him any kind of excuse," Riley said. "But (Whiteside's) season started with an injury, and all year long there was a dilemma of some kind."

"By the time we got to the playoffs, I don't think he was ready," Riley said Monday, six days after the Heat were eliminated by the Sixers in five games. "He wasn't in great shape. He wasn't fully conditioned for a playoff battle mentally. He and we got our heads handed to us."

So- which is it? Was he not in great shape and mentally weak because hes just generally not in great shape and mentally weak or because of an injury, or, as I am prone to think, little bit of A, little bit of B?

Tyson Chandler's expiring deal, TJ Warren and a 2nd round pick would be a great haul. Prob more than could be expected