• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hats off To You Guys

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I really look mad in that photo? Quite the opposite. At least be accurate.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Stupid crap" lol. Since when is cheating stupid and irrelevant? I'm sure you'd like it to be. The NFL didn't think so.

I'm a Bills fan, but not your typical one. Plenty of people don't like me on here. I tend to be negative (and often, right) when it comes to the Bills at times throughout the season (if you can imagine). Trust me, if I still watch their games after like 16 years of irrelevance, I am either a fan or insane.

Just understand when people outside New England think of the Patriots, they think tapegate, deflategate, headsets not working and cheating.

When people outside of Buffalo think of the Bills, I have found it's usually "wide right" and their 4 SB losses (if they are old enough) or not much at all (if a bit younger).

Oh, trust me I am well aware of what people think of the Patriots and their fans. See it all the time, and hear it all the time. I'm sure it's as annoying to hear this as things are for you.

I just meant stupid shit because I wasn't even talking about that and it was brought up. I was actually trying to be nice and congratulate a team

I forgot about "wide right" until now.

At least now it appears you guys might have a QB

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, trust me I am well aware of what people think of the Patriots and their fans. See it all the time, and hear it all the time. I'm sure it's as annoying to hear this as things are for you.

I just meant stupid shit because I wasn't even talking about that and it was brought up. I was actually trying to be nice and congratulate a team

I forgot about "wide right" until now.

At least now it appears you guys might have a QB

Get used to it. He's negative Nancy. Don't worry yourself trying to reason.

For me, the Pats, "cheating" is a funny word. Integrity of the game is even funnier! The football psi has pretty much nothing to do with anything. Worse cheating is getting away with a hold/pass interference. Worse for the integrity of the game is the NFL trying to explain why Dez didn't catch that ball last year.

Brady is awesome. We had no game plan. We walked into this game way too cocky. Brady can spread anyone out and beat them. Belichick knows to not even try to run the ball. They are the best Coach/QB duo of all time and I'm not butt hurt the way haters are.

I want to beat them, but I'm not oblivious to what happens on the field. I don't pretend we won the SB when we're 1-0.

This one is on Rex and Roman more than Taylor. No crossing routes. No 3 step drops. No quick slants. Too much shot gun. Too many 30 yard routes. And no pressure on Brady with a 300 million dollar d line vs three rookies. Aaron Williams played too hot headed. Bad penalties everywhere. Cordy Glenn had his worst game as a pro.

Yes, I believe Taylor is different than what we've been seeing the last 22 years. We just have to call a proper game with him. I'm not excusing his bad throws, he had some...

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO: Is that what they were doing? Trying to "reason" with me? lol. Ok.

I think I made the point that Brady is awesome and so is Belicheat....which makes their team's rampant shennanigans and cheating even more beyond the pale. If this is Jacksonville, it's just as wrong, but maybe you understand it a bit more.

Totally disagree getting away with a hold or PI is worse cheating than deflating balls, messing with headseats, recording other teams practices (up to 40 times?), etc. It's the refs job to call the penalties. The refs can't control the more systematic abuses (and, apparently, neither can the NFL).

Anyways, not to overdo it, but this next game is HUGE for the Bills. Divisional game against Miami. So far as the division crown, it's probably too early to call anything a "must win", but this feels like it. NE will be 3-0 and NYJ I think will be too. Can't go 1-2 if that is how it plays out.

BoSox Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fans: Do you concede your team has a LEGIT history of cheating? Most of you do not. The rest of the NFL knows better and, GENERALLY, you guys are considered a bunch of morons acting like all this came out of thin air.

They did get caught cheating in spygate. No doubt about that. As far as the other history, all he said she said.

I know that sounds like Johnny Fanboy, but then again the she said part sounds like haters.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine. I appreciate you at least conceding Spygate. As I'm sure you know, plenty of your base cries conspiracy on that. Now it's leaked that the tapings weren't a one-time thing, but maybe a 40-time thing.

Don't get me wrong, as a Bills fan, I'd take a Super Bowl win with an asterisk at this point and be thrilled.

I think Brady was deflating balls. I also agree with the ruling overturning his fine (ridiculous) and suspension (too many games)...but a lot of people read into that a finding of innocence (including Brady), which absolutely was not what happened.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers was suspected of over inflating balls, he likes the absolute most air possible... but nothing came of it. If the NFL had such a problem with it, they would have had rules to avoid such a scenario. They had no such rules because it has no effect on the game. None. Zilch. Squat.

I'm not defending spygate. I'm laughing at people that call Tom Brady a "cheater". Like I said, getting away with a hold on the game winning TD is cheating. Yes, it's the ref's fault for not calling it, but the player knows what he's doing is illegal. How many times do the refs touch the "deflated" ball in a game? 150? It's just pathetic... and again, "integrity of the game?" LOL...

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are spreading the blame and looking at it big picture which is totally legit. I could not agree more the NFL practically invited Brady (or anyone) to deflate/inflate balls outside the rules. I was shocked to learn these guys even had control over the balls. Wouldn't it just be easier for the refs to bring all the balls to the game?!

Tom Brady is a cheater. He knowingly violated the rules to give himself an advantage. Maybe Rodgers is too, I didn't read much about that one (was news to me).

I see a distinction between all the holding and PI calls and Patriot cheating. In the heat of the moment, you can either hold a guy, or let your QB get murdered. Obviously, a lot of guys will hold. It's an unwritten part of the game and it's on the refs to call it. Spygate is NOT an unwritten part of the game that is out in the open for officials to see and call. I just don't see recording teams practices and holding remotely in the same ballpark.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are spreading the blame and looking at it big picture which is totally legit. I could not agree more the NFL practically invited Brady (or anyone) to deflate/inflate balls outside the rules. I was shocked to learn these guys even had control over the balls. Wouldn't it just be easier for the refs to bring all the balls to the game?!

Tom Brady is a cheater. He knowingly violated the rules to give himself an advantage. Maybe Rodgers is too, I didn't read much about that one (was news to me).

I see a distinction between all the holding and PI calls and Patriot cheating. In the heat of the moment, you can either hold a guy, or let your QB get murdered. Obviously, a lot of guys will hold. It's an unwritten part of the game and it's on the refs to call it. Spygate is NOT an unwritten part of the game that is out in the open for officials to see and call. I just don't see recording teams practices and holding remotely in the same ballpark.

I agree... for the most part. Spygate is indefensible. That is cheating. The psi of a ball, however, has no effect on the game. Especially when we're talking about miniscule amounts. You can pretend it does, but I'll take the words of all the Quarterbacks in the NFL over fans.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have proof of this?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the proof was pretty solid. There would also seem to be little need to destroy evidence if you had nothing to hide.

TKO: As to deflating the ball giving him no advantage, then why do it? I think you have to answer that question to support your point. The fact that he was doing it (against the rules) shows that, to him, it gave him an advantage and the rules be damned.

If this was the only egregious cheating scandal re: the Patriots it would probably not be a big deal. But to see Belicheat and Brady walk around with these shocked, victimized expressions on their faces is hilarious and pathetic at this point.

Smart teams when they go to Foxboro take extra precautions. Peyton so much as said it himself, a guy known for usually just regurgitating tired cliches and not causing drama. The Pats earned their cheating reputation. I doubt people worry the Jags are bugging the opposing team's lockerrooms.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the proof was pretty solid. There would also seem to be little need to destroy evidence if you had nothing to hide.

TKO: As to deflating the ball giving him no advantage, then why do it? I think you have to answer that question to support your point. The fact that he was doing it (against the rules) shows that, to him, it gave him an advantage and the rules be damned.

If this was the only egregious cheating scandal re: the Patriots it would probably not be a big deal. But to see Belicheat and Brady walk around with these shocked, victimized expressions on their faces is hilarious and pathetic at this point.

Smart teams when they go to Foxboro take extra precautions. Peyton so much as said it himself, a guy known for usually just regurgitating tired cliches and not causing drama. The Pats earned their cheating reputation. I doubt people worry the Jags are bugging the opposing team's lockerrooms.

Again, where's the proof Brady did that?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redseat: Should I really bother elaborating? I assume you've read the reports? My reasoning is the same as the NFL's reasoning. Again, I feel the punishment and the fine were both ridiculous and agree on them being over-turned, so it's not like I'm just hating on Brady. Shady team, shady leaders, dude got caught. Should be punished appropriately (small fine, 1-2 games)

If you require a detailed confession for Brady to find he did something wrong I can't point you to that.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
johnson and his ilk are butt hurt over three recent events:

1) Butler's INT.
2) Berman's ruling. (Cue 'Oh no, I'm on record as saying it was too harsh.") (Suppress "That doesn't mean I didn't want it to stick.)
3) Berman's ruling equaling innocence for Brady to everyone who doesn't hold a Brady bias. (Brady would definitely be considered more guilty if it was upheld, thus, he is seen as less guilty because it wasn't.)

Number three's the big one. They will have to point out that the over turning of the suspension does not equal innocence until the end of time. They will have to point out that the over turning of the suspension does not equal innocence until the end of time. They will have to point out that the over turning of the suspension does not equal innocence until the end of time. They will have to point out that the over turning of the suspension does not equal innocence until the end of time. They will have to point out that the over turning of the suspension does not equal innocence until the end of time. They will have to point out that the over turning of the suspension does not equal innocence until the end of time.................................................

With that out of the way, great post TKOSpikes. It's refreshing to see someone call it straight. I think you guys do have a promising young QB though, so that's the first piece of the puzzle. It's just a fact that the guy who gets the ball every time and decides what to do with it will impact the game profoundly. Gotta say that I was surprised that Rex went with the boasting shit last week. I thought he was toning it down as of late. Maybe the players have to be more mature than their coach.

Good luck making some solid progress this year and maybe the next game will be closer.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't tell you if he knowing had the attendant deflate the balls but I could tell you my opinion but it would just be that may opinion. That being said Brady is guilty of what he was suspended for. He didn't corporate with the investigation and when the suspension was announced that was the reasoning. I agree with Johnson that it should have only been 2 games (that way we would have avoided Brady).

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I can't stand NE, but I hate SEA more. Believe it or not, I was screaming and cheering when Butler caught that. Got the posts to prove it. Great play and possibly the best ending to a SB ever. So WRONG there.
2) I said I approved of the ruling. If you want to pretend I didn't, go ahead, but I meant what I said. Rules need to be applied fairly no matter who it's against.
3) Pointing it out is important because so many Pats fans and players mistakenly think the ruling meant Brady did nothing wrong and point to it for that point.

If Pats fans don't want to hear about their cheating anymore, then it's simple: stop cheating for like a few years. Maybe people will start to forget.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redseat: Should I really bother elaborating? I assume you've read the reports? My reasoning is the same as the NFL's reasoning. Again, I feel the punishment and the fine were both ridiculous and agree on them being over-turned, so it's not like I'm just hating on Brady. Shady team, shady leaders, dude got caught. Should be punished appropriately (small fine, 1-2 games)

If you require a detailed confession for Brady to find he did something wrong I can't point you to that.

Reports that were completely false and dis proven by many sources. There is no report, proof, or anyone saying Brady actually did deflate the footballs. Let's not forget the NFL should have stopped this before it even happened when they knew about it and did NOTHING about it and let it continue...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't tell you if he knowing had the attendant deflate the balls but I could tell you my opinion but it would just be that may opinion. That being said Brady is guilty of what he was suspended for. He didn't corporate with the investigation and when the suspension was announced that was the reasoning. I agree with Johnson that it should have only been 2 games (that way we would have avoided Brady).

?? You mean the cell phone that the league said he didn't have to provide?

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?? You mean the cell phone that the league said he didn't have to provide?

I don't know whatever the particulars were. Frankly I don't care all that much but that doesn't change the fact that the official reason why Brady was suspended was because he didn't cooperate with the investigation. Its in the official NFL press release.