• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give 2 ligit reasons why the Broncos will win

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Please make them real football. I am wondering what it would be like to have an actual football discussion on this forum.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outstanding defensive play and points off turnovers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) DEFENSE( Thinking they force a turnover or two and also contain Cam)

2) As Pete Prisco noted today on twitter, their running backs can have a big day in the receiving game as the Panthers LBS drop back really deep when they play zone. Manning may be able to dink and dunk to CJ & Hillman frequently

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
1) DEFENSE( Thinking they force a turnover or two and also contain Cam)

2) As Pete Prisco noted today on twitter, their running backs can have a big day in the receiving game as the Panthers LBS drop back really deep when they play zone. Manning may be able to dink and dunk to CJ & Hillman frequently
good Points. the Panthers are due to give up some big running plays

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. They have the #1 defense in football with the #1 pass rush in football.
2. Seattle and Arizona were banged up and bad on oline and people are overestimating Carolina a bit

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. They have the #1 defense in football with the #1 pass rush in football.
2. Seattle and Arizona were banged up and bad on oline and people are overestimating Carolina a bit

Hey, come on now! #2 has an editorial in it...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outstanding defensive play and points off turnovers

Fully expect the first. Am worried, however, that the second might possibly cut the wrong way. That said, though, have to admit that I am encouraged by how well the good guys have taken care of the ball since PFM returned in the past three games,

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense. The Broncos can man up on the outside and take away running lanes for Cam and the running backs. With someone like Cam who still struggles with accuracy from time to time, he may struggle to throw against tight coverage.

The X factors: some people may scoff at this, but the Broncos can play the underdog, no one believes in us card and use it as motivation. That's essentially what they did against the Patriots, they felt disrespected and played with a chip on their shoulder. The other big X factor is getting another ring for Manning. I think Manning is sure to retire at the end of the year, and the players know it. Believe me, that's really got them motivated. Again, some may not believe it, but I saw it happen with Ray Lewis and the Ravens in 2012, and I think we're seeing something similar here.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Defense. The Broncos can man up on the outside and take away running lanes for Cam and the running backs. With someone like Cam who still struggles with accuracy from time to time, he may struggle to throw against tight coverage.

The X factors: some people may scoff at this, but the Broncos can play the underdog, no one believes in us card and use it as motivation. That's essentially what they did against the Patriots, they felt disrespected and played with a chip on their shoulder. The other big X factor is getting another ring for Manning. I think Manning is sure to retire at the end of the year, and the players know it. Believe me, that's really got them motivated. Again, some may not believe it, but I saw it happen with Ray Lewis and the Ravens in 2012, and I think we're seeing something similar here.
Cam has completed 70% of his passes in the Play offs.

If a team needs more motivation than what you get from playing in the super bowl then you got problems

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully expect the first. Am worried, however, that the second might possibly cut the wrong way. That said, though, have to admit that I am encouraged by how well the good guys have taken care of the ball since PFM returned in the past three games,

No question in my mind that whoever wins the turnover battle is going to win. They might only score 3 points off turnovers, but that would be enough. I don't expect a high-scoring game.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

PM does not seem to be forcing it as much as he did earlier in the season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Bronco pass rush - Broncos DL is firing on all cylinders right now. The Panthers OL has been pretty good this year but Von Miller is close to unblockable right about now. This will force Newton to move and his accuracy takes a tumble when he throws on the move.
2. Peyton Manning - His 4 Super Bowl appearance and the one where he is expected to do the least. Oddly there is very little pressure on him. He can pick his spots and eat the ball and let the defense carry them to victory.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers from what I have watched play a cover-2 trap defense. There are holes in that defense for some plays. As many teams have been trying it does lend itself to give up the big play over the top if the safeties get out of position. If Manning can hit 1 or 2 of those then huge things could happen. This defense also lends itself to holes on the outside in that 5-10 yard out route area and also across the middle where you can flood the middle with Kuechly the only guy covering the middle most of the time. You can dink and dunk wearing out the DL with quick throws in that way.

Defensively for the Broncos it comes down to sound tackling. They are going to have a lot of 1-on-1 match ups. The Panthers thrive on making one guy miss and picking up big chunks of yards forcing a defense to commit more guys to the box and then being vulnerable over the top. If the Broncos can keep the Panthers under 3 yards per play on 1st down they stand a very good chance of slowing that Panthers offense down enough that the offense won't have to get into a shoot out.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....Bronco's Defensive/schemes will = keep Cam out of rhythm, hold onto ball too long/force him to run more and throw int's,.....Denver's Defense will jam/smother TE-Olsen repeatedly, and they'll stop rb/stewart,.....Denver has to keep Cam in-check/slow-down game/control clock and keep Panthers under 24-pts. if they wanna shot at winning...........pats did this a couple years ago when steve smith was their top-receiver, I don't think the panthers went over 20-pts. in that gm,...?,......*all ''if's''*.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
1. Bronco pass rush - Broncos DL is firing on all cylinders right now. The Panthers OL has been pretty good this year but Von Miller is close to unblockable right about now. This will force Newton to move and his accuracy takes a tumble when he throws on the move.
2. Peyton Manning - His 4 Super Bowl appearance and the one where he is expected to do the least. Oddly there is very little pressure on him. He can pick his spots and eat the ball and let the defense carry them to victory.
totally agree on PM's experience and how big of an edge that is.

I am very encouraged about how well the Panthers O-line has pass protected lately. They did a great job of keeping the pocket in tact against both Seattle and Arizona - 2 very good defenses.