• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh officially going to Michigan

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people need to stop acting like this is front office's fault. harbaugh has pulled this shit every team he's coached. The dude is an asshole and rubs on people after about 3-4 years. I think any one of us could've won a shitload of games with the roster harbaugh got. (i'm kidding).

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to stop acting like that have any idea what happened between the FO and Harbaugh. We won't know whose "fault" it was because all of our info comes from the sports media which...yeah.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to stop acting like that have any idea what happened between the FO and Harbaugh. We won't know whose "fault" it was because all of our info comes from the sports media which...yeah.

Very good point. We really don't know what happened. Harbaugh might just as much be to blame. In time, we might find out what really went down.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where's there's smoke, there's fire. and smoke follows harbaugh every where he goes.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Harbaugh isn't to blame for this relationship. I'm just saying I don't know. All these reports and sources are always anonymous and weakly defined. Not sure if more will come out later, but at this point it feels like everyone is just speculating using unreliable "stories" and their own personal biases.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to say HaHa to the people that said post a link. it was all over the TV. here is your god damn link. LOL Season just ended 35 min ago.

Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco 49ers mutually agree to part ways - ESPN

I find it ironic by him leaving, he is indirectly verifying all the media talk that he was so against. Rumors, distraction talk, tense relations his, etc. Not saying that it's true to the extent of what the media said, but not making friends with the media, does this. Actually, it doesn't verify it, but whenever we hear these things in the future, we can't just poo-poo it and roll our eyes. It'll be a maybe?

Not giving the media all the credit, just saying they had some strong objections to their reports.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe he's been there 4 years already... End of a little mini era... Time just fly's bye... He did a great job for you guy's .... Helluva coach...

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't matter who's fault it is York is the owner of the team and is responsible for everything that happens with it. Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in the game College or Pro no matter how he rubs people. If the 49ers spiral back down into a losing team it all falls on York's shoulders for not taking charge and smoothing over the bumps to keep Harbaugh happy.

Clearly by not doing this York firmly believes he can land a coach just as capable and able to win a Super Bowl with this team. If that doesn't happen I'm sure Baalke will get the brunt of the blame, but York is the one with the power.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter who's fault it is York is the owner of the team and is responsible for everything that happens with it. Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in the game College or Pro no matter how he rubs people. If the 49ers spiral back down into a losing team it all falls on York's shoulders for not taking charge and smoothing over the bumps to keep Harbaugh happy.

Clearly by not doing this York firmly believes he can land a coach just as capable and able to win a Super Bowl with this team. If that doesn't happen I'm sure Baalke will get the brunt of the blame, but York is the one with the power.

I agree that the buck stops with the Yorks. I assume that Jed is just a puppet for his family. Jed could've stepped in at any time and given Harbaugh a vote of confidence by giving him an extension. He didn't and the Yorks are ultimately responsible for this shit show of a season. I just hope that the Yorks are making the right call here to go in another direction with the head coaching position, as they pretty much sacrificed this season in order to run Harbaugh out of town. As always, we'll have to wait and see.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people need to stop acting like this is front office's fault. harbaugh has pulled this shit every team he's coached. The dude is an asshole and rubs on people after about 3-4 years. I think any one of us could've won a shitload of games with the roster harbaugh got. (i'm kidding).

Honest question; is there evidence that San Diego or Stanford ran him out for personality reasons, or did Harbaugh just leap to a better job in each instance?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All done. Why talk about quickest let go and hire I have seen. let go 15 min after the game and hired that night. Mich is making it official today.

Good luck to Harbaugh except when you play ND. I don't expect him to be at Mich for long. 2-3 years at most.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question; is there evidence that San Diego or Stanford ran him out for personality reasons, or did Harbaugh just leap to a better job in each instance?

He did leap but now he is going backwards. Weird. His brother has a super bowl and pete has a NCS and a Superbowl.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did leap but now he is going backwards. Weird. His brother has a super bowl and pete has a NCS and a Superbowl.

It may be backwards to you, but maybe not to Harbaugh. It's an opportunity for him to coach his alma mater and turn around a storied program. Plus it makes him the highest paid college coach. He's young enough where he will get another shot in the NFL.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be backwards to you, but maybe not to Harbaugh. It's an opportunity for him to coach his alma mater and turn around a storied program. Plus it makes him the highest paid college coach. He's young enough where he will get another shot in the NFL.

At this point turning around another team is pointless for him. He needs to start adding championships and show longevity at his job. Both likely not to happen at Michigan.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point turning around another team is pointless for him. He needs to start adding championships and show longevity at his job. Both likely not to happen at Michigan.
This is just my opinion but I think this came down to money. I think this has been going on for bit with offers from Cleveland, Oakland, Michigan of course and the 9ers offer,maybe others. It seems like he or his agent put the word out that he was for sale. He chose the best money deal. I can't recall a HC in the NFL with the success he had getting these offers while he was under contract.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He may just do that in Michigan. What's pointless about turning a program like your alma mater? If he wins a national championship, he will be revered forever. He might just stay at Michigan for more than four years.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you may think this is a backwards move, does Harbaugh feel the same way?

I'd so say
Super Bowl Champion > National Champion
I'm sorry but no college coaches will ever be held to the same legendary status as NFL coaches. Also consider he and Carrol are forever linked due to their success opposite each other and Carrol has a National Title and Super Bowl. Harbaugh should be wanting to stay in the NFL, but there is no doubt the money from Michigan was hard to pass up.

Crappy thing about this though is you know he is not going to stay at Michigan no matter how much they want him to. He wants to win a Super Bowl title and will back in the NFL within as little as 1 year though 2 a safer bet.

I think it's a gamble on his part though. If he doesn't turn Michigan around and compete with Ohio St for the Big 10 title then it will vastly hurt his value in going back to the NFL. It's a what have you done for me lately game and world we live in now. If he spends 2 to 4 years leading Michigan to 8 and 9 win seasons he won't have the same number of suitors lined up with a check book for his service.

Last edited by a moderator:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd so say
Super Bowl Champion > National Champion
I'm sorry but no college coaches will ever be held to the same legendary status as NFL coaches. Also consider he and Carrol are forever linked due to their success opposite each other and Carrol has a National Title and Super Bowl. Harbaugh should be wanting to stay in the NFL, but there is no doubt the money from Michigan was hard to pass up.

Crappy thing about this though is you know he is not going to stay at Michigan no matter how much they want him to. He wants to win a Super Bowl title and will back in the NFL within as little as 1 year though 2 a safer bet.

I think it's a gamble on his part though. If he doesn't turn Michigan around and compete with Ohio St for the Big 10 title then it will vastly hurt his value in going back to the NFL. It's a what have you done for me lately game and world we live in now. If he spends 2 to 4 years leading Michigan to 8 and 9 win seasons he won't have the same number of suitors lined up with a check book for his service.

I'm not saying it'a a great move, not saying it's a bad move either. He could come out of this looking like a genius.

The one thing that does seem weird is the fact that he doesn't stay at one place very long, which may, in and of itself deter teams from hiring him.