• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd rather have Tristan or Whiteside Poll

Take Your Pick

• Total voters

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't even have the balls to make a fool out of himself and vote for him.

You can't erase that shit :nono:.

If Whiteside becomes a perennial All star and Tristan doesn't, this thread will be referenced ad nauseam.

Reactions: DJ

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Herring.

The thread is not situational.

It's simply who would you rather.
i want my team to win a title- and if your gonna win a title you are gonna have to go through those teams at some point - i dont care if you are the Cavs or hornets- and Tristan matches up INFINTITELY better against them- with the style those teams play with in todays NBA- Whiteside might as well be the name of some old ferocious dinosaur from the Mesozoic Era that used to be the king of the jungle, but times and circumstances changed and he went extinct.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Whiteside becomes a perennial All star and Tristan doesn't, this thread will be referenced ad nauseam.

Only way Tristan ever sees the all star game is if hes a guest of Klutch

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oh if that happens ill be the first to eat a big ole pile of crow--- but its not gonna happen.

i think there is a much better chance the Heat are being unceremoniously dumped from the playoffs and Blancote has a Bynum moment and loses his mind.

HILARIOUS:

Did Gobert, Fournier and Vucevic share an inside joke about Hassan Whiteside on Twitter? | Heat Check

6a00e008dcb0dc883401bb08aeda8c970d-320wi.png

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only that- but when one guy is has the longest streak in the NBA for consecutive games played- over 330- and in the last 2 weeks the other guy is getting called out by his teammates for babying his injuries- that makes the decision even easier....last thing the Cavs need is another prima donna with injury issues-- especially when the prima donna thinks he is a lot better then he is. At leas the Cavs prima donnas are great players.

Dude, up until I put the Clippers curse on him 2 weeks ago, Deandre Jordan held that title.

That's all nice.

But, doesn't make Jordan better than Cousins does it?

I love Tristans work ethic.

He is a much better player than I gave him credit for.

But, I would still take a guy like Whiteside or even Gobert over him.

Talent trumps intangibles when the divide is that wide.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, up until I put the Clippers curse on him 2 weeks ago, Deandre Jordan held that title.

That's all nice.

But, doesn't make Jordan better than Cousins does it?

I love Tristans work ethic.

He is a much better player than I gave him credit for.

But, I would still take a guy like Whiteside or even Gobert over him.

Talent trumps intangibles when the divide is that wide.
and if Whitesides talents actually matched up to where the league is at- id agree- 15 years ago i would be TOTALLY in agreement with you.

However, i just dont understand that when the stats say he is a net negative on defense- one could keep extolling his defensive virtues. Or how his "talent" results in Dwade being a significantly worse offensive player when sharing the court with Whiteside....or how i do not believe it is coincidence at all that Dragic's numbers are significantly down with a big 270 lb road block that cant space the floor sitting in the middle and letting the other team stuff the paint.

and i understand the intangibles thing is less material then talent---- but rarely have we ever seen two guys that are just on TOTAL opposite ends of the spectrum.

One is 26 years old and has been A. black balled from the league for being an idiot B. came back and cheap shotted players and got suspended during a playoff run C. engaged in an obsecenity filled twitter war with reporters over criticism D. was called out by his teammates for babying his injuries, while the other guy is just the TOTAL opposite and is the gold standard for work ethic, responsibility, attitude etc.

Right at half time of the Detroit game- Tristan let stanley johnson get a layup right at the end of the half- and LeBron BITCHED at him. He totally verbally undressed Tristan in front of 20 thousand fans - didnt even wait till the locker room- i was shocked it went on for as long as it did- or that it happened in front of 40,000 eyes.

After the game- Tristan took 100% responsibility, said it was his bad, and totally accepted it. I thought that was absolutely REMARKABLE for an NBA player with the egos these guys have.

Talent definitely trumps the intangibles- but when you have guys that are just SO FAR OPPOSITE on the spectrum that runs from Shit-Head to Great teammate, you weight it a little differently.

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy.
You don't think the Warriors would rather have Whiteside then Bogut?
You don't think the Thunder would take Whiteside over their pair?

You are clueless.

After reading your lame arguments on this topic, lets hope trial lawyer isn't on your wish list.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ, would you take Antonio Davis over Dikembe Mutombo?

Hell, Ill even be generous and let Tristan be Dale Davis.

The answer is still............:hellno:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy.
You don't think the Warriors would rather have Whiteside then Bogut?
You don't think the Thunder would take Whiteside over their pair?

You are clueless.

After reading your lame arguments on this topic, lets hope trial lawyer isn't on your wish list.
well i think it depends on the money...id much rather pay Steven Adams 4 million then Whiteside 18 for basically doing mostly the same thing- being a matchup guy. Not only that but Adams probably accepts his role, is a harder worker, and you wont have to babysit him.

Not only that- but i would have to look at some advanced statistics that showed these guys impacts on the court. Do I think GSW would rather have guy who you guys CONSTANTLY harp on as being under-developed, with a basketball IQ that is just awful, that just recently atracted attention for tweeting expletives to a report who was crticial of him? No- i dont think so. I think they would much rather have the guy who is about team, who they won a title with, and has the reputation of being a great defender like Bogut does and the stats ACTUALLY back that up.

so yah-i think GSW would pick the guy that has a POSITIVE effect on defense rather than a negative effect. Not exactly rocket science here. Not exactly solving the Israeli/Palestinian conflict here....ya pick the guy who ACTUALLY helps rather than hurts....Bogut over Blancote.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ, would you take Antonio Davis over Dikembe Mutombo?

Hell, Ill even be generous and let Tristan be Dale Davis.

The answer is still............:hellno:
id have to see what the impact on their team was. Would you rather have Dennis Johnson or Shareef Abdul Rahim? (touche)

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if only Shareef Abudr Rahim and Hasson Whiteside could switch era's....each one would have been/be infinitely better off. 2 of the all time big stats tiny impact guys.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id have to see what the impact on their team was. Would you rather have Dennis Johnson or Shareef Abdul Rahim?

Again, you're twisting it to now be a which team thing.
Don't blame you though cause it's the only possible direction you can go with.

You think everyone is just ganging up on you here vs you just being totally wrong?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you're twisting it to now be a which team thing.
Don't blame you though cause it's the only possible direction you can go with.

You think everyone is just ganging up on you here vs you just being totally wrong?
the only arguments you made i totally refuted when i highlighted them in red- the arguments that you made mostly had nothing to do with what i was even saying- which is a pretty common thread through this whole thing.

your only response to the multiple times Blancote has been a shithead over the years is- THAT DOESNT MEAN ITS GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN.....but it DOES keep happening over and over.

your response to the fact that he cant pass, has no reliable post move, and cant shoot is- THAT DOESNT MEAN HE CANT GET BETTER....

all your arguments are based on future expectations of which you have absolutely NO Basis to believe they will come true- just totally discounting the past as if it never happened- when its really the only predictor we can go on.

and seriously- as a Heat fan that watched his team win 2 championships with an aggressive, switching defense that got out and ran- I dont know how you can stand to watch this fool lazily roam around the paint while his teammates have to carry the burden on all the pick and rolls and switches etc....while the irrefutable data points to the team- being worse with him on the court.

not once have i EVER seen you address the fact that Wade goes from being a good offensie player to a great offensive player when there is not a 270 lb road block in the paint. As well as old age- i think that has had as much to do with Wade's inefficient year- AND Dragic's inefficient year more tha nanything- when you play 4-5 on offense- thats whats gonna happen--- guys like Dragic and Wade who typically have GREAT FG% for guards -are going to take a big ole drop when that paint is packed since no one has to respect Blancote.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The popcorn is strong in this thread.

terrell-owens-popcorn-celebration.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather have Dennis Johnson or Shareef Abdul Rahim? (touche)

It would depend on the rest of the team around them. If ya need back court help ya go w/ the HOFer Dennis Johnson. If it's the front court ya go w/ Shareef. Oh yeah...and it's Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy killin' me!

the 7 foot Terror of Tripoli

DAMN!

:pound:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only arguments you made i totally refuted when i highlighted them in red- the arguments that you made mostly had nothing to do with what i was even saying- which is a pretty common thread through this whole thing.

your only response to the multiple times Blancote has been a shithead over the years is- THAT DOESNT MEAN ITS GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN.....but it DOES keep happening over and over.

your response to the fact that he cant pass, has no reliable post move, and cant shoot is- THAT DOESNT MEAN HE CANT GET BETTER....

all your arguments are based on future expectations of which you have absolutely NO Basis to believe they will come true- just totally discounting the past as if it never happened- when its really the only predictor we can go on.

and seriously- as a Heat fan that watched his team win 2 championships with an aggressive, switching defense that got out and ran- I dont know how you can stand to watch this fool lazily roam around the paint while his teammates have to carry the burden on all the pick and rolls and switches etc....while the irrefutable data points to the team- being worse with him on the court.

not once have i EVER seen you address the fact that Wade goes from being a good offensie player to a great offensive player when there is not a 270 lb road block in the paint. As well as old age- i think that has had as much to do with Wade's inefficient year- AND Dragic's inefficient year more tha nanything- when you play 4-5 on offense- thats whats gonna happen--- guys like Dragic and Wade who typically have GREAT FG% for guards -are going to take a big ole drop when that paint is packed since no one has to respect Blancote.

The Heat has no real serious outside threats, and Wade never improved his outside shooting.
That's not Whitesides fault.
It's true that he might make part of their game more difficult, but he makes other parts much more easy.
You're argument is pretty much there is no room in the game for traditional centers, and that's total nonsense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even wiggy votedfor Tristan lmao

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat has no real serious outside threats, and Wade never improved his outside shooting.
That's not Whitesides fault.
It's true that he might make part of their game more difficult, but he makes other parts much more easy.
You're argument is pretty much there is no room in the game for traditional centers, and that's total nonsense.
well there is room for traditional centers- they just have to do traditional center things at a high level- like a Cousins, or Drummond, or Gasol, etc.

how can you expect a team to be even mediocre on offense when they have a center who A. cant shoot B. cant pass, and C. cant post up.-- the answer is you cant- your playing 4-5.