• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give 2 ligit reasons why the Broncos will win

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good defense... defense win's championships.... despite the NFL doing everything it can to make that more difficult, it still proves true ... Now that being said, the Panthers have a good defense also so that's what makes them a complete team... But the Broncos still have the edge defensively ... The key for Denver is not falling behind early, Panthers are good at jumping on teams quickly... Also what's the status on Thomas Davis playing? He's a really big part of what the Panthers do on D, that would be a HUGE loss for the Panthers...

Last I heard he was still planning on playing. He will have I think 12 or something screws in his arm though for the game so will be interesting to see how limited that makes him.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paytan Maning are to ligit too quite

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 reasons??? There are a ton of reasons.
Secondary, Milller, Ware, DT and Sanders, best total defense in league, best pass defense in league, 30 yards from best rush defense in league...and yeah Peyton Manning. He is old, he is feeble, his arm strength is questionable, but for one game...why not...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Bronco pass rush - Broncos DL is firing on all cylinders right now. The Panthers OL has been pretty good this year but Von Miller is close to unblockable right about now. This will force Newton to move and his accuracy takes a tumble when he throws on the move.
2. Peyton Manning - His 4 Super Bowl appearance and the one where he is expected to do the least. Oddly there is very little pressure on him. He can pick his spots and eat the ball and let the defense carry them to victory.

That's pretty close. Not just the pass rush but the Denver Defense in general needs to keep Carolina's offense under control. Keep it close.

So Manning and the running game can make enough timely scores to win.

It's doable.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant to say a ton of reasons why they COULD win, not a ton of reasons they will...didn't mean for it to look like I was stating Denver willl definitely win

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be overestimating Carolina as we sit a little over a week out, but other than turnovers, I don't see Denver winning this football game. Denver has a great defense but the d-ends will not have the field day they had against New England last week. The actual game story may be the pressure Carolina applies.

24-13 Carolina

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally agree on PM's experience and how big of an edge that is.

I am very encouraged about how well the Panthers O-line has pass protected lately. They did a great job of keeping the pocket in tact against both Seattle and Arizona - 2 very good defenses.

Actually, I disagree on the whole Peyton Manning's been there before theme.

Peyton Manning had been there before and Drew Brees hadn't. Who won that Super Bowl?

Peyton Manning had been there before and Russell Wilson hadn't. Who won that Super Bowl?

Experience has not helped Peyton Manning in previous Super Bowls. Why should this one be different?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You win the SB with what got you there, so I agree with you, but I wouldn't be surprised to see both teams mix up a few things.
That's what good teams do. For the Broncos, they went from one of the most blitz heavy teams in the NFL to barely blitzing Brady at all.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right which is why I mentioned the depth of the zone spots or how deep off the Corners are at the start. Those are small changes that close up some of those short windows forcing Manning to show he can beat you over the top. Going from a Cover-2 Zone though to bump and run man coverage is a huge change in identity. They do play some man but from what I saw it was more off man coverage so again it would be something they haven't done but here and there throughout the year. Hard to see them making such a huge change.

I agree we're not going to see any major changes (one reason I think it will be low scoring) but I think CAR will want to find out early what Manning is working with by making those short passes a little harder early in the game. IMO he has to go deep some to keep the S honest.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I disagree on the whole Peyton Manning's been there before theme.

Peyton Manning had been there before and Drew Brees hadn't. Who won that Super Bowl?

Peyton Manning had been there before and Russell Wilson hadn't. Who won that Super Bowl?

Experience has not helped Peyton Manning in previous Super Bowls. Why should this one be different?

Look at his performance on Sunday as an example of what I was referring to.

Bill Simmons couldn't stop whining about how the Broncos offense did nothing for 3 1/2 quarters. What he didn't seem to realize is that the Broncos swallowed the football once they got the lead and trusted the defense to win the game, which they did.

This is the 1st Super Bowl that Manning will be playing in where he isn't expect to carry the team. He'll get to pick his spots. Unless the Panthers run over the Broncos defense, I would be surprised to see Manning cough up the ball in this game.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant to say a ton of reasons why they COULD win, not a ton of reasons they will...didn't mean for it to look like I was stating Denver willl definitely win

Nice backpedal...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:D

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Stop Cam as a run threat. This is a weapon Pats could not dream of, Brady did have the longest run of the game against Denver LOL! so imagine what SuperCam could do.

2) Protect Manning, Panthers have a better D than the Pats, especially pass rush.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I heard he was still planning on playing. He will have I think 12 or something screws in his arm though for the game so will be interesting to see how limited that makes him.

He can't take hits and get physical with that kinda pain though... I doubt he play's ... Manning will go right after him, especially if he's dropping back in any kinda coverage... He's not gonna be affective tackling either with a broken fricking arm...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Put pressure on Cam with that beastly front 7. (It was amazing how quick and often they were getting to Brady)
2. Running backs (out of the backfield as well) and o-line play.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this game has the same feeling as a few years ago when Seattle beat down the Broncos

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Put pressure on Cam with that beastly front 7. (It was amazing how quick and often they were getting to Brady)
2. Running backs (out of the backfield as well) and o-line play.

Panthers have the big running threat in Cam, who can run inside, outside, score TDs doing somersault in midair. Very different from putting pressure on Brady.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are hyping up big time to send Peyton off into the sunset with a W. (Although the Broncos may have hyped up big time for Peyton to beat Brady, and shot their load...thus falling flat in the SB.)

A tight, defensive effort by both falls back on the turnover battle....favouring Denver.