• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HurricaneDij's Five Free Agents to Watch (Non-centers and non-Kevin Durants)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bosh retires, if Riley fails to give in to Whiteside's demands, and if Durant spurns Miami and indeed stays with the Thunder -

Then what the hell is the incentive for Wade to stay in Miami if he's going to continue to not be the highest-paid player on the roster?
I dunno about everyone else but this scenario seems much more plausible to me than Durant going to the Heat is.

It all really depends on Bosh is what it comes down to. If Bosh can come back, they likely bring back as much of this team as they can- Wade/Whiteside will probably take up all their cap room so I would THINK Deng and JJ will walk- especially since each figures to be around a 10M player in the current market (probably more really).

I read they have like 40 million in cap room...Whiteside will be about 20...and I dont expect Wade to be much less, if at all less, than 20...after that you have the mid-level- which Arison has not always used- and some smaller exceptions....itll be really interesting to see what Riley tries to do.

getting rid of McBob's 6 million would be a helluva place to start....ya never know either...6 million is very very little under the new cap...maybe they wont have to tie an asset around him like they likely would have had to do in past days.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to San Antonio.
DWade isn't leaving his mansion here to live/ move his family there.

#noway

I've lived in San Antonio and there's absolutely no way in hell he's leaving Miami for San Antonio.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bosh retires, if Riley fails to give in to Whiteside's demands, and if Durant spurns Miami and indeed stays with the Thunder -

Then what the hell is the incentive for Wade to stay in Miami if he's going to continue to not be the highest-paid player on the roster?

See, your trolling is just reckless. Wade's staying in Miami. Willing to do a month long AVI bet?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno about everyone else but this scenario seems much more plausible to me than Durant going to the Heat is.

It all really depends on Bosh is what it comes down to. If Bosh can come back, they likely bring back as much of this team as they can- Wade/Whiteside will probably take up all their cap room so I would THINK Deng and JJ will walk- especially since each figures to be around a 10M player in the current market (probably more really).

I read they have like 40 million in cap room...Whiteside will be about 20...and I dont expect Wade to be much less, if at all less, than 20...after that you have the mid-level- which Arison has not always used- and some smaller exceptions....itll be really interesting to see what Riley tries to do.

getting rid of McBob's 6 million would be a helluva place to start....ya never know either...6 million is very very little under the new cap...maybe they wont have to tie an asset around him like they likely would have had to do in past days.

Durant's probably going to sign a 2-year deal with a player option this summer. Westbrook is a free agent the following year and I doubt Durant signs a long-term deal while Westbrook leaves. Miami will be in play given Riley and the Heat's success over the years. Not saying he's guaranteed to come, but they'll have their hat in the ring and will at least get a look.

But yeah, McBob's contract is beyond terrible. Hopefully we can trade him for a couple 2nd round picks.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice your like is from Wiggy?

Wade isn't going anywhere.
If you can't understand why, then that's a you problem.

Wiggy is the most knowledgeable poster on this board other than @CitySushi . Sure, he's a bit overzealous toward LeBron and Kyrie at times, but this is a Heat/Laker-driven board I've seen a hell of a lot worse from Heat and Lakers fans such as yourself.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, your trolling is just reckless. Wade's staying in Miami. Willing to do a month long AVI bet?

Sorry, but you're just not worth my time. Just a bold prediction of mine. Got two vacations planned this summer - A Cubs trip to Cincinnati in late June and a family trip in early September. Plus, got my 10-year class reunion in July.

More power to you if you want to play the "chicken" card, but when push comes to shove...

You ain't worth my time.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but you're just not worth my time. Just a bold prediction of mine. Got two vacations planned this summer - A Cubs trip to Cincinnati in late June and a family trip in early September. Plus, got my 10-year class reunion in July.

More power to you if you want to play the "chicken" card, but when push comes to shove...

You ain't worth my time.

How is an avi bet time consuming? I think you mean to say the following:

when push comes to shove.....I'm a gigantic ragged out pussy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is an avi bet time consuming? I think you mean to say the following:

when push comes to shove.....I'm a gigantic ragged out pussy.

Pretty hilarious that he thinks so highly of Wiggy and has the same issue with being a pussy about an avi bet.

I will say though, that his excuse about "not having time" is even worse than Wiggy's excuses. So he's got that going for him.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty hilarious that he thinks so highly of Wiggy and has the same issue with being a pussy about an avi bet.

I will say though, that his excuse about "not having time" is even worse than Wiggy's excuses. So he's got that going for him.

I'm long passed the point where Dwyane Wade is worth that much of my time. I'm just about as old as he is anymore. If he signs with the Spurs, great. If not, it was a bold prediction worth making.

Pacers will soon be among the elite in the East once again and the Heat will be headed for mediocrity regardless of what Wade does.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm long passed the point where Dwyane Wade is worth that much of my time. I'm just about as old as he is anymore. If he signs with the Spurs, great. If not, it was a bold prediction worth making.

Pacers will soon be among the elite in the East once again and the Heat will be headed for mediocrity regardless of what Wade does.

You could be right about the Heat falling while the Pacers get back in the running in the east. Bosh may retire and while he's still pretty good, D-Wade isn't exactly "Flash" anymore. Riley has some serious work to do if he's going to keep the Heat in the mix.

What are Birds plan for your Pacers? To me, they seem like they are at a bit of crossroads. But I don't follow them like you do, so not 100% sure. Seems like they could decide to blow it up and start over, or they could try to add more to PG13 and make another run.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right about the Heat falling while the Pacers get back in the running in the east. Bosh may retire and while he's still pretty good, D-Wade isn't exactly "Flash" anymore. Riley has some serious work to do if he's going to keep the Heat in the mix.

What are Birds plan for your Pacers? To me, they seem like they are at a bit of crossroads. But I don't follow them like you do, so not 100% sure. Seems like they could decide to blow it up and start over, or they could try to add more to PG13 and make another run.
I think Bird could go a variety of ways with the Pacers.

What Bird DOES have is A. The 2nd best player in the East and B. a very good young center who takes up no cap room. Those are pretty good places to start.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bird could go a variety of ways with the Pacers.

What Bird DOES have is A. The 2nd best player in the East and B. a very good young center who takes up no cap room. Those are pretty good places to start.

Yep. He could kind of concede the East to the Cavs for about the next 3 years or he could decide to compete.

If he chooses to concede the east for the next 3 or so years...he could trade PG13 for draft picks and a young player, looking to build around his center and look to take over the east when Lebron's age really starts to show.

Or, he could decide to try and add to what he has and compete directly with the Cavs for the next few years by going after top FA's and trying to make trades that don't involve PG13.

I think it's going to be an interesting off-season all the way around.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George is signed for 3 more years at about 19M a year. That is a STEAL and an absolutely fantastic place to start from.

Having a top 10 player who is 26 years old signed up for under 20M the next 3 years makes Paul George one of the most valuable assets in basketball.

Myles Turner looked really good. I really did not have much idea of what to expect out of this guy when he came into the NBA, but you have to be excited about what this kid can do on both ends of the floor. Usually big men come around slowly, but he really has played well at his age 20 season- which is not easy to do. I would expect big things.

If I had to choose between paying Myles Turner a TOTAL of about 13 million over the next 4 years along with his attitude and work ethic and talent OR Hassan Whiteside at 4 years 80 million with his attitude and work ethic and talent....id have to seriously consider Turner...not saying I DEFINITELY would...but it would be something you would have to look long and hard at in my opinion.

The next 3 highest paid players are Ellis, Hill and Stuckey- at 10, 8, and 7 million respectively. Ellis is signed up for 2 more years but the other guys at only 1....If the Pacers wanted to get off of those 1 year contracts to create cap room they probably could- especially the Hill contract- someone would take him on a 1 year 8M deal no problem if Bird had designs of making a splash in free agency.

I really like CJ Miles as a bench scoring wing.

This team needs some more all star caliber talent though. I dont know if the next coach is gonna play George at SF or PF- but if he plays him at SF- getting a high level power forward should be a priority.

ideally i think a back court of ellis, hill, and stuckey has some talent- but could be improved upon...

there are building blocks to work with and cap room and Bird knows what he is doing...but there seems to be a limit on what they can acheive through free agency as well....IT should be an interesting off season. I agree with the move to fire Vogel. He had been there long enough- and was getting tuned out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know why you are laughing. They already have the hardest piece of the puzzle- an-in-his-prime star among the best in the game signed up long term. If you have that- ESPECIALLY in the East- you can without a doubt compete if you make some good moves

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty hilarious that he fires back with, I don't have time to talk about D-Wade. Yet spawns a thread on free agency, and spending a good time focusing on D-Wade.

He's a hypocrite and a pussy.