• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HurricaneDij's Five Free Agents to Watch (Non-centers and non-Kevin Durants)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami offer him the max he'll definitely stay. Anything less and he'll bolt to whatever team will, which is most likely LA.

Agree.

They can't low ball him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to find some more-recent content.

"I think I’ve been around long enough not to expect anything going into the summer.”

That’s always a thing going into the summer – it’s always the unknown of what a team is going to be when you don’t have a lot of guys under contract, when your whole team is not under contract,” Wade said.

Dwyane Wade has no expectations heading into free agency

"I don't pay myself, so I can't anticipate anything being smooth," Wade said at Tuesday's player exit-interviews. " ... I'm not worried about it all. That's in July."
Too early for Heat's Wade to think free agency

When he was originally posed the question back in February, of course no one "wants" to be a free agent at that particular point in the season, bu he knows as well as you and I do, that's just not how business works. Again, not saying Wade "definitely won't" return to Miami, but my bold prediction is still going to be the Spurs until the summer day comes when he signs the dotted line in Miami.

I thought Wade wasn't worth your time? I guess you're too busy to do an avi bet.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside will stay in Miami.

As much as I hate y'all, I don't wish DeRozan on you at $25 mil.

As injury prone as he is, take a shot at Beal.

At least he can shoot.

“I feel like I’m a max player and that’s what I’m looking for. If Washington can’t meet that requirement then I may be thinking elsewhere.

Bradley Beal reiterates that he will seek a max contract this summer

I'm not completely sure that Whiteside stays in Miami. Miami doesn't have his Bird rights and are in a position cap wise where they will have to dump some salary in order to offer him what he will likely command. If they do, it won't leave them much to replace the guys they will have to get rid of.

Having said that, I wouldn't want to bet against Riley when it comes to figuring out a way to do it. But it's not the slam dunk that it would be if they had his Bird rights. There is also starting to be a lot for him and other FA's to like about the Lakers.

I'm on the fence about DeRozan. The way he played in the regular season, I would have loved to see him on the Lakers. Then, the way he played earlier in the playoffs, I wouldn't have wanted him at any price.

But he has been playing much better the past few games and played like a star on Saturday night, so I think his stock is rising again. Of course, that could change if he comes out tonight and/or Wednesday night and shits the bed.

As for Beal, he's a 2 guard. The Lakers already have Clarkson and so far, he's been healthy, unlike Beal.

Definitely going to be a very, very interesting off-season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not completely sure that Whiteside stays in Miami. Miami doesn't have his Bird rights and are in a position cap wise where they will have to dump some salary in order to offer him what he will likely command. If they do, it won't leave them much to replace the guys they will have to get rid of.

Having said that, I wouldn't want to bet against Riley when it comes to figuring out a way to do it. But it's not the slam dunk that it would be if they had his Bird rights. There is also starting to be a lot for him and other FA's to like about the Lakers.

I'm on the fence about DeRozan. The way he played in the regular season, I would have loved to see him on the Lakers. Then, the way he played earlier in the playoffs, I wouldn't have wanted him at any price.

But he has been playing much better the past few games and played like a star on Saturday night, so I think his stock is rising again. Of course, that could change if he comes out tonight and/or Wednesday night and shits the bed.

As for Beal, he's a 2 guard. The Lakers already have Clarkson and so far, he's been healthy, unlike Beal.

Definitely going to be a very, very interesting off-season.

I'd like to see the Lakers go after Harrison Barnes and Al Horford too

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Harrison Barnes and wanted the Lakers to pursue him if they didn't get to keep the pick. I would love to see them pursue him if they decide to trade the pick. But he's an SF. Simmons and Ingram, who ever the Lakers end up with, will be playing SF. They're not going to bring the #2 pick in the draft in to sit the bench and they aren't going to pay Barnes what he'll command to sit the bench either.

I think that about the only way they would end up with Barnes at this point would be if they trade the pick if it's Ingram. Or trade Randle if it's Simmons since he could play PF.

I think Horford would make a great consolation prize if they don't get Whiteside.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be my guess.

If Horford wanted a contender, there are other Centers on the market.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not completely sure that Whiteside stays in Miami. Miami doesn't have his Bird rights and are in a position cap wise where they willhave to dump some salary in order to offer him what he will likely command. If they do, it won't leave them much to replace the guys they will have to get rid of.

ke Harrison Barnes and wanted the Lakers to pursue him if they didn't get to keep the pick. I would love to see them pursue him if they decide to trade the pick. But he's an SF. Simmons and Ingram, who ever the Lakers end up with, will be playing SF. They're not going to bring the #2 pick in the draft in to sit the bench and they aren't going to pay Barnes what he'll command to sit the bench either.

I think that about the only way they would end up with Barnes at this point would be if they trade the pick if it's Ingram. Or trade Randle if it's Simmons since he could play PF.

I think Horford would make a great consolation prize if they don't get Whiteside.

Miami has $40 mil....they have enough for Whiteside. But, not enough for Wade and Deng.

I'd rather have Simmons or Ingram on a rookie deal vs. Barnes on a max.

My biggest fear for you guys is that Jimmy will be dollar foolish in a attempt to save his job.

WCF is a tall order. So, unless you are getting Durant and Horford/Whiteside, don't mortgage the future.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Simmons or Ingram on a rookie deal vs. Barnes on a max.

My biggest fear for you guys is that Jimmy will be dollar foolish in a attempt to save his job.

WCF is a tall order. So, unless you are getting Durant and Horford/Whiteside, don't mortgage the future.

I agree, with as young as the Lakers are, I'd prefer that too. Plus, next years FA class looks to be much better than this one.

So far, they've done a pretty good job of saving that cap space. I've been worried over the past couple of seasons that they'd overpay some mid-level guys and end up in 7-8 seed purgatory.

If they are smart with their money and don't overpay in a desperate attempt to just get to the playoffs and we see a fair amount of improvement next season, then Jim will likely be able to keep his job.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.....Miami fans, are you worried about keeping Tyler Johnson?

I like him.

Just like Biyombo, someone is gonna overpay to try and steal him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.....Miami fans, are you worried about keeping Tyler Johnson?

I like him.

Just like Biyombo, someone is gonna overpay to try and steal him.

I'd like to keep him. But given Richardson's emergence, we'll likely let him go if some team comes out of nowhere and offers him huge money. Personally, I'd like to trade Dragic and ride out with Richardson as the starter and Tyler Johnson as the 2nd string.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to keep him. But given Richardson's emergence, we'll likely let him go if some team comes out of nowhere and offers him huge money. Personally, I'd like to trade Dragic and ride out with Richardson as the starter and Tyler Johnson as the 2nd string.

Oh, man....

I was thinking the same thing.

Trade Dragic to the Knicks or Jazz.

Hell, the Jazz would even send you a pick.

They need a legit pg in the worst way.

i_18_38_ec_gettyimages-474019336.png

Spencer Checketts: Dennis Lindsey: “I’m not going to lie this year, I’d like to find a trade for the RIGHT veteran player to help move us forward.”
3 days ago – via Twitter 1280Spence

Dennis Lindsey, Trade, Utah Jaz

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Wade wasn't worth your time? I guess you're too busy to do an avi bet.

Perhaps I worded it wrong. Maybe I do have the time, but the fact is that I have bigger priorities. It's clear though that you would lose a hell of a lot more than I would gain if Wade ever left the Heat.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Heat and Wade is my favorite player, but I'd rather see him go somewhere else to win a title rather than using a max contract on him and hamstringing a rebuilding effort. Use that money to try to keep Whiteside.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I worded it wrong. Maybe I do have the time, but the fact is that I have bigger priorities. It's clear though that you would lose a hell of a lot more than I would gain if Wade ever left the Heat.

So you have no idea what you're talking about it. Got it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the Thunder have played, I think there's close to a 0% chance of Durant leaving. That's going to make the market really, really interesting. Durant was going to be the one teams set up to chase after, but if he's seen as a lost cause from the get-go, there's going to be a lot of teams going in a different direction right away.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Heat and Wade is my favorite player, but I'd rather see him go somewhere else to win a title rather than using a max contract on him and hamstringing a rebuilding effort. Use that money to try to keep Whiteside.

Finally a Heat fan with some logic...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that kid in Dallas too, Dwight Powell.

I think with some minutes, he could be a pretty solid bench player.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moe Harkless as well. Hope Portland is able to bring him back...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Courtney Lee gave the Hornets some needed veteran savvy after the trade deadline. He might be their most crucial FA to bring back (Batum included)...