• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. I guess this is why people can't even agree if the fucking world is round these days.

WTF are you talking about? How in any objective sense can you say that the cinematography was shitty?

Lemme guess, you were one of those people who doesn't know how to change the black level of your TV?

I am convinced it was shitty for some and not for others and had nothing to do with the tv or the settings. Watch the video clip shown earlier and then remember how you saw it. Way different I would imagine. I don't think it was the producers or directors fault. I think fault of cable/satellite companies handling the volume or something.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I did. I knew about the darkness issue before the episode, and I adjusted my TV to overcompensate, and I still had a hard time.

My room was very dark, and I have a 65" LG OLED C8. Not professionally calibrated, but I think I did a good job with it. I wasn't streaming either, I was on the DirecTV broadcast.

I could have maxed out all the levels, but why should I have to? It should be clearly visible under normal calibration.

The cinematography itself was good, but they made a style choice to make things dark and difficult to follow.

I didn't have a hard time following at all. On my shitty 43" 720 Samsung.

I rest my case.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am convinced it was shitty for some and not for others and had nothing to do with the tv or the settings. Watch the video clip shown earlier and then remember how you saw it. Way different I would imagine. I don't think it was the producers or directors fault. I think fault of cable/satellite companies handling the volume or something.

Fuck you and your reasonable findings that would explain different experiences.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in the show trained like Arya did to be the swift blade of death. She's the ultimate Min-Max stealth assassin.

She spent all 7 seasons becoming what she was this past weekend, and she was already skilled from episode 1. Her entire series journey was about becoming a badass.

I'd like to see a flashback of what she did, but she wasn't ex-Machina or Mary Sue at all.

She worked her ass off to be a bad ass in different weapons as well magic shit.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Platoon had a climatic chaotic battle in the dark and it was fine. i.e. it's possible.

I guess I was surprised so many top level characters survived.

Except the Queen of Bear Island.. A surprise fan favorite. :(

I had no problem with Arya sneaking up to kill the Night King. Didn't she spend time learning how to fight blind?

She was a fearless leader. That giant was gonna fuck up that castle pretty quick and she saved the day/night.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a theory she wore a face of an Other/wight and did the stealth thing that way. We've seen her use stealth before (and knew she had elsewhere, how else would she have baked Frey pie or joined the whores with Merant Trant).

Refresh my memory but doesn't a person have to be dead in order to steal their face? If so not sure how she could have gotten a WW face. I know the WW have died at one point, or were they? And still not sure where she would have stolen the face.

Lots of much small shit to remember in the show.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refresh my memory but doesn't a person have to be dead in order to steal their face? If so not sure how she could have gotten a WW face. I know the WW have died at one point, or were they? And still not sure where she would have stolen the face.

As someone else mentioned, an Other would not be possible...but a wight would for sure. Others shatter.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a show only person I always felt it goes back to the time in Bravos. When they would be working on a face it was meticulous and took time to do right. They didn't swing a hand and the face was off. Now....that's just going by what they show you in a show thats moving along....so it might not be worth much.

But, based on that little bit I don't think she could have gotten a face too quickly.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO the Lord of Light is the 3ER.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's never been specifically confirmed because the weapons were forged in Valyria way before the story takes place. Nobody really knows. But at the time the weapons were forged dragons existed and there are instances in the story where it is mentioned that Valyrian steel is forged with magic and dragonfire.

This is the reason many believe that Valyrian steel can kill White Walkers in the books even though we've never seen it. The show seemed to confirm that these weapons can in fact kill White Walkers.

Valyrian steel is even called Dragonsteel at one point in the books.

That guy Tywin hired re-worked the steel, which is not the same thing as forging new Valyrian steel. That guy was also the only person in Westeros with the ability to re-work Valyrian steel.
I could be wrong, but I believe he was one of three people in the world who could rework Valyrian steel and none of them are from Westeros.