• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: GDT: Saturday Night, Devils/Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranger guy, just a heads up, you have a low post count so it's possible you don't know the deal, the team boards are supposed to be a safe haven. It's kind of a rule on these boards to keep the trolling and hostility to a minimum and so that threads don't get hijacked and turn into petty shit talking drivel.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
mindset? go back and read this post. The team made Hank better by blocking shots, he couldnt beat the tougher teams where Marty did and its not saying "Thats like saying Marty hasnt been good the past 20 years" like you are trying to claim

What the hell have you been watching?
Its the other way around. He makes the defense better than they really are. Don't you remember the Caps series (any of them) where it was a shooting gallery and he was making save after save after save. Ovie was ready to throw his stick into the garbage. Henrik was the only reason Caps didn't sweep or win in 5.

I don't like him, but not sure how you can say he is overrated.
He has been struggling, but lose that guy to an extended injury, and season is over.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is Ranger guy

Ranger guy, just a heads up, you have a low post count so it's possible you don't know the deal, the team boards are supposed to be a safe haven. It's kind of a rule on these boards to keep the trolling and hostility to a minimum and so that threads don't get hijacked and turn into petty shit talking drivel.

I wasnt trolling......we are not allowed to say another team isnt that good? like the devils

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell have you been watching?
Its the other way around. He makes the defense better than they really are. Don't you remember the Caps series (any of them) where it was a shooting gallery and he was making save after save after save. Ovie was ready to throw his stick into the garbage. Henrik was the only reason Caps didn't sweep or win in 5.

I don't like him, but not sure how you can say he is overrated.
He has been struggling, but lose that guy to an extended injury, and season is over.

hank is overrated has been for years, cant win big games when they count and doesnt beat top tier teams for that particular season

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Regardless if it was the system, he's overrated or whatever, He's still been the most consistent goalie over the past 5 years. Expecting the current season's trend to continue is stupid.

Personally I'm not sure where other people are rating them so I have no idea if he's overrated or not. Saying he's the best goalie now does not mean he's an all-time great or even HOF worthy. He's never been the best goalie in a season and I wouldn't expect him to carry a bad team to victory over a good team in the playoffs. However, goalies haven't been consistent since Marty won his consecutive Vezinas. Hank is more reliable than Price, Bobrovsky, Thomas, Miller, Rinne, Quick, Fleury, Luongo, and all other so called top goalies right now.

Post rant explanation:
Goaltending NHL-wide is deep but there are no elite top goalies right now. Hank has been the best of a group of flawed goalies, which would be an overrated statement if taken out of context.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless if it was the system, he's overrated or whatever, He's still been the most consistent goalie over the past 5 years. Expecting the current season's trend to continue is stupid.

Personally I'm not sure where other people are rating them so I have no idea if he's overrated or not. Saying he's the best goalie now does not mean he's an all-time great or even HOF worthy. He's never been the best goalie in a season and I wouldn't expect him to carry a bad team to victory over a good team in the playoffs. However, goalies haven't been consistent since Marty won his consecutive Vezinas. Hank is more reliable than Price, Bobrovsky, Thomas, Miller, Rinne, Quick, Fleury, Luongo, and all other so called top goalies right now.

Post rant explanation:
Goaltending NHL-wide is deep but there are no elite top goalies right now. Hank has been the best of a group of flawed goalies, which would be an overrated statement if taken out of context.

good point.... "elite" was used constantly over at the espn board and I disagreed totally.
I like Hank and I think he can play better but in the same sentence Marty has won more cups and has stolen more wins from other teams than Hank and with that being said thats a goaltender winning on his own when he steals wins for his team.....awesome post

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would anyone have a problem if I just lock this thread?

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we would have still beaten LA.....you cant beat LA or Washington, I __bet you lose your next game__, your team doesnt have an identity and your coach is on the hot seat. I would even bet that Big Lou is worried under the new ownership......just to show im not trolling, there rumors that the Rangers might be seeking a trade and Lundquist has been overrated the past 10 years

Not trying to troll but you guys are in trouble and what did I say?

Status
Not open for further replies.