• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, what resolve this issue logically is if Cersei has started to move her forces northward to take advantage of the North being weakened and recovering after the Battle with the Dead.
But I doubt the guys who brought you Arya Diesel are smart enough to do this.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repay her for something she should have and needed to do anyway... with half the lives of *other* people? Nah. I’m not buying what you’re selling.

So, you think Jon Snow's character, after promising Dani that he'd help her defeat Cersi if she'd help defeat the Night King, would tell Dani to do her own dirty work after Dani helped defeat the Night King?

Have you watched the show?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repay her for something she should have and needed to do anyway... with half the lives of *other* people? Nah. I’m not buying what you’re selling.

Huh? If she went up to Kings Landing with her Dothraki, Unsullied and two dragons, she'd be sitting on the Iron Throne by the end of episode 3.

Why did Dani need to go to Winterfell and Cersei didn't???

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a theory she wore a face of an Other/wight and did the stealth thing that way. We've seen her use stealth before (and knew she had elsewhere, how else would she have baked Frey pie or joined the whores with Merant Trant).
Impersonating a White Walker seems a bit out there. Not sure I'd buy that. It does seem to be consistent that if you’re wearing someone’s face then that person is dead. Not sure that would work with a White Walker.

I realize she is sneaky. Like, incredibly sneaky. You mentioned the Frey pie/Frey mass poisoning thing. That was ridiculous what she would have had to do to pull that off. She would have had to:

1) Break into the Twins undetected

2) Murder those two Frey guys

3) Cut the two Frey guys up and dispose of the most of the body parts undetected

4) Sneak into the kitchen and bake the pies with the body parts

5) Feed the pies to Walder Frey

6) Kill Walder Frey and dispose of the body undetected

7) Impersonate all three dead Freys simultaneously for several weeks so no one suspected anything was up while all the other Freys traveled to the Twins for Arya’s poisoning party

8) Poison all the food and kill all the Freys

9) Escape the Twins

You have a point there. The Frey stuff is waaaaay more ridiculous than sprinting through a horde of undead and then in front of several White Walkers undetected (personally I still think they could have had her just drop from the trees and it wouldn’t have been as crazy). So this doesn’t really exceed anything she’s done in the past. It just think she’s waaaaay too overpowered in this case. I’m not sure how Cersei has a chance in hell, Arya should be able to take her out easily.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think Jon Snow's character, after promising Dani that he'd help her defeat Cersi if she'd help defeat the Night King, would tell Dani to do her own dirty work after Dani helped defeat the Night King?

You mean the Jon Snow who would run alone into an army of 6000 soldiers to try and save his brother?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see him going. I can’t see him trying to lead the north to the tune of half of everyone to maybe everyone dying

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impersonating a White Walker seems a bit out there. Not sure I'd buy that. It does seem to be consistent that if you’re wearing someone’s face then that person is dead. Not sure that would work with a White Walker.

I realize she is sneaky. Like, incredibly sneaky. You mentioned the Frey pie/Frey mass poisoning thing. That was ridiculous what she would have had to do to pull that off. She would have had to:

1) Break into the Twins undetected

2) Murder those two Frey guys

3) Cut the two Frey guys up and dispose of the most of the body parts undetected

4) Sneak into the kitchen and bake the pies with the body parts

5) Feed the pies to Walder Frey

6) Kill Walder Frey and dispose of the body undetected

7) Impersonate all three dead Freys simultaneously for several weeks so no one suspected anything was up while all the other Freys traveled to the Twins for Arya’s poisoning party

8) Poison all the food and kill all the Freys

9) Escape the Twins

You have a point there. The Frey stuff is waaaaay more ridiculous than sprinting through a horde of undead and then in front of several White Walkers undetected (personally I still think they could have had her just drop from the trees and it wouldn’t have been as crazy). So this doesn’t really exceed anything she’s done in the past. It just think she’s waaaaay too overpowered in this case. I’m not sure how Cersei has a chance in hell, Arya should be able to take her out easily.
The show version, Walder's sons were traveling from somewhere and due to arrive to dine with their lord father. Arya intercepted them and baked the pie. Walder was complaining his sons were late when the serving girl pointed out "they're right here." After which, she would have assumed Walder for a while...until the toast of death.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? If she went up to Kings Landing with her Dothraki, Unsullied and two dragons, she'd be sitting on the Iron Throne by the end of episode 3.

Why did Dani need to go to Winterfell and Cersei didn't???
Ummmm existential threat to all of Westeros.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Cersei decides to present a serious or existential threat, the North going after her will be, IMO, unbelievable.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The POV are all central to the importance of the story though.

You know anyone who doesn't have their own POV chapters is just an also-ran.

Stannis is certainly a high 2nd-tier character.

Stannis and Robb weren't POV characters in the books but they were basically given POV treatment on the show. We got a lot of extra scenes featuring those characters that weren't in the books where they were the central character. Up until his death Stannis was made out to be a bigger character than Davos on the show, despite Davos being a POV character in the books and Stannis not being one. Similarly, Robb was a bigger character than Theon on the show until he died.

Also given the context (major character deaths) I definitely think we need to expand beyond POV characters in the books. Otherwise the list would be extremely short. Not counting characters who were only POV for one epilogue or prologue, how many POV characters from the books actually died? Eddard, Catelyn, anyone else I'm forgetting? There's also Quntyn Martell but he's not even on the show and some theorize he's not dead anyway.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Cersei decides to present a serious or existential threat, the North going after her will be, IMO, unbelievable.
There isn't much of "Northern" forces. There's probably a good amount of Free Folk left, who are going to follow Jon Snow wherever. There's men from the Vale, who would be threatened by Cersei (plus Robin is family to the Stark girls), so there's that. Plus, the girls' uncle Edmure is likely the Lord of the Riverlands again, and he'll be threatened by Cersei. The Reach has pledged for Dany as well, at least after she cooked the Tarlys. There may be soldiers from there who came north.

And in my opinion, it would be out of character for "The North Remembers" to say "piss off" literally immediately after getting help saving their asses.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPHiA2V.jpg

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Cersi is on her list. Not sure about Jamie still being on the list after the Battle against the NK. She took the hound off the list so....

Was Jamie ever on Arya's list in the first place? If so, what for? He certainly would have been had she known he pushed Bran from the tower but she did not.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't seem like Jon? Really??? Dani just lost most of her army following Jon. You don't think Jon is honorable and would want to repay that? I think that's completely who he is.

Yeah the same guy that wouldn't even lie to Cersei about where his allegiance would be after the battle against the NK in order to get her to join. Despite the fact he brokered a peace between the NW/North and the Wildlings after thousands of years of fighting, he untied most of the North to help retake Winterfell then pardoned the families of the traitors, he went north of the Wall to capture a Wight, and he finally bent the knee to Daenerys all for the sake of defeating the Night King.

After doing all that, he couldn't bring himself to deceive and double-cross Cersei for the same purpose, but is now going to double-cross Daenerys?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the same guy that wouldn't even lie to Cersei about where his allegiance would be after the battle against the NK in order to get her to join. Despite the fact he brokered a peace between the NW/North and the Wildlings after thousands of years of fighting, he untied most of the North to help retake Winterfell then pardoned the families of the traitors, he went north of the Wall to capture a Wight, and he finally bent the knee to Daenerys all for the sake of defeating the Night King.

After doing all that, he couldn't bring himself to deceive and double-cross Cersei for the same purpose, but is now going to double-cross Daenerys?
Again, him going and him leading half of the north (maybe all of them) including his family to their deaths are two different things

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Jamie ever on Arya's list in the first place? If so, what for? He certainly would have been had she known he pushed Bran from the tower but she did not.

He was the guy that arrested her dad that led to his execution. It is unclear of she knows about his involvement though.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.

No.

If you think there are even half as many people calling 8.3 the best television episode ever as there are people calling it too dark, we can stop this debate now and I'll just wish you luck in the Special Olympics this summer.

I thought Trump canceled the Special Olympics?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the guy that arrested her dad that led to his execution. It is unclear of she knows about his involvement though.

Good point. That would be a good reason for him to be on the list but I don't believe he ever was. Neither was Theon oddly enough. Apparently she somehow never heard what he did (neither what he actually did nor what he was believed to have done).