• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hoop Week 7 Top 25 Discussion Thread

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homers and fanboys, air your grievances here

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Florida State
5. LSU
6. Clemson
7. UCLA
8. Stanford
9. Baylor
10. South Carolina
11. Texas A&M
12. Miami
13. Louisville
14. Northern Illinois
15. Missouri
16. Wisconsin
17. Texas Tech
18. Michigan State
19. Fresno State
20. Virginia Tech
21. Nebraska
22. Michigan
23. Oklahoma
24. Auburn
25. Utah

I'll be interested to see if a non B1G fan has all of these teams ranked, and as highly as you do

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be interested to see if a non B1G fan has all of these teams ranked, and as highly as you do

I personally couldn't care less. Wisconsin still has an extremely good offense and should be 5-1 if not for referee theft. Michigan lost in 4 OT in an extremely hostile environment. Michigan State has probably the best defense outside of Florida. Nebraska may not be ranked in many posters' polls but I bet they will be in real life.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt it. I mean they all have decent records, but have beaten a COMBINED nobody.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally couldn't care less. Wisconsin still has an extremely good offense and should be 5-1 if not for referee theft. Michigan lost in 4 OT in an extremely hostile environment. Michigan State has probably the best defense outside of Florida. Nebraska may not be ranked in many posters' polls but I bet they will be in real life.

Michigan has been living on borrowed time. Barely escaped bad teams a couple times already

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as I'm concerned Wisconsin could be ranked higher. They'd be favored over half the top 25.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. They have put up good stats against absolute shit opponents.

Michigan hasn't been impressive in 4 weeks.

I will have OSU ranked, maybe Wisky 22+, but that's it. I haven't done my poll yet

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will have OSU ranked, maybe Wisky 22+, but that's it. I haven't done my poll yet

Ok

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VT and Bama have better defenses than MSU IMO. I'd also take Oregon's and UCLA's even though they won't have the stats MSU's does.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anybody validate Oregon State or Nebraska over Wisconsin? Our loss is much better than either of theirs, coming by seven on the road against a top five team which we outgained. Nebraska got killed on their homefield. Oregon State lost at home to a fucking FCS team. Our wins are much better than theirs. Nebraska's best win is at home against Illinois by 20. We beat a much better Northwestern team by 29 yesterday, and it should have been a lot more. Oregon State won at Utah in several OTs, which is about the same as our Arizona State performance (even if you think the official result is a loss, and even without the blatant last play robbery, it's no secret PAC officials favor PAC teams in OOC). And they don't have any other wins anywhere near the caliber of Northwestern.

Any ranking with Wisconsin beneath this team ignores all circumstances other than record. And if all you care about is record, then why the fuck are you participating in a human ranking? There is nothing human about that analysis.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anybody validate Oregon State or Nebraska over Wisconsin? Our loss is much better than either of theirs, coming by seven on the road against a top five team which we outgained. Nebraska got killed on their homefield. Oregon State lost at home to a fucking FCS team. Our wins are much better than theirs. Nebraska's best win is at home against Illinois by 20. We beat a much better Northwestern team by 29 yesterday, and it should have been a lot more. Oregon State won at Utah in several OTs, which is about the same as our Arizona State performance (even if you think the official result is a loss, and even without the blatant last play robbery, it's no secret PAC officials favor PAC teams in OOC). And they don't have any other wins anywhere near the caliber of Northwestern.

Any ranking with Wisconsin beneath this team ignores all circumstances other than record. And if all you care about is record, then why the fuck are you participating in a human ranking? There is nothing human about that analysis.

Re: Oregon State, IMO they have better wins. Winning @Utah is better than anything Wisconsin has done, they also won @Washington State by 30, which is more impressive than beating NW at home by 30 IMO(As I've said before I just don't think NW is very good). Yes, they lost to an FCS team, but so did Michigan and Va. Tech and they got back into the rankings. And Michigan got back into the rankings this exact week, and were a 2 loss team at that time back in 07.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT and Bama have better defenses than MSU IMO. I'd also take Oregon's and UCLA's even though they won't have the stats MSU's does.

No chance in hell Bama and UCLA are better. VT has also played nobody but Bama and the stats were skewed because VT's special teams blow. MSU consistently has an elite defense and this season is no different.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Oregon State, IMO they have better wins. Winning @Utah is better than anything Wisconsin has done, they also won @Washington State by 30, which is more impressive than beating NW at home by 30 IMO(As I've said before I just don't think NW is very good). Yes, they lost to an FCS team, but so did Michigan and Va. Tech and they got back into the rankings. And Michigan got back into the rankings this exact week, and were a 2 loss team at that time back in 07.

Wisconsin is better than Oregon State. Wisky has one bullshit "loss" and a 7-point defeat in Columbus. Oregon State was lucky to survive an atrocious San Diego State team and lost at home to an FCS team.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance in hell Bama and UCLA are better. VT has also played nobody but Bama and the stats were skewed because VT's special teams blow. MSU consistently has an elite defense and this season is no different.

VT and Bama have played a MUCH better schedule to date than MSU has. I'd love to see MSU play at A&M and see how many they give up. I mean they gave up 28 to IU, I'd have to think A&M would hang about 50 on them.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think whatever you want, but a 9-4 team returning everyone is better than a 2-10 team returning less talent. Northwestern's going to win at least 8. Wazzu will be lucky to finish with 5 wins.

And I love how you ignore the quality of loss. One lost by seven in an even game at #4 Ohio State. One lost by three in an even at home against FCS Eastern Washington, a team which has two double-digit losses.

It isn't close. I just saw Sagarin's formula that considers margin of victory has us at #14, and that doesn't consider the circumstances of our loss. At least you ranked us. Any poll that has us outside the 25 is complete and blatant horseshit. I shouldn't care, but I have a feeling at least some of the stupid real pollsters are going to do the same thing. And if we miss a BCS bowl because of it, I just might lose it.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree on both.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin is better than Oregon State. Wisky has one bullshit "loss" and a 7-point defeat in Columbus. Oregon State was lucky to survive an atrocious San Diego State team and lost at home to an FCS team.

That's your opinion. I'm not going to argue over teams from 20-25, because if your in that mix you aren't very good this year. ASU is an average team this year(couldn't even beat ND) Honestly, had they beat ASU, how much weight are you going to put into a team that will be a 5-6 loss team(with Wisconsin beating them)?

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did they have a good defense in 2010?

:dhd: