• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: GDT: Saturday Night, Devils/Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true.

Vigneault's system does not work for them at all.

How is Kreider not playing for them either?

I wonder if he's just another overrated NY prospect that will never pan out.[/QUOTE]

We can hope, but the kid did look good when they 1st brought him up

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Devil fans, very impressive win tonight .

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Noway Cory doesn't get the start next game enough of the splits.

Solid game all around physical too I like that.

Lord o lord does Lindquist look bad! That powerplay goal doesn't make it to him last year you can tell that the lack of shot blocking is taking its toll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Pittsburgh , there isnt one team in this division that is a real contender. Tons of question marks with every single team so it looks like any of em can finish 2nd and 3rd in the Metro.

Lets be realistic , everything that could go wrong on that 5 game trip did go wrong. But if were able to take care of business within our division we'll be there at the end.

About 30 points behind the Pens , but still there.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah seriously 0-7 and with this win they jump to 5th I think

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game guys, you were clearly much more hungrier than we were. Some Ranger ''fans'' said this would be an easy game, but a real fan knows it wasn't going to be one. You dominated us, good game, looking forward to our next meeting.

Signed, a pissed off, but realist Ranger fan :)

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game guys, you were clearly much more hungrier than we were. Some Ranger ''fans'' said this would be an easy game, but a real fan knows it wasn't going to be one. You dominated us, good game, looking forward to our next meeting.

Signed, a pissed off, but realist Ranger fan :)

Thanks, feel your pain, my pain tonight was listening to that tool/fool Michelletti on Hockey Night

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Noway Cory doesn't get the start next game enough of the splits.

Solid game all around physical too I like that.

Lord o lord does Lindquist look bad! That powerplay goal doesn't make it to him last year you can tell that the lack of shot blocking is taking its toll

The Zubrus goal would not have happened under their old system either. Forwards didn't drop back to cover down low which they used to do. Not sure if the change creates more offense though, they still got shutout.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Zubrus goal would not have happened under their old system either. Forwards didn't drop back to cover down low which they used to do. Not sure if the change creates more offense though, they still got shutout.

The rangers are also missing a huge portion of their offensive players. 3 of their top 6, right? (Callahan, Nash obv). Not sure which line they play Hagelin on, but he always seems pretty damn dangerous out there with his speed.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Either way this has to lighten the mood a bit around the team, now all they need to do is win against CBJ and things will get rolling. Also, I thought Tedenby had a strong defensive game tonight. Nice to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Harder when the whole team isn't diving in front of shots for you

Partially, but he still would make unbelievable saves even with 5 guys laying down on the ice. I wonder if its the smaller pads. hmm

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I feared getting attacked for this prior to this win but the team is not that bad. We won last night, should've/could've/would've won the Oilers game and Islanders game and we could debate the Calgary game since 2 of their goals came off of 2 complete phantom calls. We're not that far into the season, if we start getting some bounces and actually play for 60 minutes we're better than a lot of teams.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I feared getting attacked for this prior to this win but the team is not that bad. We won last night, should've/could've/would've won the Oilers game and Islanders game and we could debate the Calgary game since 2 of their goals came off of 2 complete phantom calls. We're not that far into the season, if we start getting some bounces and actually play for 60 minutes we're better than a lot of teams.

wrong.....the devils are not that good, worse is the Rangers and I mean the Rangers depth. The last place team could have beaten us 2-0. The devils looked lost as well you beat a lousy Ranger team without their 3 top players especially callahan not being in the lineup.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rangers are not good and if henrik isnt on top of his game, the team blows. Same thing can be said for years now. He basically carried your team since joining NY.

Your top 3 players are as follows.
1) Henrik
2) Henrik
3) Henrik

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils looked lost last night? Might have to explain that one to me.

And agreed Nasty...there is no doubt in my mind if Schneider is in net we win those games against the Isles and Oilers and possibly the Flames too even those the refs gave that game to them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Rag fan cant give credit where credit is due..Devils dominated the Rangers last night. And incase you didnt see the pregame , we were without 2 of our players too.

Sorry the Rangers arent a deep team. Blame Sather.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly. No Brunner and Elias. Brunner has been the top offensive player thus far.
I don't think anybody here is celebrating yet. Not like this one win makes them a cup contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.