• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Halloween on the road as 19 point dogs...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These double digit spreads just keep coming.

Hard to believe how much we suck this year....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a replay of the BU vs TT game last night. Brewer... the BU QB... threw 3 terrible INT’s. The TT offense did nothing downfield all game. Their attack was exactly the same as ours.... short screen passes... hitches... slants.

I honestly hope they don’t beat us by 19 or more, because this BU team isn’t that good.... at least IMO...

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a replay of the BU vs TT game last night. Brewer... the BU QB... threw 3 terrible INT’s. The TT offense did nothing downfield all game. Their attack was exactly the same as ours.... short screen passes... hitches... slants.

I honestly hope they don’t beat us by 19 or more, because this BU team isn’t that good.... at least IMO...

Bare Cupboard for our real HC to work with, can't expect these boys to go down there and hold it close

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember, it doesn’t matter. This is HCNBs 1st season and he has no cupboard to draw from. Trust the climb! Just because an OC was able to do it, developed QBs, and averaged more than 24 points and HCNB, who was a HC prior to coming here hasn’t, YOU MUST TRUST THE CLIMB!

I ‘m patiently waiting for season 4 when the ship is righted. By then, Poppy will not have to worry about a “bare cupboard” and all of HCNBs players will be in place. No more checkers, baby, it’s GO TIME! Season 5 when we challenge for the Big 12 Championship, and then Season 6 when we are in the Playoffs. No Balls gave HCNB a 6 year contract for a reason because that is 1 smart man. By the way, are HCNBs coaching staff working under 1 year contracts?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FHCDH impressed me with wins over Oklahoma State on a bad year and against Baylor when we had Trickett. We knocked Baylor out of the playoff that year.

This is the chance for HCNB to get that signature win. I doubt he will do it but will watch just in case.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, our HC has to show the fans he can come out and have his kids ready to play 4 qtrs of football.

I watched TT attack the BU defense with short pitch and catch plays. It’s the only thing our offense can do. So... stick with what works. I honestly don’t care if we throw the ball 60+ times tomorrow night. The only decent thing our OL can do right now is pass protect.

If WVU gets waxed by BU... I’m gonna need a whole lot of brown stuff to help me get through the last two home games...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FHCDH impressed me with wins over Oklahoma State on a bad year and against Baylor when we had Trickett. We knocked Baylor out of the playoff that year.

This is the chance for HCNB to get that signature win. I doubt he will do it but will watch just in case.

Don't you find it puzzling the lack of imagination on offense?..I feel out side of the zone read element we are watching Rich's offense again..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, our HC has to show the fans he can come out and have his kids ready to play 4 qtrs of football.

I watched TT attack the BU defense with short pitch and catch plays. It’s the only thing our offense can do. So... stick with what works. I honestly don’t care if we throw the ball 60+ times tomorrow night. The only decent thing our OL can do right now is pass protect.

If WVU gets waxed by BU... I’m gonna need a whole lot of brown stuff to help me get through the last two home games...

Let me do my hillbilliy math on 60 passes for the game....Kendall threw 46 passes for 4 interceptions vs Texas...so my guzinta's equation 4 + 1`4 equals 14 more throws guzinta 60 guzinta wind velocity ..guzinta quantifiable stress level ..guzinta pie...guzinta to too 20 pepperoni rolls...equals 6.5 interceptions...!!

Last edited:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brown stuff ON THEEE WAY!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you find it puzzling the lack of imagination on offense?..I feel out side of the zone read element we are watching Rich's offense again..

I noted some good plays during the NC State game that were creative and successful. We have had some creative ways to get the ball into Sam James hands. Compare this to HCBS who ran Ryan Clarke up the middle 24 times in a row one game (amazingly without a fumble).

My guess is that HCNB wants the players to execute page 1 of the playbook before going moving on and concentrating on the things that the offense does well. My hope is that sometime this year we find ourselves in a close game in the 4th quarter and we get to see offensive genius. We were spoiled with Dana's offense the past few years. He had a knack of finding something in the defense to take advantage of. He did limit his plays and ran them from different formations. How many times did we see Kennedy McCoy up the middle last year?

Much of what we see depends on the players. A screen play looked dynamic when Tavon or Kevin White took it to the house. HCNB does not have any player that create a great mismatch to take advantage of the defenses we play.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noted some good plays during the NC State game that were creative and successful. We have had some creative ways to get the ball into Sam James hands. Compare this to HCBS who ran Ryan Clarke up the middle 24 times in a row one game (amazingly without a fumble).

My guess is that HCNB wants the players to execute page 1 of the playbook before going moving on and concentrating on the things that the offense does well. My hope is that sometime this year we find ourselves in a close game in the 4th quarter and we get to see offensive genius. We were spoiled with Dana's offense the past few years. He had a knack of finding something in the defense to take advantage of. He did limit his plays and ran them from different formations. How many times did we see Kennedy McCoy up the middle last year?

Much of what we see depends on the players. A screen play looked dynamic when Tavon or Kevin White took it to the house. HCNB does not have any player that create a great mismatch to take advantage of the defenses we play.

I just think repetition builds success..so yes run your core plays but if you don't expand the playbook how does this group of players continue to grow?...or maybe this is all it is from a play calling perspective..

I find it bizarre that this offense does not challenge in a meaningful way the back end of the defense...if they challenge at all its all deep third outside the numbers..to your point were are the deep cross or skinny posts up the middle of the field like White used to run..you have to find a way to make the safety's play honest and to me they have yet to even come close..it hurts our running game.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think repetition builds success..so yes run your core plays but if you don't expand the playbook how does this group of players continue to grow?...or maybe this is all it is from a play calling perspective..

I find it bizarre that this offense does not challenge in a meaningful way the back end of the defense...if they challenge at all its all deep third outside the numbers..to your point were are the deep cross or skinny posts up the middle of the field like White used to run..you have to find a way to make the safety's play honest and to me they have yet to even come close..it hurts our running game.

I was really looking forward to this season... excited to see how Neal's offense would look... how the 4-2-5 would work. So... this year feels little different than Rich's first year. This offense is terrible... the defense has been plagued by injury... but the playmaker positions... the bandit and spear... have generated zilch.

Every offense/defense has to have difference makers. I believe great coaches adjust to the personnel... they don't force personnel into an attack/system. They adapt.

I'm not seeing that this year. Just like Rich forced pro style personnel into his shot-gun spread attack, Neal has forced kids recruited to play in Dana's Air Raid into whatever his offense would be labeled.

Neal seems to call a game that is as conservative as Don Nehlen's. Yes... he will attempt an onsides... a fake punt... an occasional trick play... but, IMO... the kids run the same plays out of the same personnel groupings. This allows the defense to make an easy key... hence... our passing plays are not working now. DBs are breaking on the ball early cuz they know where it's going.

Trust the climb...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton made me think about his point of attacking the deep middle. He's right. I don't think we've even tried.

Is this due to AK's lack of arm strength? Is it due to Neal's fear of our opponent's coverage having an advantage?

Neal keeps referring to our opponent's secondary coverage preventing some deep passing attempts. He seems to imply he can only target deep if he can pull the safeties up to the LOS to slow down the run game. Without a run game, the safeties can play over the top.

What happened to the staple of the Air Raid? 4 verticals. That stresses the back end. Honestly... maybe we're running it. I truly can't say...

It doesn't feel like we're running it. Kind of like we forgot we have a TE who can be a receiver.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have had some of the deep crossing patterns run but not thrown. I have seen ints on crossing patterns and I don’t think that Kendall is particularly good at timing on crossing patterns. Thapey take timing and accuracy. Saw the same thing with a mason Rudolph for the Steelers. Bad timing on crossing patterns, but good touch on go routes.

Is the lack of running those plays a result of playing to our strength or boring offense?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have had some of the deep crossing patterns run but not thrown. I have seen ints on crossing patterns and I don’t think that Kendall is particularly good at timing on crossing patterns. Thapey take timing and accuracy. Saw the same thing with a mason Rudolph for the Steelers. Bad timing on crossing patterns, but good touch on go routes.

Is the lack of running those plays a result of playing to our strength or boring offense?

They are running intermediate under the safety's..I am talking about pushing the the ball 20+ and create those one on one match ups further down field or even put our kids in more 50/50 balls and take some real chances...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton made me think about his point of attacking the deep middle. He's right. I don't think we've even tried.

Is this due to AK's lack of arm strength? Is it due to Neal's fear of our opponent's coverage having an advantage?

Neal keeps referring to our opponent's secondary coverage preventing some deep passing attempts. He seems to imply he can only target deep if he can pull the safeties up to the LOS to slow down the run game. Without a run game, the safeties can play over the top.

What happened to the staple of the Air Raid? 4 verticals. That stresses the back end. Honestly... maybe we're running it. I truly can't say...

It doesn't feel like we're running it. Kind of like we forgot we have a TE who can be a receiver.

God i am not sure who I love to here me tell I am right more..you or my wife!:scratch::yes::lol: