• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

good teams win

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with backups. They don't look lost cause of one guy.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sit the star. always a next year

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sit the star. always a next year
Thing is - Burrow isn't the only star....Chase, Higgins, and Mixon has been running well....Browning is a step back, but those guys can step up if given a chance....right now, Burrow isn't giving them a chance he's so out of whack...

I said it in the other thread, but Chase sat himself last year...could have come back early, but stayed out until he knew he was at/near 100%...Other guys stepped up, and he put his trust that they would be able to hold the fort down until he got back. Burrow, I appreciate the effort, but he's a shell of himself. Without being able to push off that back leg his trademark accuracy is gone, and his inability to maneuver in the pocket makes him a sitting duck.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted him to play and maybe will a win but I have changed my mind. heal up, fight another day

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder if this is something he's been dealing with. He's not looked right for 3 games.
I don't think so. I remember him coming down weird near the sideline on a play that he frankly should have caught the ball. Now, maybe he was already sore in that area, but it seemed rather specific to that play. I think his inconsistency has more to do with his looming free agency and his worries about production given the current state of his QB. I always thought of Jesse Bates as a very mature player, and even he had issues during his 4th season due to worries about his deal.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. I remember him coming down weird near the sideline on a play that he frankly should have caught the ball. Now, maybe he was already sore in that area, but it seemed rather specific to that play. I think his inconsistency has more to do with his looming free agency and his worries about production given the current state of his QB. I always thought of Jesse Bates as a very mature player, and even he had issues during his 4th season due to worries about his deal.
He's just had a really, really rough start...he's dropping passes, getting outworked for contested catches, and even those ones he catches - there are times it seems like he's bobbling the ball to secure it. Not always, but it's happened. Almost like he can't see the ball until it's right on him and then he's late reacting...