• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: GDT: Tuesday Night, Devils/Columbus

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I remember you didn't want Larsson. I think the team had no choice. This was a guy that people had going number 1. When he dropped to 4, it almost forced the Devils to take him.
Based on reports, I was ok with the pick. At the time, it seemed like a steal.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I remember you didn't want Larsson. I think the team had no choice. This was a guy that people had going number 1. When he dropped to 4, it almost forced the Devils to take him.
Based on reports, I was ok with the pick. At the time, it seemed like a steal.

yeah that was a big issue that they were forced to take him. i was hoping someone in the top 3 would've taken him. but your right with him there how weren't they suppose to take him? so i can't really fault the devils playing the hand they were dealt still though wish they traded back and got some more picks.

i remember when he was drafted either bob mckenzie or pierre mcguire said "STEAL OF THE DRAFT RIGHT HERE STEAL OF THE DRAFT" i said to myself o lord!

but hey i'm not saying the kid is going to be a total bust. but so far up to this point he has been a TOTAL BUST. i would be amazed if he pans out to be a top 2 d man. @ #4 in the draft he should be a top 2 imo

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand how you go from playing him 20+ minutes a night his rookie year to healthy scratching him and playing him 14 minutes a night?

Also, nowhere near bust yet. He's fucking 20 years old. If he's at this level when he's 25 I'll call him a bust.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont think he makes it on this roster til the age of 25 at this rate.

when you cant beat out a bunch of 30 year olds and peter harrold you have issues!

start of the ranger game they menionted pdb says "i'm putting the best 20 players out there to get a win" they made a point to say after that adam larrson isn't one of them. yikes!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I have to call you out on it Cup, you didn't want Larsson not because you didn't want Larsson but because you wanted a center instead of D. Let's not rewrite this like you saw into the future and predicted he'd be a bust.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the top 3 players , that draft hasnt really been a successful one for the players taken in the first round. So its hard to get on Larsson too much. Even though he was the first Dman taken a lot of the others havent even cracked a lineup in the NHL yet.

Even Dougie Hamilton , who has shown much more then Larsson , has been a healthy scratch a couple games this season.

I remember wanting either Larsson or Strome and chances are Strome would've cracked our lineup already. Even still I think Larsson has a decent upside.

If 2 out of Larsson , Gelinas and Merrill turn into studs then thats a good thing going forward.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If he doesn't pan out to be the next Lidstrom, then a lot of scouts were wrong about him. Experts were also saying he was one of the few that year to be NHL ready and could help a team right away.
This wasn't Lou taking a chance on some kid that nobody heard of. I think every team would have grabbed him at number 4 if available.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its still too early for any of the players drafted that year. The only thing of note any player has done from that draft is make big money and totally fuck up the bridge contract concept. Landeskog and RNH have been injured and haven't really produced much of anything.

Huberdeau was decent in half a season last year though. It'll be interesting if he's the best player out of the bunch. He was the one who was thought of being picked too early.

I was really disappointed that they kept Larsson in the NHL that first year. It was such a no brainer to stay in Sweden and develop the offensive skills on a top team.Replacing Rundblad as the main offensive force on the backend would have been huge. Instead he was overwhelmed by the change to the NHL and was forced to completely ignore his offensive game in hopes of learning to play defense. I don't think its a coincidence that the players who spent more time developing made out the best from that draft.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, I have to call you out on it Cup, you didn't want Larsson not because you didn't want Larsson but because you wanted a center instead of D. Let's not rewrite this like you saw into the future and predicted he'd be a bust.

your 100% correct and who did i want. sean courtier who isn't tearing it up by any means but would be a nice solid 3rd line center on this team with the right line maybe even top line.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Patrik Elias has an issue that is beyond the flu, wonder what it may be

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
granted hamilton has cooled off but you can at least say "this is what we can expect from the guy" when he brings his "A" game.

i still dont know if i can say the same for larrson outside of that goal gainst the flyers in game 2.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK back to the subject at hand, since we have very little history against the BJs uh em...

OHIO SUCKS....

:noidea:

We'll find something

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It shouldn't be hard to start up a rivalry. They're basically built from castoff Flyer and Ranger rejects. (Granted, Flyers reject is a good thing, they tend to get rid of good players and bring bad ones in)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to laugh the other night when NHL Tonight referred to the Islanders-Canes matchup as a rivalry matchup...