• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She "snuck up" on him by sprinting past an army of his wights and homies and then screaming really load before she jumped at him?

So she could pull the same maneuver she used on Brienne, swapping hands with the dagger for the kill shot. The actual method was foreshadowed so I do not understand the disbelief.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is when the actress comes in on a crane (machine) at the last possible second , past known insurmountable odds, to save the day. That is LITERALLY Arya-ex-machina

Broken_Record.jpg

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So she could pull the same maneuver she used on Brienne, swapping hands with the dagger for the kill shot. The actual method was foreshadowed so I do not understand the disbelief.

I don't have a problem with the kill shot maneuver other than the gaping hole in the Night King's armor. But she definitely did not sneak up. It wasn't really possible to do that if she came at him from behind with all the wights and White Walkers watching. Maybe if she jumped down from a tree or something. Maybe they don't notice her then.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, why would any northerner join in the fight against Cersei?
Hasn’t Arya had enough death? She’s with her family now.
Jon Snow already got rid of the NK. Is he going to kill half of Westeros because he bent the knee to Dany, even after he found out about his parentage?
Northern houses and wildlings don’t give a fuck about the South.
So, help me out here...

Right. Cersei has been #1 (by a large margin) on Arya's list, but now she's over it. :L

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with the kill shot maneuver other than the gaping hole in the Night King's armor. But she definitely did not sneak up. It wasn't really possible to do that if she came at him from behind with all the wights and White Walkers watching. Maybe if she jumped down from a tree or something. Maybe they don't notice her then.

I honestly think that and what Bran …. err 3ER … warged into as well will be answered in the next episode. You know someone has to ask her about it.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, maybe not....but I have been flirting with theory that she came out of the tree behind him and lept in.

It would be great to see a recappign in next weeks episode that shows more; not just of that moment, but the moments that led up to that moment.

Yes, it is a visual show.....and if they just move forward from this without more showing or discussion they deserve the heat for it (but not for deus ex machina....which it was not). Until then they have 3 more episodes to tell us if they are going to tell us. They might just "leave it up to imagination" like some many other shows have done over time.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a theory she wore a face of an Other/wight and did the stealth thing that way. We've seen her use stealth before (and knew she had elsewhere, how else would she have baked Frey pie or joined the whores with Merant Trant).

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure yeah, that at least somewhat makes sense.

And Cersi is on her list. Not sure about Jamie still being on the list after the Battle against the NK. She took the hound off the list so....

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a theory she wore a face of an Other/wight and did the stealth thing that way. We've seen her use stealth before (and knew she had elsewhere, how else would she have baked Frey pie or joined the whores with Merant Trant).

I think that’s the most common expectation. They showed us her learning and then using these exact skills through the show.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Cersei has been #1 (by a large margin) on Arya's list, but now she's over it. :L
Ok. ThT was my one exception, but even she has reason to stay now.

And the others?

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMHO she was pure stealth. Even when the wights were in the library, her movements were quitter than the sound of her blood dripping. That is pure stealth.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I know. It’s how Paris was saved, etc, etc.

The point here is that a character flying in out of nowhere in slowmo to save the day seemingly magically past insurmountable odds at the last second is POOR writing, bad, art. It is tantamount to Deus ex machina.

The ‘god’ flew down on a machine back then. The actress flew in on a machine in this episode.

I wouldn't argue against this. But it happens all the time. What about Thanos at the last second thwarting all the Superhero's (specifically Thor) to destroy the universe? That was fairly bogus.

Anytime you want last second finishes, this will happen.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have to be a wight.

Walkers splinter and don't leave a face.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. ThT was my one exception, but even she has reason to stay now.

And the others?

I already stated this. Jon and Sansa because of Dani and Tyrion. Everyone else because of Jon and Sansa.

There is no talking Dani out of it. It's the entire purpose of her existence.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already stated this. Jon and Sansa because of Dani and Tyrion. Everyone else because of Jon and Sansa.

There is no talking Dani out of it. It's the entire purpose of her existence.
Jon and Sansa like those other two enough they’re going to send half of the remaining northerners to their death to support Dani’s claim on the throne? That doesn’t seem like their characters.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon and Sansa like those other two enough they’re going to send half of the remaining northerners to their death to support Dani’s claim on the throne? That doesn’t seem like their characters.

Doesn't seem like Jon? Really??? Dani just lost most of her army following Jon. You don't think Jon is honorable and would want to repay that? I think that's completely who he is.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't seem like Jon? Really??? Dani just lost most of her army following Jon. You don't think Jon is honorable and would want to repay that? I think that's completely who he is.
Repay her for something she should have and needed to do anyway... with half the lives of *other* people? Nah. I’m not buying what you’re selling.