• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate when Haslett does this.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... fine fire him because he is mediocre. But dont pine for an over the hill Ryan or an unemployed Phillips who have both been mediocre over the past five years and try and convince me that these BUMS will actually improve our defense. When you fire one mediocre DC to bring in another big named mediocre DC, its to sell tickets and hope. Because neither of the preferred candidates according to the posters here are worth squat these days.

I'm not advocating bringing in either of those 2 guys, but there is a big difference between them and Haz. They at least have fielded top defenses before. Hassett hasn't.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not advocating bringing in either of those 2 guys, but there is a big difference between them and Haz. They at least have fielded top defenses before. Hassett hasn't.

And at one point Carrie Fisher was the hottest thing on the silver screen. Would you sign her up to do a swim suite ad these days??

BTW... Merry Xmas guys. :)

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And at one point Carrie Fisher was the hottest thing on the silver screen. Would you sign her up to do a swim suite ad these days??

BTW... Merry Xmas guys. :)

No, but I wouldn't also continue to trot Roseanne Barr out in that swimsuit and tell everyone that its the suit that continues to make her look fat.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but I wouldn't also continue to trot Roseanne Barr out in that swimsuit and tell everyone that its the suit that continues to make her look fat.

touche my brother.. finally some one around here is starting to get my warped sense of humor. :)

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
owww, I missed a good argument!

Gotta say, Haz has gotta go IMO because you can burn him with same plays consistently, its like he never studied the film or something. you have TE's having career days, For two weeks in a row, in the red zone, you put amerson in off coverage where a WR walks right into the touchdown. Also on 3rd and 50...twice...Haz calls a god awful zone with no pressure allowing conversions. In other situations resorts to all out zero blitzes with no regard if they have success or not.
He does not maximize his talents.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
owww, I missed a good argument!

Gotta say, Haz has gotta go IMO because you can burn him with same plays consistently, its like he never studied the film or something. you have TE's having career days, For two weeks in a row, in the red zone, you put amerson in off coverage where a WR walks right into the touchdown. Also on 3rd and 50...twice...Haz calls a god awful zone with no pressure allowing conversions. In other situations resorts to all out zero blitzes with no regard if they have success or not.
He does not maximize his talents.

Will simply ask, what if there is a problem with said named talent?? You can try and teach a player all you want, but in the end these mental lapses cant ALL be blamed on the coach. Haslett has to go because some one has to be held accountable for another poor season. And its already been decided that the HC or the QB wont be the ones to go.

But you can mark my words on this, we will have a bottom three defense next year irrespective of the "talent" brought in or the sexy DC thats hired.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will simply ask, what if there is a problem with said named talent?? You can try and teach a player all you want, but in the end these mental lapses cant ALL be blamed on the coach. Haslett has to go because some one has to be held accountable for another poor season. And its already been decided that the HC or the QB wont be the ones to go.

But you can mark my words on this, we will have a bottom three defense next year irrespective of the "talent" brought in or the sexy DC thats hired.

Grass always isn't greener on the other side. With 2 good not great but good safeties this D isn't bad. If Haz stays ok if Haz goes ok I'm indifferent but Haz was dealt a shit hand this year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grass always isn't greener on the other side. With 2 good not great but good safeties this D isn't bad. If Haz stays ok if Haz goes ok I'm indifferent but Haz was dealt a shit hand this year.

I think the man was dealt a shit hand since he got here. I never expected him to produce a top five or even top ten defense every year. But He has always had a decent defense that will give you enough to keep your team in it if the offense and special teams are also solid. I have been honestly shocked that with the lack of talent and trying to coach a system he actually isnt suited for that we havent been historically bad yet.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is much of an argument that Haz has not had top talent to work with. But that argument only works for so long. While Ryan may not have had a great defense for the past 4-5 years Haslett has had them for DECADES. And sorry, when you throw your former coach under the bus and make the claims he made this past off season, well you best deliver on all that big talk.

He is not a good DC. He has never been a good DC. While I'm not on board with Rex Ryan for the reason I have stated the fact is he has produced top defenses. Repeatedly. As has Wade Philip. But again just because you want Haslett replaced does not mean everyone is suggesting only these 2 candidates. And again look at Fletcher's comments, think they came out of thin air?

If you are OK with retaining a mediocre DC, or any other coach or player for that matter, then why would you ever expect your team to be more than mediocre? Call me crazy but I"m looking for more than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is much of an argument that Haz has not had top talent to work with. But that argument only works for so long. While Ryan may not have had a great defense for the past 4-5 years Haslett has had them for DECADES. And sorry, when you throw your former coach under the bus and make the claims he made this past off season, well you best deliver on all that big talk.

He is not a good DC. He has never been a good DC. While I'm not on board with Rex Ryan for the reason I have stated the fact is he has produced top defenses. Repeatedly. As has Wade Philip. But again just because you want Haslett replaced does not mean everyone is suggesting only these 2 candidates. And again look at Fletcher's comments, think they came out of thin air?

If you are OK with retaining a mediocre DC, or any other coach or player for that matter, then why would you ever expect your team to be more than mediocre? Call me crazy but I"m looking for more than that.

What he said:agree:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... fine fire him because he is mediocre. But dont pine for an over the hill Ryan or an unemployed Phillips who have both been mediocre over the past five years and try and convince me that these BUMS will actually improve our defense. When you fire one mediocre DC to bring in another big named mediocre DC, its to sell tickets and hope. Because neither of the preferred candidates according to the posters here are worth squat these days.

havent pined for anyone stop getting me confused with dean

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the man was dealt a shit hand since he got here. I never expected him to produce a top five or even top ten defense every year. But He has always had a decent defense that will give you enough to keep your team in it if the offense and special teams are also solid. I have been honestly shocked that with the lack of talent and trying to coach a system he actually isnt suited for that we havent been historically bad yet.

i would buy that except what happened the other 20 years when he trotted out crappy defenses ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would buy that except what happened the other 20 years when he trotted out crappy defenses ?

For the record, Haslett has been a DC or HC for a total of 18 years in the NFL. So hard for him to have 5 years of Mediocre here in DC AND 20 years of suckage else where.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, Haslett has been a DC or HC for a total of 18 years in the NFL. So hard for him to have 5 years of Mediocre here in DC AND 20 years of suckage else where.

point being he has fielded crappy defenses for 18 years so if that makes you feel better then ok i stand corrected on number of years

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
point being he has fielded crappy defenses for 18 years so if that makes you feel better then ok i stand corrected on number of years

Actually he has fielded an average defense for most of 18 years, with a couple bad years in there. But I also stand by my statement that a second year head coach with a new DC next year equals a bottom five defense in yards and points that may well reach historically epic proportions.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Shark to this extent. You don't fire haslett unless you have someone better to hire. I learned in life a long time ago that you don't run from something, you run to something. While most of us agree that Haz has been ineffective, to say the least, we need to make sure that we are replacing him with a better DC. Many of you have suggested Ryan or other such known quantities. Given the disarray in this franchise, they aren't coming here. I've seen where some have posted that Danny always gets his man. In the past, yes. But there is so much evidence that while Danny will pay you, this environment is not conducive to success and it may be the last significant paycheck you ever get. Every year 5-7 DC jobs open up. This one has to be on the bottom of everyone's list. This is where many coaches come to watch their careers die. Couple that with a 2nd year HC that may not make it to a 3rd year, and becomes very realistic that whomever takes this job may be looking for work again next year.

So all this points to the real fact that we could end up with a DC that either can't get a job anywhere else or is not ready to be a DC (much like our OC, McVay. He has no business being an OC, but he was the only one available). Just be careful what you wish for. You may go from being in the frying pan to being in the fire. A bad hire could set us back another 3-5 years.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have decided to open up a sub shop here on Main Street in beautiful Mount Airy. I have already come up with our slogan: Our Subs are Average. But Hey We Don't Suck Any Worse Than Any Other Sub Shop.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have decided to open up a sub shop here on Main Street in beautiful Mount Airy. I have already come up with our slogan: Our Subs are Average. But Hey We Don't Suck Any Worse Than Any Other Sub Shop.

This made me laugh. Thx DGF :lol:

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of Haslett. Why is he having David Amerson continuously be on Bryant, only to get beaten. Didn't Bashaud Breeland on Bryant, last time and shut him down, respectfully? I don't get it at all. I'm starting to wonder if Haslett is insane. He obviously does not know what the hell he's doing.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haz doesn't know what he is doing. That is why he should be fired. Amerson is just awful. One of the worst draft picks in the last 4 years.