• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Cubs vs. Giants - 8/11/10

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Start time 7:15pm

Lineup to follow shortly.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For any of you who might be currently viewing. I'm going to try and keep this thing going up until the end of the Padres series this weekend. If it doesn't catch on by then it probably never will. If that is the case, no worries we can just stick with the ESPN board.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, maybe the lineup won't be ready as soon as I thought it would, lol.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey Filo, thanks for the invite. I'll give it a go.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Filo, thanks for the invite. I'll give it a go.

Hey gp, awesome! Yeah, I figure the way the trolls have piled in on the main forum, it would at least be nice to discuss baseball during the actual game day/night threads. We can still go and mess with the trolls on the ESPN board for everyday stuff. This board set up is pretty nice. You can incorporate gifs, youtube video's etc. into the actual post.....oh yeah and you can actually curse here as well. Fucking shit. There is also an ignore feature just in case any trolls do figure this place out.

Anyway, it's just you, me and Colin so far I believe, so it may be brief for awhile, lol.

EDIT: It's just nice to be able to read a lot of the good/funny/knowledgeable posters without having to sift through 2 pages worth of crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sure. We'll see how it goes. The ability to post multimedia stuff is going to be pretty cool. If this takes off, it'll be pretty funny to see the point when the trolls realize they're only interacting with other trolls. At the very least, it'll be nice to have a place to enjoy the game with "normal" fans.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. We'll see how it goes. The ability to post multimedia stuff is going to be pretty cool. If this takes off, it'll be pretty funny to see the point when the trolls realize they're only interacting with other trolls. At the very least, it'll be nice to have a place to enjoy the game with "normal" fans.

That would be entertaining to watch. Having Tito, Nolan, True and Livin having a troll Battle Royale.

It definitely will. Plus it's fun reading different, educated opinions on why things happen in-game and how players are evaluated today. I am just beginning to barely scratch the surface with the whole Sabermetrics thing, so it's fun to have guys like you and ElJ educate me on the subject.....because it seems there is a big abyss you can fall into when you don't know what it is you think you're analyzing.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be entertaining to watch. Having Tito, Nolan, True and Livin having a troll Battle Royale.

It definitely will. Plus it's fun reading different, educated opinions on why things happen in-game and how players are evaluated today. I am just beginning to barely scratch the surface with the whole Sabermetrics thing, so it's fun to have guys like you and ElJ educate me on the subject.....because it seems there is a big abyss you can fall into when you don't know what it is you think you're analyzing.

Agreed on both counts; the endless complaining on the ESPN board is tiring. I too am an amateur sabercat, GP and EJ's takes on that stuff are very informative.

P.S. Buster ain't havin it: YouTube - ‪Posey guns down WSU baserunner‬‎

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard gents. I don't mean for this board to be a complete substitute (although if you guys wish it can be). If it naturally turns into something like that then great. It was more just an escape for the regulars who had grown tired of the trolls to have a sanctuary from the es*n board madness......maybe we can actually talk about baseball during a Giants baseball game eh? Instead of say, listening to something like this:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way guys, feel free to invite anybody else from over at the main board that you'd like to post over here.....as long as they talk about baseball during the baseball game. ;-)~

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard gents. I don't mean for this board to be a complete substitute (although if you guys wish it can be). If it naturally turns into something like that then great. It was more just an escape for the regulars who had grown tired of the trolls to have a sanctuary from the es*n board madness......maybe we can actually talk about baseball during a Giants baseball game eh? Instead of say, listening to something like this:

LOL, yep that's usually how I feel on the other board lately.

ElJimador

Keepin it Real
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Filo. Thanks for the invite and for getting this started. I hope it can be a sanctuary from all the fanboy trolling and mindless negativity that has taken over the ESPN Giants board of late. Could you invite Bhaakon and LagunaHillsGiant too? I don't know how to send a private message through ESPN but they would be good additions here. I'll go through a few threads and remind myself of some others also. Maybe by then I'll figure out how to send a message myself.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we're getting there.

So far I think we have:

sf giants r the best
tzill
ColinCoby
gp956
and I think I saw ElJimador as well.

Now maybe it won't be as lonely during the GDT, lol.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for setting this up, Filo.

Apropos of nothing, it was 59 years ago today that The New York Giants fall 13 1/2 games out of first place. I think you know how that movie ended. Hint: "The Giants win the pennant, the Giants win the pennant."

Also, how do you guys add in video clips directly?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Filo. Thanks for the invite and for getting this started. I hope it can be a sanctuary from all the fanboy trolling and mindless negativity that has taken over the ESPN Giants board of late. Could you invite Bhaakon and LagunaHillsGiant too? I don't know how to send a private message through ESPN but they would be good additions here. I'll go through a few threads and remind myself of some others also. Maybe by then I'll figure out how to send a message myself.

No problem guys, I really just stumbled upon this site. I post on the main hockey forum and noticed that the SF Giants board was completely vacant. After reading derailed game thread after derailed game thread, I figured I may not be alone in wanting a better place to talk baseball.

I know not all of us get along all of the time, but everybody here at least has the capacity to agree to disagree.

I'll invite some others. I think it will be hard to get guys like Bhaakon, agiantstep, dubabay and Stokes over here though as they are some holdovers from back in Teh Mule days and they never left (as far as I know) for the "Run Board". Although I believe GP is as well and he didn't mind checking this place out. We'll see.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for setting this up, Filo.

Apropos of nothing, it was 59 years ago today that The New York Giants fall 13 1/2 games out of first place. I think you know how that movie ended. Hint: "The Giants win the pennant, the Giants win the pennant."

Also, how do you guys add in video clips directly?

No problem man. Like said, it was kind of a serendipitous act that I came across this board to begin with. Maybe I'm that blind squirrel from the old adage? :D

As for your question, there is a way you can do an "advanced" reply. What you have to do is click on the little Youtube button on the upper left hand side of the post box. When you do that you will see the word youtube in all caps in parentheses. You then copy/paste or type in the number/vowel sequence at the end of the youtube clip and put them in between the [YOUTUBES].

For example (YOUTUBE)31g0YE61PLQ(YOUTUBE)

You don't put in the entire link i.e. - YouTube - ‪The Office- Michael Scott No God No‬‎

So you should get this:

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for the invite filo. i like this format a lot better. its similar to another site i post on a lot. hopefully this works out

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for the invite filo. i like this format a lot better. its similar to another site i post on a lot. hopefully this works out

No problem man. If anything, all you guys should thank ColinCoby! If he hadn't shown up last night, I probably would have thought that this was going to be a wash, lol.