• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hoop Week 7 Top 25 Discussion Thread

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning @Utah is better than beating ND at home and winning @Wazzu is better than beating Minnesota at home IMO. Michigan's other 3 wins are CMU, Uconn and Akron, nothing of substance. Oregon State's other 3 wins are Colorado, Hawaii, and SDSU again, nothing of substance. But its why Oregon State is ahead in the computers at this point, because they have played a better schedule to date.

Based on what?? Minnesota was a bowl team last year that almost beat Texas Tech in their bowl, while Wazzou was sitting at home with 9 losses. Wazzou is a very bad team and has been for several years. Minny isn't great but they aren't nearly as pathetic as Wazzou.

You tout the computer polls as if they're legit, but have you actually seen how absurd some of them are?

Notre Dame is an extremely talented team this year. Utah isn't garbage, but they aren't on that level. Congrats on beating an inconsistent Stanford team, but upsets happen all the time. It doesn't make them a great team or anything. If Minnesota upset Ohio State, it would say much more about OSU than Minnesota.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what?? Minnesota was a bowl team last year that almost beat Texas Tech in their bowl, while Wazzou was sitting at home with 9 losses. Wazzou is a very bad team and has been for several years. Minny isn't great but they aren't nearly as pathetic as Wazzou.

You tout the computer polls as if they're legit, but have you actually seen how absurd some of them are?

Notre Dame is an extremely talented team this year. Utah isn't garbage, but they aren't on that level. Congrats on beating an inconsistent Stanford team, but upsets happen all the time. It doesn't make them a great team or anything. If Minnesota upset Ohio State, it would say much more about OSU than Minnesota.

Going to a bowl doesn't mean as much as it used to. Minnesota won two conference games last year. Wazzu has already won two conference games this year and was competitive against Auburn. Minnesota will be lucky to win their two conference games to get to a bowl this year.

IMO, at Utah is tougher than at home against Notre Dame, but not by a lot.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to a bowl doesn't mean as much as it used to. Minnesota won two conference games last year. Wazzu has already won two conference games this year and was competitive against Auburn. Minnesota will be lucky to win their two conference games to get to a bowl this year.

IMO, at Utah is tougher than at home against Notre Dame, but not by a lot.

We'll have to see about Utah. Don't forget, Notre Dame was in the NCG last year for a reason, and had some very impressive wins. They are clearly a very talented team.

I agree about going to a bowl, but if it doesn't mean that much, what does it mean when you miss bowl eligibility by 3 games?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who cares what happened las year. That has no bearing on this year. Have you seen Wazzu play this year? I doubt it. They were competitive against Auburn in Auburn, beat USC on the road and beat Cal by 3 TD's, and yes Cal sucks but still.

as for the computers, they are a part of the process, for the most part I find them legit.

And I love how you changed your tune on ND. 3 weeks ago you said they sucked, but now they are extremely talented? What is it? Or are you saying that to help your argument?

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Oregon
2. Florida St
3. Alabama
4. Clemson
5. Ohio St
6. Baylor
7. UCLA
8. Missouri
9. Washington
10. Texas A&M
11. Louisville
12. LSU
13. Georgia
14. Michigan
15. Stanford
16. Florida
17. Virginia Tech
18. Miami
19. South Carolina
20. Arizona St
21. Michigan St
22. Utah
23. Texas Tech
24. Oklahoma
25. Nebraska

Hey, you dropped your homerism!!:omg:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dana-carvey-waynes-world-watn-red-carpet-movie-photo-FC.jpg

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to see about Utah. Don't forget, Notre Dame was in the NCG last year for a reason, and had some very impressive wins. They are clearly a very talented team.

I agree about going to a bowl, but if it doesn't mean that much, what does it mean when you miss bowl eligibility by 3 games?

I'm not sure which team we're talking about that could miss bowl eligibility by three games.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares what happened las year. That has no bearing on this year. Have you seen Wazzu play this year? I doubt it. They were competitive against Auburn in Auburn, beat USC on the road and beat Cal by 3 TD's, and yes Cal sucks but still.

as for the computers, they are a part of the process, for the most part I find them legit.

And I love how you changed your tune on ND. 3 weeks ago you said they sucked, but now they are extremely talented? What is it? Or are you saying that to help your argument?

When did I say ND sucks? I've said they are a disappointment and I've pointed out that losing Golson would all but assure ND of not going unbeaten (and I was right), but they are still a very talented team. Hell their D-line alone has 2 likely top 10 picks in the NFL draft.

People on here get to bring up shit from years and years ago to try and discredit Ohio State, at least last year is more relevant than that shit. I doubt Wazzou has all of the sudden gone from a 3-9 team to a worldbeater. They are still not a very talented team at all.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure which team we're talking about that could miss bowl eligibility by three games.

They only won 3 games last year. That's what I was getting at.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say ND sucks? I've said they are a disappointment and I've pointed out that losing Golson would all but assure ND of not going unbeaten (and I was right), but they are still a very talented team. Hell their D-line alone has 2 likely top 10 picks in the NFL draft.

People on here get to bring up shit from years and years ago to try and discredit Ohio State, at least last year is more relevant than that shit. I doubt Wazzou has all of the sudden gone from a 3-9 team to a worldbeater. They are still not a very talented team at all.

They only won 3 games last year. That's what I was getting at.

I dont see how last year makes a difference. UNC won eight games and would've played in the ACCCG last year. We have one, maybe two, first round draft picks this year but we still suck this year. And, I don't think Wazzu is a worldbeater.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24seven, just curious but why is it better to be 4-1 or 5-1 with no wins and a ranked loss than 5-0 with no wins and no losses? Wouldn't you rather your team be 0-0 instead of 0-1 against good teams?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You specifically said ND sucks in that long ass Wisconsin/ASU thread bc I chimed in on the game. And here's another reason why you can't judge things on last year. Last year ND was the best regular season team in the county. This year we lost to very average Michigan and OU teams.

And Jesus, you translate being better than Minnesota to a world beater. Lol. Nobody on here said that. This year Wazzu is better than Minnesota. They've played a significantly harder schedule, have actually beaten a team with a pulse, and already have more wins than last year, despite the fact they didn't schedule creampuffs OOC like Minnesota did.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24seven, just curious but why is it better to be 4-1 or 5-1 with no wins and a ranked loss than 5-0 with no wins and no losses? Wouldn't you rather your team be 0-0 instead of 0-1 against good teams?

At this point in the season having played a ranked team is a qualification for the top portion of my poll. If you haven't done it, you haven't proven anything.
Still, if you're undefeated I give some credit/benefit of doubt for that (once you're over 5 wins), just not top-half credit until you've actually played in the big league.
As the season progresses the order of priority in my poll will shift, once more teams join the top league. Ranked losses will not weigh as much at that point, though they will still have clout.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this was said by sox33OSU on 9-15-2013:

Originally Posted by ericd7633 View Post
Ooh ouch...good one. Yeah I think ND sucks this year, big deal. Not sure how that disqualifies me some saying the same about Wisconsin.

"Wisconsin "lost" a very close game on the road 2 time zones away against a very good team, and only lost because the officials made them lose. ND flat out sucks. It'd be like a Boston College fan coming on here saying Georgia sucks because they lost to Clemson. You're just making yourself look like a desperate troll."

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...-wisconsin-arizona-state-game-thread-107.html

Again, what made you change your mind from ND "flat out sucking" to being an extremely talented team? Was it beating Purdue, MSU or a team that Wisconsin couldn't even beat.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you dropped your homerism!!:omg:

Actually, I usually let me computer set the template for my picks, and then adjust for a few teams I think are a bit crazy. Like right now it predicts Michigan to go undefeated the rest of the year, which is crazy, so I swapped them and Ohio St.

Same as always.

I only put Oregon down so far the week before because some Oregon fans wanted to troll game threads talking about how teams played cupcake teams and blah blah. When their standards were applied to the rankings, Oregon was down @ #22.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I usually let me computer set the template for my picks, and then adjust for a few teams I think are a bit crazy. Like right now it predicts Michigan to go undefeated the rest of the year, which is crazy, so I swapped them and Ohio St.

Same as always.

I only put Oregon down so far the week before because some Oregon fans wanted to troll game threads talking about how teams played cupcake teams and blah blah. When their standards were applied to the rankings, Oregon was down @ #22.

Sorry, I forgot to turn my sarcasm font on. That was actually suppose to be a compliment in that I was surprised that you didn't have alabama first and you're an alabama fan. I saw nothing wrong with it the poll at all, honestly.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this was said by sox33OSU on 9-15-2013:

Originally Posted by ericd7633 View Post
Ooh ouch...good one. Yeah I think ND sucks this year, big deal. Not sure how that disqualifies me some saying the same about Wisconsin.

"Wisconsin "lost" a very close game on the road 2 time zones away against a very good team, and only lost because the officials made them lose. ND flat out sucks. It'd be like a Boston College fan coming on here saying Georgia sucks because they lost to Clemson. You're just making yourself look like a desperate troll."

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...-wisconsin-arizona-state-game-thread-107.html

Again, what made you change your mind from ND "flat out sucking" to being an extremely talented team? Was it beating Purdue, MSU or a team that Wisconsin couldn't even beat.

They looked better in both of these games than I thought they would. I figured these would be L's for ND but I was wrong, so they don't suck like I thought, though it is extremely ignorant to say Wisconsin couldn't beat ASU. They easily could've beaten ASU, just not ASU + the refs.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They looked better in both of these games than I thought they would. I figured these would be L's for ND but I was wrong, so they don't suck like I thought, though it is extremely ignorant to say Wisconsin couldn't beat ASU. They easily could've beaten ASU, just not ASU + the refs.

If Wisconsin could have easily beaten ASU, they wouldn't have needed until the last 10 seconds to attempt a game winning field goal. They struggled all game with them. As for ND, they still aren't good. Beating mediocre MSU and ASU teams doesn't really do anything for me. Also FWIW, ND looked like shit against MSU, MSU just isn't very good. ND did play better against ASU though, that was probably the best game they played all year.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wisconsin could have easily beaten ASU, they wouldn't have needed until the last 10 seconds to attempt a game winning field goal. They struggled all game with them. As for ND, they still aren't good. Beating mediocre MSU and ASU teams doesn't really do anything for me. Also FWIW, ND looked like shit against MSU, MSU just isn't very good. ND did play better against ASU though, that was probably the best game they played all year.

That's not true at all. If the refs hadn't fucked them so badly, they would've had an easy, straight on FG that would've given them the win. Like I said, easy.

I never said ND was good. I've already still said they're disappointing this year. However, as I said, I still think they're better than Utah.