• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: GDT: Tuesday Night, Devils/Columbus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why he did it..at that time he complimented Kovy well. Even though the $$ was crazy high for a guy coming off an injury.

But there are two types of players in this league..players that make other players look good , and players that need talent around them to look good.

Its clear what type of player Zajac is.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to pile up on Zajac... i agree that he is a shell of himself pre-injury/contract.... we did need him though with Parise' departure but holy moly has Zajac been a disappointment in terms of expectations...

perhaps I rated him too highly or expected much more than what was really there? he's not playing what we need of him...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not for anything though looking at it the additions have actually played well.

ryder leading in goals
brunner i think is 2nd on that list
jagr has some points

only player clowe has been a let down.

its the rest of the lineup that is bad

elias a ghost and hurt
zubrus a non factor for his entire career somehow gets inked for 3 more years! there are other players with "size" that are "tough along the boards"
henrique has shown some signs of life
zajac has been brutal
loki is meh so far

4th line has been lights out imo

Can't stop that 4th line! :suds:

Very happy with Ryder, definitely a player I wish we had before... I like his willingness to shoot, whether its wristers or slappers... he's accurate enough and triggers quickly... i like it.

I still have high goals for Loki... I hope he doesn't bust... really thought we have something with him...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why people are mad at Zidlicky here. He's currently leading the Devils in scoring. It's Volchenkov, Salvador, Greene, Harrold, & Larsson that have been complete non-factors so far this season.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree Doobie. I know he has issues defensively, but this was known his entire career. Offensively, he is the only dman that has a clue what to do.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Doobie. I know he has issues defensively, but this was known his entire career. Offensively, he is the only dman that has a clue what to do.

Yeah, at least Zidlicky is doing something for the team, which is more than I could say for the rest of the Devils' blue line.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know this team probably could have won a few games on the road trip, but it might be better they didn't. I said this at the start of the season. The last thing I want is for this team to hover around 8,9,10 mark, make a push for the playoffs, and fail on a year without a draft pick. If this team is to suck, let it suck and become sellers at the deadline.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why people are mad at Zidlicky here. He's currently leading the Devils in scoring. It's Volchenkov, Salvador, Greene, Harrold, & Larsson that have been complete non-factors so far this season.

Yeah, at least Zidlicky is doing something for the team, which is more than I could say for the rest of the Devils' blue line.

no no no! lol

Zidlicky will have his moments offensively, sure, but he is such a terrible defensemen... too much of a liability for what he does "good"

i'm old school in that, I want my defensemen to play defense and know how to play it first, offense comes second. He's offense first and his offense isn't good enough to overshadow his liabilities and errors.

He's suppose to be the last line of defense and he's a doggy door... :gaah:

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But at least he can do something well. The other aren't even playing good "defense"

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can continue to beat this dead horse, I would much rather have Urbom, Merrill, Larsson and Gelinas back there fucking up because at least with them there is some upside and they can learn from their mistakes. The guys we have back there are what they are at this point. They're not going to progress or get better.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly. But PDB won't play Gelinas, Larsson, and Merrill.
And Calamity, not trying to argue since Zids pisses me off as well plenty of times, but lets not just single him out.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't worry guys!

We'll get some more wins when teams start using us as a day to rest their starting goalie.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at least he can do something well. The other aren't even playing good "defense"

in all fairness, you are right on that. Nasty below beat me with what would be my response

If we can continue to beat this dead horse, I would much rather have Urbom, Merrill, Larsson and Gelinas back there fucking up because at least with them there is some upside and they can learn from their mistakes. The guys we have back there are what they are at this point. They're not going to progress or get better.

Exactly my mindset... with Urbom, Merrill, Larsson and Gelinas there's the chance of upside and therefore growing pains are expected and understandable... although Larsson is on my when the hell are you going to show me something side lol....

They are what they are, a reason why i ask why is Harold there... we're not winning games and the untouchable defensemen have been disappointing....

If PDB wants to wait til he gets fired, so be it

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. But PDB won't play Gelinas, Larsson, and Merrill.
And Calamity, not trying to argue since Zids pisses me off as well plenty of times, but lets not just single him out.

PDB decision not to play them may be his downfall... I know Stevens hasn't been great(at least hasn't showed us) but maybe if Stevens worked with younger guys who might actually be inclined to listen rather than the guys who've been here and established their games already...

Defensively and long term, I didn't see the real value of Zids staying on over a Larsson(who has perhaps impede his growth offensively since Zids does everything offensively from the d side) or the other "hopeful" defensemen we have... there comes a time to move on, we had our cup run and last season Zids just did not prove his worth for me... his defense is too atrocious for a team that needs defense...IMO

With my mindset entering the season, I am quick to single him out but I'll try to limit my rants...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
here is the thing i dont understand.

if i'm pdb 1-8 and on the road to getting fired. why wouldn't he play the kids? sit someone and try to mix it up and save his job?

lou maybe wants these guys out tehre?

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been mentioned before, but Zajac has only reached 20 goals in 2 different seasons. In the 08-09 season he scored 20 goals and in 09-10 he scored 25 goals. He had 42 assists in both of those seasons. Nice numbers but not worth anywhere near what Lou gave him. Now that he has that contract, he's looked at to put up worthy numbers and he seems like he just cant get it going.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
sj i will be more then happy with 20g and 42a from zajac lol

maybe the jets will want to take the hometown boy off our hands?