• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HurricaneDij's Five Free Agents to Watch (Non-centers and non-Kevin Durants)

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to venture where the top free agents are going to land?

KD is staying in OKC, and both DeRozan and Whiteside have big chances of going to LA.

My prediction - Neither of those players end up in LA.
Not as bold as Wade going to the Spurs, though.:yahoo:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction - Neither of those players end up in LA.
Not as bold as Wade going to the Spurs, though.:yahoo:

It'll be interesting. The rumors for awhile have been that DeRozan will go to the Lakers. His supposed best friend and for teammate at USC even said that. But then DeRozan came out and said he's looking to stay in Toronto. Don't know if that was damage control because he was hearing it from fans, or if that's what he truly wants. It's going to be interesting.

The thing with Whiteside is that the Lakers can really gum up the works for Miami because of the money they can offer, the good young roster that they have and their ability to add another top level FA as well. Miami will have to make some tough decisions which, at least temporarily, could diminish their team. Especially if Bosh doesn't get cleared to play.

He may have to choose between a roster that is built/being built to win into the future and a roster that may well be in transition towards a rebuild.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting. The rumors for awhile have been that DeRozan will go to the Lakers. His supposed best friend and for teammate at USC even said that. But then DeRozan came out and said he's looking to stay in Toronto. Don't know if that was damage control because he was hearing it from fans, or if that's what he truly wants. It's going to be interesting.

The thing with Whiteside is that the Lakers can really gum up the works for Miami because of the money they can offer, the good young roster that they have and their ability to add another top level FA as well. Miami will have to make some tough decisions which, at least temporarily, could diminish their team. Especially if Bosh doesn't get cleared to play.

He may have to choose between a roster that is built/being built to win into the future and a roster that may well be in transition towards a rebuild.

No offense, but I'm not convinced the Lakers have a "good young roster". Maybe Luke Walton can light a fire under them, but other than Russell who still may have plenty of room to grow, I'm not convinced that anyone on this team would be in the rotation of a major playoff contender.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think whoever signs Derozan to a max deal will be a free agency loser. He is a good player, but not anywhere near a max player. Especially in today's NBA where shooting is at such a premium. DeRozan missed his era. He would have fit better in the 70s.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think whoever signs Derozan to a max deal will be a free agency loser. He is a good player, but not anywhere near a max player. Especially in today's NBA where shooting is at such a premium. DeRozan missed his era. He would have fit better in the 70s.

70's is quite harsh. I know Stack made his living in his Detroit days by getting to the line.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
70's is quite harsh. I know Stack made his living in his Detroit days by getting to the line.

Any idea what the max is going to be? I know I read Miami may offer Hassan 21+ mill but that won't be considered a max deal

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure why that is harsh. Just think he would have fared better before the 3 point line when everybody played the mid range game. That style just does not work as well today.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you're the only one.

I actually agree with Cane. Unless the Lakers are signing multiple players (DeRozan and Horford/Whiteside), I don't see how you're convincing any free agent to come to LA solo with that roster.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree with Cane. Unless the Lakers are signing multiple players (DeRozan and Horford/Whiteside), I don't see how you're convincing any free agent to come to LA solo with that roster.

That's not what he said. He said he's not convinced they have a good young roster. Pretty much every expert says they do. Whether or not they have a good young roster has nothing to do with whether or not free agents decide to stay where they are or not.

For someone who calls himself "the smartest man on SportsHoopla" basic comprehension sure seems to elude you at times.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is what Cane said is true. Only difference is I would say they have about 3 guys who would be in the rotation for a playoffs contender

No, the point is, you didn't comprehend what he said and posted something that had nothing to do with it. You can try to put a Wiggy spin on it all you want, but it won't change that. And only bitches bullshit posts because they don't agree with them.

As I said virtually every expert says they have good young roster because they do. Who they may or may not get in free agency has nothing to with it.

I've said all along that they may not be able to get who they want because FA's may want to see how they continue to develop and what Luke is able to do with them. Fact is, I think most FA's will stay put and we may see several of the 2 year with 1 year opt outs ala Lebron, especially with the high level FA's because the cap is going to jump again in the next FA.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the point is, you didn't comprehend what he said and posted something that had nothing to do with it. You can try to put a Wiggy spin on it all you want, but it won't change that. And only bitches bullshit posts because they don't agree with them.

As I said virtually every expert says they have good young roster because they do. Who they may or may not get in free agency has nothing to with it.

I've said all along that they may not be able to get who they want because FA's may want to see how they continue to develop and what Luke is able to do with them. Fact is, I think most FA's will stay put and we may see several of the 2 year with 1 year opt outs ala Lebron, especially with the high level FA's because the cap is going to jump again in the next FA.

And you clearly didn't comprehend my post.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you clearly didn't comprehend my post.

I comprehended it just fine. It had nothing to do with what I responded to Cane about. I also comprehend that only bitches bullshit posts just because they don't agree. That's some Wiggy level shit right there.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what he said. He said he's not convinced they have a good young roster. Pretty much every expert says they do. Whether or not they have a good young roster has nothing to do with whether or not free agents decide to stay where they are or not.

For someone who calls himself "the smartest man on SportsHoopla" basic comprehension sure seems to elude you at times.

*17-65