• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Day! Bears vs Packers

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To break it down for the very last time......

It was a piss poor pass from a piss poor qb that some Bear fans think still has a bright future here, that gets paid high dollar like he's some future HOF'er........

And Ps......I still laugh my pass off every time I think about some of you saying he's our best qb ever..... Do you still think he is?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a piss poor pass from a piss poor qb that some Bear fans think still has a bright future here, that gets paid high dollar like he's some future HOF'er........

And Ps......I still laugh my pass off every time I think about some of you saying he's our best qb ever..... Do you still think he is?

Just to play the devil's advocate, but who in your opinion is the best Bears QB? Can't say Jim McMahon.

Jim Miller? Erik Kramer? Steve Walsh?

It's not as if it's some huge accomplishment to be the Bears passing stats leader.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckman.....Hes a HOF'er.......And I can and will say McMahon.

He has/had more guts and leadership in one finger than Jay Jay the jet plane ever had.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has/had more guts and leadership in one finger than Jay Jay the jet plane ever had.

Couldn't stay on the field tho. He's a "what-if'er". He had the "It" factor for sure, but just couldn't stay healthy.

LOL at Luckman. He was awesome. Too bad he retired 26 years before I was born. :lol:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this after ONLY ONE game... this is going to be quite a season on this board! Oh the passion!
BEARS!
On to the Cardinals?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wood where do you get this?
I'm honestly asking- why do you believe this? McMahon was not the easiest guy to play with. He was kinda a dick if you read some of the stuff said about him... is it because he was injured a lot and played injured? the helicopter tackle play? His "punky" attitude? His team winning the only superbowl?

I liked McMahon too... Not taking anything away from him. What did he do that you makes you believe he had the guts & leadership?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't stay on the field tho. He's a "what-if'er". He had the "It" factor for sure, but just couldn't stay healthy.

LOL at Luckman. He was awesome. Too bad he retired 26 years before I was born. :lol:

It was tough for him.... Got hurt a lot, but its tough to stay on the field with a lacerated kidney(which he tried to play) and the Charles Martin slam.
There was justt something about him that de their offense better.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked McMahon too... Not taking anything away from him. What did he do that you makes you believe he had the guts & leadership?
He was not a great QB but he was a true leader IMO. Buy the way he took control and got the job done when it was most needed. If healthy they would have won more SBs. He was the biggest nut on a nutty team.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly asking- why do you believe this? McMahon was not the easiest guy to play with. He was kinda a dick if you read some of the stuff said about him... is it because he was injured a lot and played injured? the helicopter tackle play? His "punky" attitude? His team winning the only superbowl?

Where do I get this?

Apparently you were too young to watch him play....

When was the last time you ever see Jay out there greeting his wrs with a head butt.....
When have you ever seen Jay come from an injury and spark a comeback like Jimmy Mac on a Thursday night vs the Vikes.
Jay as none of that going for him..... none.
I don't ever remember any player calling out Jim either like Marshall did Jay last season.....

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do I get this?

When was the last time you ever see Jay out there greeting his wrs with a head butt.....
When have you ever seen Jay come from an injury and spark a comeback like Jimmy Mac on a Thursday night vs the Vikes.
I don't ever remember any player calling out Jim either like Marshall did Jay last season.....

I'm 37... So I did see him play...but yes I was young. I just don't know if that's leadership...but I guess everyone has their own definition of leadership. To each their own, The guy had guts, no doubt. I just think you're dislike of Jay is clouding your memory of others, that's all. Different era's too.
In the 80's you were considered a pu$$y if you didn't play with a concussion. And now many of those guys are dead at 50 and/or have severe depression and are shooting themselves. At the time that was thought of leadership and being tough...but that's not is not how the league works anymore.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 37... So I did see him play...but yes I was young. I just don't know if that's leadership...but I guess everyone has their own definition of leadership. To each their own, The guy had guts, no doubt. I just think you're dislike of Jay is clouding your memory of others, that's all. Different era's too.
In the 80's you were considered a pu$$y if you didn't play with a concussion. And now many of those guys are dead at 50 and/or have severe depression and are shooting themselves. At the time that was thought of leadership and being tough...but that's not is not how the league works anymore.

How the league works is riding a bike on the sideline while your backup is filling in for you in the game of the Bears/Packer rivalry during a NFC game non-the-less.

Get over it Joe..... Cutler is a figment of what we thought he was gonna be....

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that you don't like him... you're giving me examples of why you don't like Jay. We've heard these before. I'm not arguing about that. I get it. Believe me, I get it... (and I can understand it) Jay was injured simple as that. He also came back after 2 weeks with a torn groin & played with a sprained ankle a couple years ago. Isn't this the "leadership" that you liked in McMahon?

But McMahon wasn't great... in 7 seasons he only played in 66 out of 112 games plus playoffs. He had a 67td and 56ints as a Bear. (and 100/90 for his career)
McMahon also had The GREATEST Defense ever. And a guy named Walter Payton.
I know a big thing is winning games... of course... And McMahon won games... mostly because of those two things- Defense & Walter.
(As a kid I wore #9 for "The Natural" and Jim McMahon... I am a fan)

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Joe..... Even with that HOF rb and with one of if not the best defense ever why did they only win one SB title?....... They were more important to that team than JM.

We had Flute start the playoffs after the SB title..... I'd have to say JM would of made a bigger difference.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you are still a piss poor dickhead that has a hard on for Jay. As far as his pay, that wasn't under his control, asswipe. ...he took what was given.

Last edited:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the league works is riding a bike on the sideline while your backup is filling in for you in the game of the Bears/Packer rivalry during a NFC game non-the-less.

Get over it Joe..... Cutler is a figment of what we thought he was gonna be....
You are a pathetic piss of cow dung.....my GOD just get over it already......we don't care about your infatuation with Jay

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do I get this?

A head butt? Yeah the wr really got that. No asshole it was his o-line...stop making up shit. McMahon was a good qb, no more no less.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leo's hitting the drank!!! :laugh:

Now let's calm down:heh:

McMahon was sooo badass. Dude changed the NFL in a way...fucking "BYU-boy"...too awesome. He's everything I'd want from the position, save for his being injury-prone.(Granted, certain c unts have a lot to do with that "fragility") That said, there is not enough data to suggest anything other than he was badass for a brief moment in time.