• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate when Haslett does this.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what to make of this dude. Still want him gone, but no Meriwether, Hall, Robinson, Orakpo, Hatcher, and he pulls a game like this out of his arse.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what to make of this dude. Still want him gone, but no Meriwether, Hall, Robinson, Orakpo, Hatcher, and he pulls a game like this out of his arse.

Hassett did not win this game, the Eagles lost it. We gave up almost 500 yds and could not get them off the field unless they messed up on their own. They had close to 90 offensive plays. Not until the very last two plays did Halsett call for pressure on a QB that is known for coughing it up when pressured. Oh yeah, when he did finally call for pressure, we got a pick.

This guy has worn out his welcome. He needs to be gone on 12/29/2014.

Last edited by a moderator:

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hassett did not win this game, the Eagles lost it. We gave up almost 500 yds and could not get them off the field unless they messed up on their own. They had close to 90 offensive plays. Not until the very last two plays did Halsett call for pressure on a QB that is known for coughing it up when pressured. Oh yeah, when he did finally call for pressure, we got a pick.

Completely agree. Even Rich Gannon was ready to throw fbombs that he did not change the coverages to help out on Ertz.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What he said

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe they kept him AFTER last season.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree too. That's my point. Gruden and Snyder mat look at this game and say we kept the high powered Eagles in the 20's without half our starting defense. I am worried they might look at the rankings and say "hey, we're 10th."

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree too. That's my point. Gruden and Snyder mat look at this game and say we kept the high powered Eagles in the 20's without half our starting defense. I am worried they might look at the rankings and say "hey, we're 10th."

Fair point. Any Redskins fan who says that they are not at least a little concerned of this happening would probably not be telling the truth.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well all morning long on the radio they have been playing clips of Gruden talking up Haslett yesterday and the great job he's done considering all the injures.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well all morning long on the radio they have been playing clips of Gruden talking up Haslett yesterday and the great job he's done considering all the injures.

Yeah I heard that too, sounds like he's coming back.:lame:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gruden is just setting him up as trade bait!:lol:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. Any Redskins fan who says that they are not at least a little concerned of this happening would probably not be telling the truth.

Guess Im that one fan then. :lol:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no indication to me that haz is going anywhere even though he should

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no indication to me that haz is going anywhere even though he should

As I know Im the only person on here with the audacity to defend Haslett, I will simply point out that if you take away the points directly given up by Special teams and Offense, and another half the points given up by the offense due to turn overs within easy scoring distance... the defense drops from 26.3 points per game down to 21.06 points per game given up. Still sounds bad until you also consider that that would put us at around 10th in the league as far as points given up per game. But even if you forget about that, Has actually has a solid case for why he should stay if you consider off the raw numbers, we have improved over last year in both yards given up and points per game given up. Add to that the injuries AND the ever present lack of talent at the safety position, I would tell you guys to temper our expectations of this grand firing of Haslett live on the air five minutes after the Dallas game ends.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes injuries and the offense turning the ball over make this defense worst than what it is. But I say if you have guys like Rex Ryan or Wade Phillps as possible hires for DC then you fire HAZ in a heartbeat. Haz is not a good DC. He is just average. I do not like how he calls a game. Rushing three guys and not blitzing on 3rd and long. I had it with him.

Someones head has got to roll from this season. It was already reported that Gruden is safe b/c he is a first year head coach. Personally I think he is a horrible play caller especially in the red zone. The only reason why he is back b/c it was his 1st year as HC. He is on a huge hot seat next year.

It was already reported that RG3 is going to be the here next year. Not b/c he is a good QB but again on what we gave up for him he sticks around another year. There is no point in playing Colt McCoy. There is no upside. He can be a capable backup and win games for you but that is it. Then we have KC. I was so disappointed that he could not win the starting job when he got the chance. He has all the tools to be a good starting QB in this league but the INTs have to stop. many great QB's have had INT problems early in there careers so I wouldn't write off Cousins just yet.

What I would like to know is will there be a TRUE QB battle in training camp or will they just give the job to RG3? RG3 has more game experience than Cousins but I still believe that Cousins is the better QB for Grudens system. We shall see. But we all know that RG3 will be the favorite to win the job.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean... IM glad some one stepped up to the plate after my last comment. And I agree Haslett is just an average DC when push comes to shove. How ever Im not sold on Wade or Ryan being what will fix this thing. While they both have had flashes of greatness, they have both also put out some stinkers as well. And I pass on Wade for the simple fact that he still has that Dallas stench about him. I think what would really FIX the defense is to abandon the 3-4, get another true DT in here to go next to any one of the DTs we already have playing out of position. Platoon Kerrigan, Murphy Rak and another YOUNG DE on the line at the ends spots, with Coefield, Hatcher, Baker and maybe one more DE doing the dirty work.

We would still need to address Safety at both spots, and would likely need to bring in 1-2 OLBs as well.

As I stated earlier Haslett CAN make a case for why he should stay. But I agree he likely will go because some one has got to take the fall for another bad season. And he is the most obvious choice.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, you've been holding this board down for a while. I respect the hell out of you. But I must ask, what is it about Haslett that you like? I can't get past the 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 3. The constant blown assignments, no half time adjustments. The inconsistency from week to week. Maybe Greg Williams just spoiled me. I remember when the defensive unit was the strength of this team before Haz arrived. Just ready for a new voice.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, you've been holding this board down for a while. I respect the hell out of you. But I must ask, what is it about Haslett that you like? I can't get past the 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 3. The constant blown assignments, no half time adjustments. The inconsistency from week to week. Maybe Greg Williams just spoiled me. I remember when the defensive unit was the strength of this team before Haz arrived. Just ready for a new voice.

Its simple man. When you are handed some of the worst after thoughts in the league and told to field a defense, and you can even make those after thoughts look at least average most weeks. I have to wonder what could this guy really do if we gave him a complete defense. Gregg has generally had some of the more talented players in the league on his defense. Add to it he has usually never had to play against both the other teams offense AND his own offense and special teams week in and week out. I think since he got here Haslett has been consistently handed horse shit, and has still managed to make it at least average more often than not. Give him a COMPLETE and relatively talented defense, and dont have him also fighting against our own offense and special teams giving up points like the shit is in style, and we might have a defense that could be respected.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point taken, but he laid much of the blame at Shanahan's door step this summer. He did exactly what RG3 has been crucified for and I see no real difference. Losing Hall hurt. I knew the season was over the minute he went down, but Gregg's teams were not stacked. Daniels, Wynn, Washington stayed hurt, Arrington was in the dog house. I've seen Williams do more with arguably the same amount of talent that Haslett has had.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point taken, but he laid much of the blame at Shanahan's door step this summer. He did exactly what RG3 has been crucified for and I see no real difference. Losing Hall hurt. I knew the season was over the minute he went down, but Gregg's teams were not stacked. Daniels, Wynn, Washington stayed hurt, Arrington was in the dog house. I've seen Williams do more with arguably the same amount of talent that Haslett has had.

Gregg has almost always had a solid last line of defense.. IE two good safety's. This allows him to take chances that Haslett has NEVER been able to take since he has been in DC. Hence the 10 yard cushion on 3rd and 3, in an attempt to prevent or mitigate the accidental big play. Greg had no real pass rush, but he had solid coverage across the board. Our coverage is suspect as hell. The moment we start playing from behind (thanks to special teams or the offense in about half the cases) the pass rush becomes useless because we are more worried about trying to prevent the big play rather than make our own.

Last edited by a moderator: