• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, him going and him leading half of the north (maybe all of them) including his family to their deaths are two different things

A great reason for him not to go charging in blindly with what's left of the North, while the dragons hang back. But it would be very much out of character for him for this to be enough to abandon the idea altogether.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s interesting. And it poses a bigger question for me..why must someone become the NK/NQ?

Like if someone like Bran is telling me someone has to take that spot to protect the winter cycle I would ask why....what’s the downside if someone doesn’t.

They just faced the gravest threat to mankind ever, and barely slipped past it (thanks to a Hollywood ending). What could be worse than that, which would necessitate someone taking that spot? Logic would say that the new NK/NQ would just come down some winter with another gravest threat to mankind.

I have a struggle with what could possibly be worse than that if they didn’t replace the NK.

For me, it would just be the same reason someone has to take over and be the 3ER but perhaps dealing with restoring some sort of balance. The COTF intentions on creating the NK was to restore some sort of balance in their feuds with the First Men but perhaps their was a bigger purpose than what they intended. Maybe the purpose of having such evil serves to bring people together for a common purpose, to put aside their differences and restore some order for the good of all. Of course that didn't completely happen this go around with Cersei either, so maybe it's just another usless theory.

I just really find it tough to beleive this is it for the Winter Story. I don't think Arya is Azor Ahai and I still think Jon was brought back by the lord of light with some greater purpose than being the ruler of the 7 kingdoms. Seems like it has to have a bigger much more far reaching purpose than that or I guess it just could be folklore but that would also be kind of lame IMO.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great reason for him not to go charging in blindly with what's left of the North, while the dragons hang back. But it would be very much out of character for him for this to be enough to abandon the idea altogether.
No. Your analysis is bunk. Sending the army into a war that is anything but academic is risking, more truthfully killing, half of your force.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Your analysis is bunk. Sending the army into a war that is anything but academic is risking, more truthfully killing, half of your force.

But that's clearly not what I'm saying he should do. I was quite explicit about that. I'm simply saying it would be out of character for him to completely abandon the idea of helping Daenerys (who still has 2 dragons by the way) altogether, at least not for that reason. There's a huge gap between those 2 scenarios, especially for a character like Jon Snow. This is the guy that walked out beyond the Wall to meet with Mance Rayder alone when the situation was looking lost. He basically went door to door trying to rally his father's and brother's former banner men to help take on Ramsay. Whether it's intelligent to do so or not, he persists for the cause when he believes in it. Even if the solution is not obvious, he'd at least try to work out some type of game plan with the others.

But let's forget about the fact that he bent the knee to Daenerys and the debate as to whether or not he would go back on his word, and his honor and all that. It's still about survival for himself, his remaining family members, and the North. Do you think that he thinks that Cersei and her army are just going to leave the North alone, especially once she finds out how vulnerable they currently are? I believe Jamie pretty much told everyone that was her plan. It might be strategically better to let Cersei come to them as opposed to attacking her but they aren't just going to ignore the threat, and the best way to deal with that threat is with the most powerful ally you have. If he goes back on his word with Daenerys, the North would then have two enemies instead of one. One of those enemies would have 2 dragons and the other would have a large army.

That being said, there are hints at some distension between Jon and Daenerys now that they've both been told about his lineage. That could lead to their alliance eventually breaking, or at the very least some internal conflict that this show has been known for. But he wouldn't just go back on his word now that "his" enemy was defeated. And yes I know the NK would have eventually became Daenerys' enemy too but she didn't know that and she could have fought him much later than she did after the North was wiped out. He had to convince her before that became a reality.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
qxXQZDC.jpg

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, I don't believe that Sansa would want to go attack south simply because Tyrion does (assuming that he does), as someone else suggested. Despite their brief interaction last episode, they really aren't that close. I believe she respects him but I doubt he's high on her list of people that she cares for. She often disagrees with many at the top of that list anyway. If it were up to her the North would probably be its own little bubble, but she'll also probably recognize that's not an option and will maintain the reluctant alliance with Daenerys until that fuse potentially blows at some point.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I thought if that this afternoon on my hike, and now I see someone brought it up.

Dany can make it very clear to Jon that he either rallies the troops and fights, or he will have her as an enemy.

In that case, Jon either has to kill her outright, or saddle up.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon and Sansa care because of Dani and Tyrion. Everyone else cares because Jon and Sansa cares. Also...Cersei has always been the far and away #1 on Arya's list.

When did Arya start blaming Cersei for Ned? Or for Robb and Catelyn?

I thought Cersei was shocked by Joffrey's decision to execute Ned and that Joffrey was #1 on Arya's list. Tywin was responsible for the red wedding. Granted, Cersei was always on the list, but not until she became queen regent would she have been 'far and away #1', no?

Was Arya up on current events when training?
When she met Ed Sheeran and the boys, she said she was going to kill Cersei.
But, was that because she was the only one left besides Jamie?

Can we make the argument that Ser Illyn Payne might be higher on her list for executing Ned????

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a chuckle from this:

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is at least a little intrigue how this plays out now.

The North won’t want to help with shit. Jon will try to rally them, to no avail. Dany will be on his ass to play the part and bring them along.

Maybe it will be as simple as Cersei’s forces coming north. That’s an implicit threat on the North, and we know they will fight that.

I’m sure such a case will also be seen as sloppy writing. But it’s been said already that she is likely hanging back to come mop up what remains if they did somehow get past the NK.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were full seasons where the Night King / White Walkers were barely mentioned. Just not a lot of depth to them. Not sure how much more of this season they deserved.

About 130 seconds. Long enough time tell what the fuck their deal was in the first place.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was basically what I expected with only 3 episodes left and Cersi on the throne. They should have at least killed off a few main characters.

Jorah ain't gonna be around when Cersi pokes Dany in the eye.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I'm a dork watched again. Lighting much better this time

I watched about 20 minutes of the battle scene up to the point where blue groot got it in the gut. Much better. Much much better.

I wonder if some people just did not get a good quality while others did. I could see shit the first time I watched.

I am going to see it again in the next day or so to see what I really missed.