• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd rather have Tristan or Whiteside Poll

Take Your Pick

• Total voters

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really a no brainer, but let's see the stats.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boban

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mosgov! :pound:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damjan Rudez I feel it's a no brainer

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you even image....

you get drafted into the NBA- you get cut by the Kings- not because you are not a great athlete and cant make it in the league. You get cut because you are an asshole.

You go around the world and play in every podunk league in every podunk country out there.

You FINALLY get another shot in the NBA. You get the chance to play with Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh- you get a chance to potentially makes tens of millions of dollars- and you do stuff like this: He gets ejected for shoving an opposing player- taking a cheap shot at him. At a time when the team is fighting for a playoff spot and they are short handed.

With the team fighting for a playoff spot, they need all the bodies they can get. That's especially the case when it comes to Whiteside, who has been a revelation this season in Miami. While the big man struggled before the ejection, that doesn't mean he couldn't have helped lead a comeback.

B_tHytNUsAAafC_.jpg

this is the type of idiot you are dealing with. The type that gets a second chance, and sabotages their team. Who cares more about his stats. Who gets in twitter fights with reporters. Who gets called out by his teammates for babying his injuries. THIS is the guy you want to go to war with - and try and win a title with? IMPOSSIBLE.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Whiteside is a whiney bitch but yeah id take him over Tristan.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy can write an entire trilogy on this subject but it won't matter. Whiteside >>>> Thompson and it's not close.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not saying it does- im not saying Whiteside is bad- im just saying- hes definitely not a tier 1 center- and because of the way he plays and how its hard for him to fit in modern systems, hes gonna find himself out of place a lot of times---- plus- im sorry- a big part of it is this guy just seems to be an idiot. Guys like Valunciunas, and Gobert- who have worked their asses of forever and dont complain or brag on twitter, or post weird shit, or whatever....there are just SOO many guys if i were a team i would rather trust a large part of my payroll with.

Tristan Thompson has played in the most consecutive games in the league- over 330. He never gets hurts. He always plays. He was drafted as high as he was in large part because he has an A+ work ethic and attitude. He can play PF and he can play C and he can play both well. He will never complain about his role or not getting the ball. He stepped up when it mattered and proved the moment wasnt too big for him when he played great in the playoffs.

He is a valuable modern big because he can switch defensively and guard multiple positions, show hard on the pick and roll and get back to his guy, and can guard out to the three point line- things that if you cant do as a big in the modern NBA you are going to find yourself on the bench for large stretches of games- He has developed a nice pick and roll game and actually draws a decent amount of attention when he roles to the hoop with how successful alley oops have been to him- particularly from Delly. He is of course one of the very best rebounders in the NBA- and is constantly drawing fouls and outworking guys for offensive boards.
He is a guy you can absolutely give a big contract to and never once worry if he is going to work to earn it.

Contrast that with a guy like Whiteside. Who you constantly have to babysit. Who is constantly just acting like a fool- whether its REALLY stupid stuff like last year shoving guys and getting suspended, or this year- arguing in the press with reporters, posting the weirdest shit to the internet, http://deadspin.com/hassan-whiteside-on-his-monster-triple-double-aint-no-1753346150 right here it talks about how a week ago WAde and Bosh were subtetly calling out Whiteside for babying his injuries, . This is something that would NEVER EVER EEEEEEEEEEEEVER happen with Tristan Thompson.

The numbers have shown thus far that the Heat play better defense without Whiteside- the counter to this is 10 games from last month. REALLY? When you have a guy like Whiteside- who cant switch, who cant get out to the 3 pt line, who cant show hard on a high pick and roll you have a problem. Your defense is going to be out of whack.

Offensively is where Whiteside has room to grow- but right now- besides offensive put backs and dunks in the pick and roll- he is worthless. He is one of the least efficient post players in the entire NBA. He cant pass. He cant shoot outside of 15 feet. How do your an offense with a big that cant post up, cant shoot, and cant pass. Its basically playing 4 on 5. No wonder the opposition can just clog the middle and DWades points are severely down when he is on the court.

YES- the guy does some things VERY VERY WELL- he blocks a lot of shots, and rebounds the ball a lot. Those are good things. I never said they werent- but when you measure the whole package- when you have a big that cant switch, that cant go out to the 3 pt line, that cant show hard ona high pick and roll- in todays NBA you have a problem.

I will take the guy that

A. shows up every day rain or shine, hurt or not
B. has a reputation for a great work ethic and attitude, as opposed to a poor work ethic and an attitude that got him black balled for multiple years
C. who has proven he can not only handle the playoffs- but excel in them when the moments get big
D. that has the versatility to play multiple positions
E. that you will never worry about getting lazy after getting his big deal. this is a HUGE DEAL I think.
F. A guy that does not need to get babysat, who doesn't engage in an obscenity filled twitter war with reporters when he gets criticized
G. A guy who doesn't run to twitter to brag about his stats like a little kid- a guy who is an ACTUAL professional
H. A guy that can switch on defense and stay with a guard for a little while, or follow a good shooting big out to the 3 pt line, or show hard and disrupt a pick and roll- instead of having to taken out of the game because the opposing teams lineup dictates you need to sit because you are a liability.
I. A guy that does not get tossed out of games because he loses his cool and cheap shots the opposition.

Holy fuck Wiggy, are you serious right now? You need to calm down and not take this too serious. This is an internet message board, not a presidential debate. This must have taken you a good hour to write down.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck Wiggy, are you serious right now? You need to calm down and not take this too serious. This is an internet message board, not a presidential debate. This must have taken you a good hour to write down.
The more things stay the same, the less they change. :lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take the guy that

That's just dumb. He's been healthy. If any player gets injured, they can't play sometimes. Ask Kyrie/Love.

B. has a reputation for a great work ethic and attitude, as opposed to a poor work ethic and an attitude that got him black balled for multiple years

Whiteside did 1 very dumb thing, apologized for it, said it wouldn't happen again, and it hasn't.
You rip Whiteside, but praise JR. Hasn't he let his teams down by doing stupid things and being suspended in the playoffs?

C. who has proven he can not only handle the playoffs- but excel in them when the moments get big

He was fine. They lost.

He's not good at anything other than rebounding.

E. that you will never worry about getting lazy after getting his big deal. this is a HUGE DEAL I think.

You have no idea what Whiteside will or will not do. The difference is Whiteside is worth a big deal.
James handed Tristan one.

F. A guy that does not need to get babysat, who doesn't engage in an obscenity filled twitter war with repo

rters when he gets criticized

See B.

G. A guy who doesn't run to twitter to brag about his stats like a little kid- a guy who is an ACTUAL professional

Seriously? Not sure what Tristan puts on social media, but I know what James has. Stupid point to even bring into this, but since you have basketball related valid point, you need to reach.

H. A guy that can switch on defense and stay with a guard for a little while, or follow a good shooting big out to the 3 pt line, or show hard and disrupt a pick and roll- instead of having to taken out of the game because the opposing teams lineup dictates you need to sit because you are a liability.

He's only even starting because Mozgov was horrible.

I. A guy that does not get tossed out of games because he loses his cool and cheap shots the opposition.[/

See B. again.

And further, Delly had a very nice playoff run yet was offered 1 year 1.2 M.
Difference is, he's not part of Klutch.

J.R. was also low balled. Not part of Klutch.

Both are having nice years, and both now will prob get better offers and move on next year, while you are stuck with your overpaid Klutch client 2nd string PF.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take the guy that

That's just dumb. He's been healthy. If any player gets injured, they can't play sometimes. Ask Kyrie/Love.

Whiteside did 1 very dumb thing, apologized for it, said it wouldn't happen again, and it hasn't.
You rip Whiteside, but praise JR. Hasn't he let his teams down by doing stupid things and being suspended in the playoffs?

He was fine. They lost.

You have no idea what Whiteside will or will not do. The difference is Whiteside is worth a big deal.

F. A guy that does not need to get babysat, who doesn't engage in an obscenity filled twitter war with repo

See B.

Seriously? Not sure what Tristan puts on social media, but I know what James has. Stupid point to even bring into this, but since you have basketball related valid point, you need to reach.

I. A guy that does not get tossed out of games because he loses his cool and cheap shots the opposition.[/

See B. again.

Both are having nice years, and both now will prob get better offers and move on next year, while you are stuck with your overpaid Klutch client 2nd string PF.
3548335723_friday_damn_answer_3_xlarge.jpe

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take the guy that

oh yah- totally ignore the part where Wade and Bosh are basically calling out Whiteside in the media for babying his injuries that was above in the same post. Whiteside=sackless. this happened just LAST MONTH- like 2 weeks ago.

oh he did ONe very dumb thing- LESS then a year ago- after coming back from being blackballed for a number of years--- and in your infinite wisdom- you ACTUALLY believe it wont happen again? HA!

He was fine. They lost.
he was fine? not that i expected a bitter person like you to watch the games- but i would be more than happy to find you all the nice writeups and analysis of how well Tristan played in the playoffs last year...ya know. at age 24 Tristan is putting up double doubles in the Finals- while Whiteside was playing in some podunk league in Lebanon. PATHETIC.

First- how does that even address the ability of Tristan to play multiple positions- while Whiteside cant- and Tristan can do PLENTY more than just rebound- like play versatile defense, or switch, or finish the pick and roll etc. Whiteside is a dinosaur lumbering center best suited to play in a bygone era.

HA! I think that based on the past information from Whiteside- we have a PRETTY GOOD IDEA- if the guy couldnt not be an idiot after being black balled and given a second chance- you think the odds are better then even that this guy gets a guaratneed 50 million and says!! YES ITS TIME TO WORK HARDER THAN EVER BEFORE! if thats what you think you are either a naive idiot, or in total denial.

See B.
See B? I thought it was "one incident"- funny how one incident, turns into a second incident. Real show of maturity getting itno an obsecnity filled twitter war with a reporter THIS WEEK!!!lol Do you seriously think that A. people just dont pay attention to what you right or B. Do you think they just assume your bs is true?

Have you seen the garbage this guy posts? he is not a professional. He is a little kid. He is a man with a childs brain.

what the HELL does Tristan starting or being on the bench have to do with his ability to being versatile on defense? Did you just gloss over this like that answer actually meant ANYTHING AT ALL? I guess when you dont have shit to say thats what you do.

See B. again.

This happened less then a year ago.....and you act like- it happened a decade ago and there is no chance itll ever happen again.... we shallsee....I can see an EPIC playoff meltdown from Whiteside---- and its just HILARIOUS when multiple players on multiple other teams start calling out Whiteside for being a stats guy that just doesnt make an impact on the game.....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not saying it does- im not saying Whiteside is bad- im just saying- hes definitely not a tier 1 center- and because of the way he plays and how its hard for him to fit in modern systems, hes gonna find himself out of place a lot of times---- plus- im sorry- a big part of it is this guy just seems to be an idiot. Guys like Valunciunas, and Gobert- who have worked their asses of forever and dont complain or brag on twitter, or post weird shit, or whatever....there are just SOO many guys if i were a team i would rather trust a large part of my payroll with.

Tristan Thompson has played in the most consecutive games in the league- over 330. He never gets hurts. He always plays. He was drafted as high as he was in large part because he has an A+ work ethic and attitude. He can play PF and he can play C and he can play both well. He will never complain about his role or not getting the ball. He stepped up when it mattered and proved the moment wasnt too big for him when he played great in the playoffs.

He is a valuable modern big because he can switch defensively and guard multiple positions, show hard on the pick and roll and get back to his guy, and can guard out to the three point line- things that if you cant do as a big in the modern NBA you are going to find yourself on the bench for large stretches of games- He has developed a nice pick and roll game and actually draws a decent amount of attention when he roles to the hoop with how successful alley oops have been to him- particularly from Delly. He is of course one of the very best rebounders in the NBA- and is constantly drawing fouls and outworking guys for offensive boards.
He is a guy you can absolutely give a big contract to and never once worry if he is going to work to earn it.

Contrast that with a guy like Whiteside. Who you constantly have to babysit. Who is constantly just acting like a fool- whether its REALLY stupid stuff like last year shoving guys and getting suspended, or this year- arguing in the press with reporters, posting the weirdest shit to the internet, http://deadspin.com/hassan-whiteside-on-his-monster-triple-double-aint-no-1753346150 right here it talks about how a week ago WAde and Bosh were subtetly calling out Whiteside for babying his injuries, . This is something that would NEVER EVER EEEEEEEEEEEEVER happen with Tristan Thompson.

The numbers have shown thus far that the Heat play better defense without Whiteside- the counter to this is 10 games from last month. REALLY? When you have a guy like Whiteside- who cant switch, who cant get out to the 3 pt line, who cant show hard on a high pick and roll you have a problem. Your defense is going to be out of whack.

Offensively is where Whiteside has room to grow- but right now- besides offensive put backs and dunks in the pick and roll- he is worthless. He is one of the least efficient post players in the entire NBA. He cant pass. He cant shoot outside of 15 feet. How do your an offense with a big that cant post up, cant shoot, and cant pass. Its basically playing 4 on 5. No wonder the opposition can just clog the middle and DWades points are severely down when he is on the court.

YES- the guy does some things VERY VERY WELL- he blocks a lot of shots, and rebounds the ball a lot. Those are good things. I never said they werent- but when you measure the whole package- when you have a big that cant switch, that cant go out to the 3 pt line, that cant show hard ona high pick and roll- in todays NBA you have a problem.

I will take the guy that

F. A guy that does not need to get babysat, who doesn't engage in an obscenity filled twitter war with reporters when he gets criticized
I. A guy that does not get tossed out of games because he loses his cool and cheap shots the opposition.

After this dissertation, you definitely deserve your Doctorate in Cavsology.

I write some books too.

But, for this topic?

Only the cliffs notes version is necessary.

Whiteside and all his baggage > Tristan.....everyday and twice on Sunday.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take the guy that

He was fine. They lost.

See B.

See B. again.

You know you're going to get 4 pages of responses from him...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Whiteside hurt?

Tristan has been healthy over his whole career. A better player does no good on the bench, the Cavs know all about this lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, why are you comparing an "All-Star" to basically a bench player. Tristan just was put in the starting lineup not to long ago. Isn't Whiteside supposed to be a better player, since you made a poll about him being an All-Star and all, right? Doesn't really matter if Whiteside isn't playing, Tristan would win on default lol.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside > Tristan

I will say though, there is one thing that, so far, Tristan is far better at than Whiteside...getting himself a contract for nearly twice what he's worth.

Tristan = Jon Koncak

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, why are you comparing an "All-Star" to basically a bench player. Tristan just was put in the starting lineup not to long ago. Isn't Whiteside supposed to be a better player, since you made a poll about him being an All-Star and all, right? Doesn't really matter if Whiteside isn't playing, Tristan would win on default lol.
well he wasnt an all star A. because you have to get voted in by coaches and THAT AINT happening- and guys better then him- Gasol, Horford, Love- were not- so he had no chance.

well- all that--- but probably the most important thing is- for being a defensive player TYPICALLY your team should play better defense when you are on the court....he does have that little problem that when he plays his team is worse on defense.....but whos counting? lol