• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give 2 ligit reasons why the Broncos will win

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think many expected the Denver D to neutralize the Patriots. Mind you, it was the Patriots - one of the most dangerous offenses in the playoffs!

If Denver's D can confuse one of the best QB's in NFL history (Brady), imagine what they may do to a less-experienced Cam Newton. (Especially a QB who would rather joke around on the sideline during games instead of checking photographs of formations, etc.)

Michael Vick in his prime was a dangerous QB. He gave a lot of teams mismatch problems and was difficult to contain. But for some reason, the Bears had his number. Vick never won a game that he started against the Bears (0-4). Maybe Denver will be Cam's kryptonite.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat...Cam Newton has not been hit more than 6 times in any game this year. The Broncos are 12-1 when hitting a QB 7 or more times this season.

That is an interesting stat, particularly given that Bronco defenders hit Tom Brady 23 times last Sunday.

My guess is that Newton takes some hits.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an interesting stat, particularly given that Bronco defenders hit Tom Brady 23 times last Sunday.

My guess is that Newton takes some hits.
No where close to as many because Cam has legs. If Broncs take that threat away they have a chance. Tough game plan for Wade, completely different from last one.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) The entire Panthers team gets the flu.
(2) The fix is in, like in 2001.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No where close to as many because Cam has legs. If Broncs take that threat away they have a chance. Tough game plan for Wade, completely different from last one.

True. Ware and Miller have to contain the edges and the pressure needs to come from the middle. Wolfe, Jackson, Williams, Walker, Smith, et. al. have pretty consistently shown all year that they are capable of bringing pressure up the middle. I think that Newton will be sore after the game. Maybe not as sore as Brady was, but still sore.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks @cdumler7
I will be counting the hits.

Didn't Brady take more hits last week than any QB this year?
Scary!!

A local stat geek said that Brady took more hits than any QB in 10+- years. That o-line was a dumpster fire for sure.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A local stat geek said that Brady took more hits than any QB in 10+- years. That o-line was a dumpster fire for sure.

Might have had something to do with the Broncos defense. Then again, I do recall a thread claiming that the only way the Pats could lose is if they were to beat themselves.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have had something to do with the Broncos defense. Then again, I do recall a thread claiming that the only way the Pats could lose is if they were to beat themselves.

Broncos D played well for sure, but let's face it the Pats O-line was manned by a one legged LT, a center (Stork) who blew a gasket early and played like an idiot along with five 3rd string scrubs. I've been biting my nails for 8 weeks hoping that the likes of Marcus Cannon, Tre Jackson, Cameron Fleming, Josh Cline and Shaq Mason wouldn't get Brady killed and they almost did. Hell the only one of that group that has ever played well is Cline and he was awful.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos D played well for sure, but let's face it the Pats O-line was manned by a one legged LT, a center (Stork) who blew a gasket early and played like an idiot along with five 3rd string scrubs. I've been biting my nails for 8 weeks hoping that the likes of Marcus Cannon, Tre Jackson, Cameron Fleming, Josh Cline and Shaq Mason wouldn't get Brady killed and they almost did. Hell the only one of that group that has ever played well is Cline and he was awful.

NE o-line was good enough to beat KC the previous week in a game where I don't think Brady was sacked even once. And the Broncos did lead the league in sacks. Perhaps that is merely an artifact of facing a lot of teams with banged up o-lines. LOL

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE o-line was good enough to beat KC the previous week in a game where I don't think Brady was sacked even once. And the Broncos did lead the league in sacks. Perhaps that is merely an artifact of facing a lot of teams with banged up o-lines. LOL

NE's O-line was good enough to help Brady come within a 2 point conversion of tying the game against the Broncos too, but they still sucked.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Denver D is something else, I think they will slow Cam and the offense down with the way they have been playing
2. Peyton

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense and special teams. that's all I got and needs to be said. Peace.

mike hunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reasons Denver has a shot
Defense & The us against the world mentality

Panthers secondary might let the Broncs hang around especially if Denver can run it a little..